What's new

Walton exports LED TVs to Greece

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
1602870747772.png

Local electronics giant Walton started exporting its light emitting diode television (LED TV) to Greece, with the first consignment dispatched recently.

The exports was another milestone for the ‘Made in Bangladesh’ labeled electronics brand in expanding its business to European markets, said a press release.

Earlier, it exported products to Western and Central European countries, it added.

Marking the Greece shipment, Walton arranged a program titled ‘Expanding Export Market To Greece’ at the Walton Corporate Office’s in the capital recently.

Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited Director Raisa Sigma Hima, International Business Unit (IBU) President Edward Kim, TV’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Engineer Mostafa Nahid Hossain and European business head Engineer Tauseef Al Mahmud Walton’s Greek business partner Georgios Tziallas, were present, among others, in the event.

Edward Kim said that Walton was committed to provide the best input in both software and hardware in their devices.

Through Walton’s partnership with the leading European electronics companies and retailers, it aimed to establish Bangladesh as one of the top electronic product manufacturers in global market, he said.

Eventually market expansion into the European region would not only help grow Bangladeshi electronics business globally but also help unlock new channels to market other type of electronic goods as well, Edward added.

“I am really very happy to see all the state-of-the-art production facilities of Walton Television and really appreciate their efforts to maintain a rigorous QC policy,” said Georgios Tziallas.

Tauseef Al Mahmud said, Greece was an important business hub for the Southeastern Europe, and being a high potential electronic market.

"We strongly believe our partnership will yield some great results in the near future," he hoped.

Man I’m trying to figure out a way to invest in Walton stocks... you know how I can do that sitting abroad?

I don't know to be honest, No one I know has dabbled in the stock market, I mean my uncle has but he is a local and not an NRB, so not sure that would help.

You can try scouring the stock exchange's own site for details or just contact them directly.

If you have any relatives in BD ask them to find out, or visit the stock exchange yourself when in BD.

Bhai, here says the same too...

1. Yes, they are. I don't know what happened to that.

2. Yes you can. But you have to register under as a foreign investor. The process is complex AFAIK. You should visit DSE & SEC website.

3. No regular brokerage houses will do. But be careful. BD stock market is full of.....

Last edited:
View attachment 680031

Local electronics giant Walton started exporting its light emitting diode television (LED TV) to Greece, with the first consignment dispatched recently.

The exports was another milestone for the ‘Made in Bangladesh’ labeled electronics brand in expanding its business to European markets, said a press release.

Earlier, it exported products to Western and Central European countries, it added.

Marking the Greece shipment, Walton arranged a program titled ‘Expanding Export Market To Greece’ at the Walton Corporate Office’s in the capital recently.

Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited Director Raisa Sigma Hima, International Business Unit (IBU) President Edward Kim, TV’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Engineer Mostafa Nahid Hossain and European business head Engineer Tauseef Al Mahmud Walton’s Greek business partner Georgios Tziallas, were present, among others, in the event.

Edward Kim said that Walton was committed to provide the best input in both software and hardware in their devices.

Through Walton’s partnership with the leading European electronics companies and retailers, it aimed to establish Bangladesh as one of the top electronic product manufacturers in global market, he said.

Eventually market expansion into the European region would not only help grow Bangladeshi electronics business globally but also help unlock new channels to market other type of electronic goods as well, Edward added.

“I am really very happy to see all the state-of-the-art production facilities of Walton Television and really appreciate their efforts to maintain a rigorous QC policy,” said Georgios Tziallas.

Tauseef Al Mahmud said, Greece was an important business hub for the Southeastern Europe, and being a high potential electronic market.

"We strongly believe our partnership will yield some great results in the near future," he hoped.

Kudos - another feather in their export cap.

I think they should target countries in Europe not targeted by other electronics exporters from Asia,

Interesting thing is - Turkey has a vibrant appliance export industry too, with plenty of backward linkages.

But I don't know if LED TV's are part of their export basket.

I know they have quite a few plants making refrigerators and washing machines (JV's with companies such as Hoover US and Indesit Italy). I don't know if products from those factories are exported - or for domestic consumption only?

One Turkish appliance giant also had a factory in Pakistan.

@cabatli_53 brother your thoughts please.

I don't know to be honest, No one I know has dabbled in the stock market, I mean my uncle has but he is a local and not an NRB, so not sure that would help.

You can try scouring the stock exchange's own site for details or just contact them directly.

If you have any relatives in BD ask them to find out, or visit the stock exchange yourself when in BD.

Bhai, here says the same too...
From what I could gather, our stock market is extremely analogue. You can’t buy online. Nuts

Omg, that Bengali Korean dude! Never imagined the guy will go back to BD.

He used to do sales in LG consumer electronics unit.

From what I could gather, our stock market is extremely analogue. You can’t buy online. Nuts
You cant buy directly from stock market but have to have a BO account with one of their agents. Most banks do offer this service along with brokerage firms. You can search bangladesh brokerage which should land you with some of them.
And the stock market is fully digitized and you can see live transaction even on online.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom