What's new

Wang nianshuang is the key to moderna's mRNA vaccine development

kuge

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

sorry in chinese. You may find out more yourselves.
1614222782674.png

..but ...but ..I thought American vaccines were dangerous ...killing people in ...Norway...Portugal...

You PDF Chinese folks are a funny lot.. :lol:

1614223321609.png

without him laying the preliminary ground work of mRNA it would be impossible for Pfizer & Moderna to come out the vaccine within 1 year.
Sadly his work is undermined by Trump's hatred policy towards china
..but ...but ..I thought American vaccines were dangerous ...killing people in ...Norway...Portugal...

haha...all of us are guilty of politcal correctness

I don't see any problem here.
Coming out with the mRNA research and rushing out the vaccine prematurely without ascertaining fully that it is reasonably safe are 2 separate issues and not exclusive to each other.

I am not taking the mRNA vaccines, American or otherwise, until the technology matures further and tested more extensively for a few years at least.
Some may want to take the risk, but its traditional vaccines, American or Chinese, for me.

He was just one of many in a chain back a few years ago doing Coronavirus messenger RNA research. (Tech the Chinese apparently scoff at BTW at such cutting edge stuff)

A gamble pays off in ‘spectacular success’: How the leading coronavirus vaccines made it to the finish line

They wanted the immune system to learn to recognize the thumbtack spike, so McLellan tasked a scientist in his laboratory with identifying genetic mutations that could anchor the protein into the right configuration. It was a painstaking process for Nianshuang Wang, who now works at a biotechnology company, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. After trying hundreds of genetic mutations, he found two that worked. Five journals rejected the finding, questioning its significance, before it was published in 2017.

Jason McLellan

Last edited:
View attachment 719781
without him laying the preliminary ground work of mRNA it would be impossible for Pfizer & Moderna to come out the vaccine within 1 year.
Sadly his work is undermined by Trump's hatred policy towards china

haha...all of us are guilty of politcal correctness
Not surprising.
Trump will never give credit to a Chinese researcher for his so-called US solution.
Now they are all heading home, thanks to Trump racist policy, how to make America great again?

Back
Top Bottom