What's new

Was Jinnah secular or not?

That picture of Gandhi's assassination.

It was taken from a Sanghi film showing a manly, upright Godse confronting a cringing, whining Gandhi, begging for his life.

If you knew anything about the circumstances, Godse was a bigot and a fanatic, and a member of a clandestine group of members of the Hindu Mahasabha, conceived and led by the (anonymously) self-proclaimed hero, Vinayak Savarkar, and led also by Shyama Prasad Mukherjee. The actual assassination was marked by the insinuation of Godse into the open, unguarded prayer meeting held by Gandhi, and his firing at a defenceless old man who only took the name of God as he died.

For someone to post such a tasteless, vile picturisation is painful to see, but this pain soon resolves itself, as one reflects on the mindset that would defile anything, everything belonging to a group seen to be inimical.

That, in brief, is what is wrong with your post. As if it matters in the least that you might have offended, not an Indian sensibility, but a human sensibility.
Does that image not clearly illustrate the mindset & ideology behind the BJP and RSS even today?

Is such jarring imagery not in fact essential for many in the world, Hindu and non-Hindu, to understand what the BJP and RSS mindset symbolizes?

Is your commentary above not better directed at the supporters of the BJP & RSS or those who chose to ignore its crimes and the hatred and bigotry that runs through their veins?

Should your blood not boil more over the fact that the image is a stark reminder of the crimes committed and the mindset that committed the crime, rather than direct that anger at an individual who posted the image in a completely different context?

Jinnah was secular , but later he become a practicing and to some extend devoted Muslim , why I believe that ? because of his actions , things that he stood for later when he return from UK to take the leadership of Muslims, he emphasize of Quran and Sunnah to be the bases of Constitution of Pakistan, And he never accepted his daughter once she decided to marry a Non Muslim Parsi .

Does that image not clearly illustrate the mindset & ideology behind the BJP and RSS even today?

It does.

Is such jarring imagery not in fact essential for many in the world, Hindu and non-Hindu, to understand what the BJP and RSS mindset symbolizes?

It is.

Is your commentary above not better directed at the supporters of the BJP & RSS or those who chose to ignore its crimes and the hatred and bigotry that runs through their veins?

This is not a zero-sum game. It may not have been entirely hidden from your scrutiny that my comments have been far more frequently directed at the supporters of the BJP and the RSS than to those unwittingly disparaging of Gandhi.

Should your blood not boil more over the fact that the image is a stark reminder of the crimes committed and the mindset that committed the crime, rather than direct that anger at an individual who posted the image in a completely different context?

It does, but it is difficult to understand how my blood should boil over 'more'; while I understand your emotional response, it is risible to imagine two ranges of temperature through which it has been suggested that my blood should course.

While looking at the felony, one is not compelled to ignore the misdemeanour, and that is what I have done.

My father instructed me, when I was very much younger than now, that an unintentional insult was wholly unacceptable. I hope you get the point.

It does.

It is.

This is not a zero-sum game. It may not have been entirely hidden from your scrutiny that my comments have been far more frequently directed at the supporters of the BJP and the RSS than to those unwittingly disparaging of Gandhi.

It does, but it is difficult to understand how my blood should boil over 'more'; while I understand your emotional response, it is risible to imagine two ranges of temperature through which it has been suggested that my blood should course.

While looking at the felony, one is not compelled to ignore the misdemeanour, and that is what I have done.

My father instructed me, when I was very much younger than now, that an unintentional insult was wholly unacceptable. I hope you get the point.
Let me state it differently.

Many of us (on the Pakistani side) are likely not aware of the context of certain images such as the one in question. I personally had never come across it and your comments helped explain the origin and nature.

I think a somewhat different approach could have been taken where the poster was informed that he/she was in fact propagating RSS/Hindutva propaganda with the use of said image.

Let me state it differently.

Many of us (on the Pakistani side) are likely not aware of the context of certain images such as the one in question. I personally had never come across it and your comments helped explain the origin and nature.

I think a somewhat different approach could have been taken where the poster was informed that he/she was in fact propagating RSS/Hindutva propaganda with the use of said image.

Your point is taken. I shall edit my critical post.

I also bear away the notion that I am not to be held responsible for any defamatory picture or expression or sentiment that cannot be proved to be deliberate and designed to offend. Accidental insults are now permitted on PDF.

@Naofumi I hope you don't do what you were doing here any further....there is stuff underneath....just accept people as they choose to be... we throw away things sometimes not quite knowing or valuing what we have thrown away....or maybe we never valued it at all to begin with.

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."

- Muhammad Ali

And why was I clubbed with those two? Genuine curiosity.

You are viewed as less Muslim than us by them, hence more amiable.

Muslims have been sorted into convenient categories and labels since the dawn of the British. You have some whom were fought with machine guns and artillery, some disenfranchised from jobs and education, and others given sirs and accolades to win them over.

And today a statue of Gandhi is being protested in CA by Indian minorities for glorifying a pedophile and racist.

How the paragons of the international liberal order have fallen..

This is what happens when an ordinary man is deified like a god.

Your point is taken. I shall edit my critical post.

I also bear away the notion that I am not to be held responsible for any defamatory picture or expression or sentiment that cannot be proved to be deliberate and designed to offend. Accidental insults are now permitted on PDF.

You also broke the rule about discussing members. @AgNoStiC MuSliM Let it slide.

Back
Top Bottom