What's new

Was Ojhri Camp Blast an Accident or Sabotage?

Does anyone remember how it was reported at the time? The tone or or slant of the coverage, obviously it would probably vary from outlet to outlet.

That is pakistan problems. We never consider human life precious enough. Always say to put mitti over everything. To cover it up. While countries expose and out cases to logical conclusion and give the dead some respect. But in this banana republic no

One of Pakistan's biggest curses is the mitti pao mentality

We do it for almost everything even stuff like partition, 1971, and War on Terror.

Embarassing. No wonder this country can't get things straight.

One of Pakistan's biggest curses is the mitti pao mentality

We do it for almost everything even stuff like partition, 1971, and War on Terror.

Embarassing. No wonder this country can't get things straight.
There is no clourse to anything. Only choas and confusion and polarisation and our neutrals benefit from all this. From them choas is indeed a ladder

It was reported as a disaster when we were kids
Thanks. Have you (or anyone else) seen much of a change in the tone of coverage over the years. If it even gets attention still. Has there ever been much of interest in pursuing the matter further? Corruption, incompetence, the inquiry, etc?

Thanks. Have you (or anyone else) seen much of a change in the tone of coverage over the years. If it even gets attention still. Has there ever been much of interest in pursuing the matter further? Corruption, incompetence, the inquiry, etc?
There was an inquiry but the report was never made public.

Sorry what I meant is there any demand or much wider interest in the issue any more? The inquiry report, for example, has there been any push to get it published. Or is that just something that people gradually lost interest in? Happens the world over, governments seem to wait things out and no ones ever really held accountable even if they find fault. It's heading that way here now with things again.

Off. Topic sir but the 80’s were a very elegant time. PTV khabarnama ! I remember the 9 o’clock news very well. We all used to tune to it.
Yes dear... Ptv news... Neelaam ghar..... In Ptv news, it always was like... Everything is OK in the country.... And then.... Gandum k kashkaaron k naam aaham paigham..... And those dry lectures of AIOU.

Last edited:
Yes dear... Ptv news... Inaam ghar..... In Ptv news, it always was like... Everything is OK in the country.... And then.... Gandum k kashkaaron k naam aaham paigham..... And those dry lectures of AIOU.
Yes AIOU lectures. I remember those too - fond memories.

Yes dear... Ptv news... Neelaam ghar..... In Ptv news, it always was like... Everything is OK in the country.... And then.... Gandum k kashkaaron k naam aaham paigham..... And those dry lectures of AIOU.
In India we used to envy the PTV serials that seemed to us a large cut above anything being done in India at the time. Dhoop Kinare? Tanhaiyan? Now not even sure of the names. But I’ll never forget the immortal Bakra Kishton Mein.

Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be….

I remember that day very well. I was preparing for my 2nd year exam. I was standing in front of my cabinet and looking for something and all of a sudden there was a huge blast. And few mins later there was a smoke cloud from Rawalpindi (I grew up in Islamabad). And we thought someone blew ISI's office close to the aabpara market. And if I remember correctly, almost an hour later all these projectiles start flying around and people were very scared. Few projectiles landed on the campus of my college. And I think Shahid Khaqan Abbasi's father got hit and killed by one of the projectile. Later at 9:00pm khabranama, same BS news with no useful details.

Back
Top Bottom