What's new

Wapda ex-chief Muzammil Hussain skips NAB hearing in $753m (Rs. 151 billion) scam

Let me guess.. pmln started inaugurating every premature thing prior to elections to get maximum benefit and in this particular matter they didnt listen to any expert advice and promised the general they would get this managed. And the general agreed to it instead of resigning as his immediate resign would have been a bigger loss to nation as noone competent enough existed to run things.

Very very plausible...the end of N league, the end of General's tenure...and now make him a scapegoat.

Only thing that matter is he loyal to Pakistan? Whether he is loyal to IK or not is irrelevant? Not so long ago, Bajwa was also loyal to his PM IK.
IMO everyone is loyal, people are too quick to think their chosen political side is loyal while everyone else is a scoundrel. I prefer giving everyone the benefit of any doubt on intentions.

So where is the corruption? Or undue benefit? Or rishtedaron ko nawazna?

I agree though, that if this was actually done, then an inquiry and post-inquiry action should be undertaken. But this surely does not fall under NAB. It is a departmental issue, and where perhaps the ministry can take action or other means can be pursued.

But how is this a NAB case?

This is my biggest gripe with NAB, it takes up cases which it has no business of taking, and often.

There was nothing same in the Saaf Pani case or Railway case or Narowal Sports Complex case and countless other NAB cases. People were jailed for years, now you are saying how this is a NAB case??

Ask Gen. Muzzamal to appear before NAB and state it is not a NAB case, NAB will inform him how it is NAB case.

Alright, so after a little bit of research, here is what I have understood about this case:

1- March 2018 main btw hakoomat N ki hi thi...so OP, if you are trying to open a thread in haste and try and pin it on PTI, try again...you can do better.

2- The project was inaugurated in March, and water levels during that time of the year are usually low. This results in the silt to be higher in proportion in the water and that can damage the turbines. But, from what I can gather, the dam was made fully operational again in August, and the turbines were not replaced, neither was any other major civil work undertaken. Apart from the silt issue, there were a couple of other quality issues as well in the penstock.

So how the heck can a damage of $753 million be caused, jab turbine bhi replace nhn huay, na hi koi aur major kaam hua? Keep in mind as well, the actual cost of the project was around $600 million, it was revised downwards.

I just think NAB takes the total cost of a project and slaps it in a press release just for news headlines.

3- Again, there isn't an element of corruption or undue benefit or favor in this. It's a technical mistake, or an error of judgment, which is serious enough in itself and should be dealt with, but why is NAB undertaking this?

4- Seeing up close how NAB works in the past few years, and seeing how the NAB prosecutor practically begs you to do a plea bargain because they have nothing on you but still have to show a recovery due to the jail time, I honestly do not trust NAB one bit, neither in the cases against N, PPP, or anyone else. NAB needs a major overhaul, and apart from 1 or two clauses by N league in the new amendments, the rest are still a sham.

5- The good old general should go to the inquiry and make himself heard. But I do think there is more to this than meets the eye, especially once you realize why the WAPDA chairman resigned and when this inquiry was started;)

NO, I was not trying to pin this on PTI, but I understand PTI government ordered an inquiry in right after coming to power in hope to pin Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, inquiry report of PTI government put all blame on Chairman WAPDA, PTI government did nothing as post-inquiry, if there would be any involvement of SKA, PTI would surly initiate a NAB case and all my fellow forum members would be calling SKA thief Daku and what not. PTI government gave him extension of another term of five years, PTI government could easily replace another competent person.

You have served my purpose of the post, my fellow forum members would look NAB matters with a different perspective.

NO, I was not trying to pin this on PTI, but I understand PTI government ordered an inquiry in right after coming to power in hope to pin Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, inquiry report of PTI government put all blame on Chairman WAPDA, PTI government did nothing as post-inquiry, if there would be any involvement of SKA, PTI would surly initiate a NAB case and all my fellow forum members would be calling SKA thief Daku and what not. PTI government gave him extension of another term of five years, PTI government could easily replace another competent person.

You have served my purpose of the post, my fellow forum members would look NAB matters with a different perspective.

Well to be fair WAPDA has performed much better than those who have been at the post in previous years.

Sure, a major part of that is the emphasis of PTI on hydro resources, but still, the Chairman is the one who has to execute it.

Can you elaborate?

N league wants to get the project running quick, N league pressurizes the chairman WAPDA to run the turbines before they should be run, problem occurs, N puts blame on chairman.

Just a hypothetical scenario.

NAB issued a call-up Notice to Lt. General Muzzamil Hussain (Retd.)

1655382373367.png

Back
Top Bottom