What's new

War-crime trial: witness threatened, bribed (Video)

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
By Dean Nelson, New Delhi, The Telegraph

Toby Cadman, Mr Mollah’s British lawyer, said while he believed atrocities had been committed in Bangladesh, the trials of his client and others accused of war crimes had been politically motivated.
The original life imprisonment sentence had been overturned on appeal only after the government changed the law and applied it retrospectively in breach of international conventions.

Mr Cadman cited a secretly filmed meeting between a defence figure and a key witness in the war crimes trial of another Jamaat leader in which the witness said he was being forced by government threats and financial inducements to give evidence.

ICT_scandal_1.jpg

In the film, the witness, known as ‘Nannu’ said he and his family had been threatened and that he had been offered a large interest free loan to be a witness against Motiur Rahman Nizami, another top Jamaat leader, accused of committing atrocities. “I’ve seen this video and it’s deeply disturbing. It brings the whole process into question. If this witness has been pursued and coerced by the government, there has to be an international, independent inquiry into this whole process,” said Mr Cadman.

War-crime trial: witness threatened, bribed (Video) | BDINN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimately BNP would have to pay for this funny trial if they form govt next time. They wouldn't have the rational to hang the accused/convicted leaders of JeI or the guts to free them in defiance of the Awamis. Nor do they seem to have the ability to take initiative for a retrial by another court.

Ultimately BNP would have to pay for this funny trial if they form govt next time. They wouldn't have the rational to hang the accused/convicted leaders of JeI or the guts to free them in defiance of the Awamis. Nor do they seem to have the ability to take initiative for a retrial by another court.

they can show these proofs in tv. get American lawyers to say a few words, start reinvestigation. beat the **** out of shahbagis if they protest by blocking roads[oh i like this one]

they can show these proofs in tv. get American lawyers to say a few words, start reinvestigation. beat the **** out of shahbagis if they protest by blocking roads[oh i like this one]

I think BAL is in power or opposition is equally dangerous. Even BNP wins, and does something good, BAL will make issues after issues and make unstable BD. The better policy would be to form a "Commi-Awami Nirmul Comity" and give them very tough time.

Would love the last line to happen! Freaking dramabagis..

Cheers!!!

Those Shahbaghis can dance on lap, they'll vanish when BAL will not be in power.

He has been seen in lot of TV channels last couple of days regarding Kader Moolah's verdict. Wonder what the H in his name means?(is it H for ******?).
What happens to the guy in the interview? Is he still alive?

Witnesses were also trained how to lie & make up myths in court. All of this can definitely be used to bring the perpetrators of this whole sham trail to justice. Its a must if we are to move ahead as a nation free from indo-awami influence.

BNP for the sake of the nation and its own political interest better try all the scum bags & indian dalals involved in this horrendous sham. All they have to do is ensure a fair trial, may be bring in intl judges to monitor and oversight. Also U are forgetting the pilkhanna massacre and the 6th may massacre. Not to forget the horrendous atrocities of the rakki bahini. If BNP is smart and they would know what to do.

Diganta TV was one of the studios that got shut down by the government immediately when the 5th May massacre occurred and thousands of Shibeer activists had died. Tony Cadman is quite popular amongst the Bangladeshi community in London and he has said this many times that it is a kangaroo court.

Hasina and her dirty poli-tricks.

Back
Top Bottom