What's new

Wahab declines Big Bash for Pakistan

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: After an impressive county season, Wahab Riaz seems to be thronged with offers from various quarters but the Pakistan fast-bowler has set national recall as his priority.

Riaz recently turned down an offer to play this year’s Big Bash in Australia, which will see many Pakistan stars taking part including former captain Shahid Afridi. However, the left-armer, who has been rested for the Zimbabwe series by the selectors, is concentrating on returning to the Pakistan team.

His performance with Kent, where he claimed 20 wickets in the recently-concluded Friends Life T20, also earned him a long-term offer from the county side.

Big Bash not a priority

The left-arm pacer said that he refused the offer to play in Australia since he was focusing on Pakistan’s upcoming series against Sri Lanka and England.

“I was asked to play in the Big Bash but I refused,” Riaz told The Express Tribune. “It’s a good tournament but I’m targeting the important series against England and Sri Lanka.”

Pakistan will take on Sri Lanka in October and are scheduled to face England at the start of next year.

Riaz added that there was a gap where he could play in the Big Bash but did not want to risk suffering an injury.

“There’s a small gap but I’ve decided to avoid extra workload and just concentrate on playing for Pakistan.”

Accepts Kent’s offer

However, the fast-bowler said he accepted Kent’s offer to play for the side for a longer period.

“The agreement is that whenever I’m free from national commitments, I will be available for them.”

The fast bowler, who made his Test debut last year, said the county experience will be a huge boost to his career. Wahab declines Big Bash for Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Wow - so proud of Wahab - chose country over money. :pakistan:

“ I’ve decided to avoid extra workload and just concentrate on playing for Pakistan.”

This ^ should be the approach :tup:

Wahab have a good variety with a pace and excellent length i see a replacement of Akram in coming years

Back
Top Bottom