What's new

Wagah-like show in Petrapole of BD

not quite... they are like balochistan of bd .. :D

Sylhetis are the most patriotic Bangladeshi's around. Baluchistan of BD, LOL...:omghaha:...you guys are so desperate to find non existent divisions in BD. Bangladesh is one of the most homogenous nations on the planet, there is only one language with various regional accents and 90% Muslims.

Just because you guys have so many, divisions and separatist groups, don't think we have anything like yours....

Sylhetis are the most patriotic Bangladeshi's around. Baluchistan of BD, LOL...:omghaha:...you guys are so desperate to find non existent divisions in BD. Bangladesh is one of the most homogenous nations on the planet, there is only one language with various regional accents and 90% Muslims.

Just because you guys have so many, divisions and separatist groups, don't think we have anything like yours....
dont know.. i have never been to bd... but my friends from dhaka and chittagong say syletis are uncouth people with weird language who can never be trusted and because I have no sylheti friend I cant really be sure... :sick:

Bd is one of the most homogeneous but one of the most polarized countries in the world. The reason behind the bloodshed and animosity that gave birth to your country is still very much existent .

dont know.. i have never been to bd... but my friends from dhaka and chittagong say syletis are uncouth people with weird language who can never be trusted and because I have no sylheti friend I cant really be sure... :sick:

Ah man you've been mega trolled, an you call them friends from Dhaka....:laughcry:...we all speak Bengali, even a half Bangladeshi like me. If you ever met a Sylheti you'd know that they are far more nationalistic then us über secular Dhakayas.

Bd is one of the most homogeneous but one of the most polarized countries in the world. The reason behind the bloodshed and animosity that gave birth to your country is still very much existent .

Yea polarised between 2 parties, or should I say not the general population but the political active population. The animosity was not between BD vs BD it was between PK vs BD....Bangladeshi's love politics and arguing...but when an outsider try's to interfere and divide us they are in for a rude awakening sooner or later.

Ah man you've been mega trolled, an you call them friends from Dhaka....:laughcry:...we all speak Bengali, even a half Bangladeshi like me. If you ever met a Sylheti you'd know that they are far more nationalistic then us über secular Dhakayas.
i think they were serious .. i filtered out expletives and other things they said about uk sylhetis ... :P

People will always find something to fight about....If there are different religions they fight with each other....If there are different races or ethnicities they fight with each other....since we are religiously and ethnically homogeneous we fight about politics.

i think they were serious .. i filtered out expletives and other things they said about uk sylhetis ... :P

Man you need to take what they say with a pinch of salt, 80% of the Bangladeshis that originally came to the uk were from the sylhet region of Bangladesh, they were mainly from villages many never lived in large cities, the educated urban sylhetis did not need to emigrate they were pretty well of. Because the original immigrants lacked formal education and industrial skills, they faced a tough racist adopted homeland, they could not get jobs and because of their skin colour they could not get proper housing.

They faced constant racial abuse and attacks from groups like the BNP and the National Front, so to protect themselves they started to congregate into ghettos in East London. Lacking jobs a lot of Sylhetis turned to setting up business with the only skills they had, so that's why the majority curry houses are BD Sylheti owned.

They suffered a lot to build a life here in the UK and educate their children and many became quite well of, but running curry eateries is a hard job and something their graduate professional children want to do. The latest generation of sylhetis are a lot different, accountants, doctors, teachers etc.

This is why curry houses are dying out, infact they are having a tough time getting cooks and staff, having to hire Easter Europeans instead. I hope this has helped you a little.

Please stick to the topic, how ever much you Indians wish that Bangladeshi's were divided, sorry to disappoint. For us the its our nation first before any region that we may be from.

Wagah-like show at Petrapole - bdnews24.com

Wagah-like show at Petrapole
New Delhi Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-09-10 23:21:00.0 BdST Updated: 2013-09-10 23:21:00.0 BdST

A Pakistani Ranger (right) and an Indian Border Security Force officer go through their goose-step routine. Photo: Reuters

The famous glittering and dazzling retreat ceremony of Attari-Wagah along Indo-Pakistani border will soon be recreated, minus the aggression, at Petrapole across the Benapole border .

The ceremony at Petrapole will see the troops of Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) conduct the drill in unison and synchronised coordination in full regalia at sunset, lowering the respective national flags.

According to a BSF spokesperson, the drills at Petrapole had been fine-tuned to suit the taste of spectators of Bengal as well as in keeping with the existing ‘cordial and harmonious relations’ between the BSF and the BGB.

“However, unlike Attari-Wagah, the people will not see the adrenaline rushing aggression which is on display there. The ceremony at Petrapole will be much subdued in comparison and will focus more on the finer aspects of a shared Bangla culture,” a BSF communiqué said.

The decision to organise the joint retreat ceremonies at three places in the eastern theatre is a result of mutual deliberations during Director General-level coordination conference held in Dhaka in 2011.

At the meeting, a proposal to this effect had been mooted as a part of confidence building measures.

It was aimed at strengthening the cordial relations between the people of both countries while at same time achieving better synergy and bonhomie between the border forces.

The retreat ceremony will be organised at the Petrapole-Benapole Border, Changrabandha-Burimari (both West Bengal) and Akhaura-Phulbari (Tripura).

Initially, the ceremony will be held at Petrapole-Benapole and later at the other places.

The arrangements for the ceremony have been completed with drills prepared and approved by both the countries. Once it gets rolling, it is expected to draw huge crowds to witness the grand display.

The flag-off routine will be carried out before sunset. Contingents of twenty personnel each from both forces will march up to the gate at zero line and open the door.

Songs of Nazrul and Rabindra Sangeet will feature in this ceremony.

After parade and handshakes, both sides will return to their positions. BSF and BGB’s women personnel will also take part.

The programme will last for about 30 minutes – 18 minutes devoted to cultural shows and 12 minutes to the joint retreat drill.

The cultural programme will be presented jointly by the artists of both the countries.

“The cultural programme will initially be held on national holidays of the two countries and at mutually agreed intervals - once a month or once in a fortnight,” BSF communiqué said.

School children from both the countries are expected to participate in them.

The BSF believes the retreat ceremony will not only help develop better and cordial relations between the people of both the countries and forces but will also provide a platform for the artists of the two nations.

Besides the innovative retreat ceremony, there is also proposal for building a BGB and BSF museum for displaying the achievements of the two forces.

If its no aggression their will be no fun.

Yea polarised between 2 parties, or should I say not the general population but the political active population. The animosity was not between BD vs BD it was between PK vs BD....Bangladeshi's love politics and arguing...but when an outsider try's to interfere and divide us they are in for a rude awakening sooner or later.

To the Indian wet dreamers, even the polarization between BNP and AL is not that permanent. It keeps on changing. Read the recent opinion poll below to know how people are now not supporting AL:

AC NIELSEN OPINION POLLS Significant swing towards BNP | BDINN.com

What your same branve BGB has done in Pilkana.. You want me to post that..??

Yea go for it, it's a free forum, have your say. No one knows how these things happen or the reality of what the true causes were, but we know those that did this will be held accountable, and dully punished. But that still don't mean that your BSF "super soldiers" are any better then our "pot bellied" BGB, the only time the two clashed head to head, over 200 of your "super soldiers" tried to do a surprise attack against a small outpost of just 17 "pot bellied" BGB men and got their butt kicked.

Back
Top Bottom