What's new

Vote your favourite candidate to win

Who is best writer and poster according to you?

• Maarkhor

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • The Eagle

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Parikrama

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • Daneshmand

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Wajsal

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Nihonjin

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • neutron

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Note: Please read all the write-ups before voting, do not waste your vote!

spirit_of_justice_handshake_guy_mage_armor_high_contrast_hd-wallpaper-415864.jpg

Gentlemen,
We are now entering in second and final round of the competition. All respected readers are requested to cast their vote so that best amongst our participants win. Make sure for not to form a 'lobby' to favor any single poster. This means that votes must be given on basis of write up quality and poster's reputation with readers and management rather than his class, race, religion, personal views or nationality

I wish best of luck to candidates of Poster of the year 2016.

Candidates, kindly tag your supporters to get maximum votes.In case if any participant is missing from the list then kindly inform me immediately so that he is not left behind.

Last edited:
Here is list of write-ups and candidates.We have asked them a question and they have answered as follows:

Q)Why do you think that you deserve this title?

Parikrama replied:

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this opportunity.

My submission for P.O.T.Y-2016 Contest

Title: The World in 2016 – 7 Pillars holding the Global Growth
Link: The World in 2016 – 7 Pillars holding the Global Growth
For all audiences:
In this world where physical boundaries are becoming meaningless and the world seems to be shrinking in size, global economic events seems to have far reaching consequences affecting the lives of fellow human beings scattered over this whole planet. The aim of this article was to make most of the readers aware of selected global events which can tilt the global risk equilibrium into positive growth story or negative global recession nightmares. Each of these events were focused on structural basis which have profound impact on multiple economies positively and negatively. The aim was always to share knowledge and use the platform PDF provided to increase the understanding and awareness of such global events which impacts our lives on a daily basis.

I believe my real win will come when the candle of wisdom ignites in the minds of readers who opens up their eyes to see the world in a different perspective and understand the underlying truth about the risk in global economy that is affecting their day to day lives. I thank the PDF management for this opportunity and I will continue on this zeal of sharing the knowledge that i have and learning more from the forum.

Thanks and Regards,
PARIKRAMA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Eagle replied:

Dear all respected and seniors members,

First of all, thank you so much for all the support and encourage.

Since the day I have joined PDF, it was my thought to learn more about current affairs of every subject and as well as the ground realities and not to be stereotype or being feed. Believing the same goal, I started to write and share about subjects as per own perspective and observations to draw the attention of readers to another aspect and side of the picture and to help think out of the box rather being the follower of injected and funded mindset. Though I am no competitor especially with the most seniors and farsighted members here that I am enjoying and learning from the company most, I would love to share my ideas and learning to help boost skills and knowledge of the readers and may help to see things through a view that the few enrolled at media or a mindset wouldn’t tell. For me, to convince someone of my ideas, it would be better to share but not to insist to favor for a win only so if I win or not but I will continue with same zeal and courage with respect of learning, education & help for boosting skills & knowledge.

As per the announcement of contest, my first effort and participation on PDF as follow:-

Growing tension between Iran & Saudia, Middle East, Reasons, Beneficiaries and the Solutions
Since I joined recently, a small effort with respect to learn & share for others, few other articles after the announcement of contest are as follows:-

“The Bitter Truth about Our Friendship” US-Pakistan Relations during Democracy & Dictatorship
Pakistan 1947, the Dilemma of Bureaucracy and Politics
The Root cause of Afghan & Syrian Conflicts (The Sect)
Thanks & kindest regards,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maarkhor replied:

I deserve to be winner because I wrote my article as per previously announced topic "Arab Iran growing tensions and possible solution" in a very short time and becomes the very first person to add my enrty in the write up contest, My article provides the base to other members articles.
More on above check my other articles below which helps you people to announce me A Winner...Even I am here first to post my views as per Slav bro's instruction...Be the first be to become the winner...
:partay:

Arab-Iran growing tensions: Possible solution? (entry for competition)

Others:

Mard-e-momin, Mard-e-Haq and the Zia ul Haq.

The Enemy...
The Attack - Operation MaarKhoor (A short Story). (category:Fiction)
Poster of the Year contest 2016 | Page 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wajsal replied:

Pakistan's Political History- PART 2
Participating for the sake of participation, not looking to win. Just a little competition. Though i would like to be kept in the mix with the rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daneshmand replied:

An 'ontology' of Iran-Saudi "rivalry": From Churchill's snobbish sneeze to Abdullah's fear of snakes

I enjoy writing so more than anything it gave me pleasure to write for PDF.

But other reasons also played to the decision to write, for one at least one person from Iran had to take part in debate since it would have been disrespectful if the PDF management chooses such a topic and then no Iranian writes anything, so I told other Iranians in Iran Chill Thread that I will do it from their side.

Another reason was to clarify the reality of the situation and counter the constant propaganda in media, in which a damaging narrative is being continuously pumped out, in the hope that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuating itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nihonjin replied:

The Division of Power and Influence: The Role of Sunni and Shi’a Islam in the heart of Islamic Middle East

The Division of Power and Influence: The Role of Sunni and Shi’a Islam in the heart of the Crescent

It has been a pleasure for me to do regional development research and to be an active participant in generating new articles here in PDF. I do not wish to win , but take part in research write ups.

The point of my research was to explore the historical relationship of Sunni and Shi'a development and ideological differences, how these differences led to geopolitical calculations in the present a la Saudi and Iranian political machinations. Exploring these nuances enables all of us a better perception of current barriers to integration, and to develop creative solutions to said barriers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neutron replied:

A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Larry Bird

I am here to polish my talent and to improve my skill. It is upto the readers to vote for the one they like the most.
PDF is the excellent community with people from different origins. I want to interact and learn from different communities to create something best for the readers. Thats all.

Arab Iran Stand-off

regards

Last edited:
this shouldn't be a popularity contest, the management should decide after due and fair deliberation.

I thought this was the best of the lot and scored high on substance, wit and delivery.

maybe @Joe Shearer should have a go at grading these.

Last edited:
:argh: Too many good Write-ups to choose from, great competition, kudos to all. Learned a lot from all, especially @PARIKRAMA , very well researched write up. BTW, guys i have made references from books, i had to read these books too-just saying(how can you not vote for that?:o:).
I guess i'll vote more than a couple of times! JK.
file.jpeg

@Icarus ,@Joe Shearer ,@RescueRanger ,@Neutron ,@anant_s ,@Levina and others, better vote for me or else:mad: :lol:.

Last edited:
@The Eagle @WAJsal @Maarkhor @Nihonjin1051 @jhungary @gambit @WebMaster @Horus @Irfan Baloch @fatman17 @Jungibaaz @waz @Arsalan @araz @Atanz @Levina @Akheilos @Neutron

@Neutron please PM the answer immediately before time runs out...

Candidates, kindly tag your supporters to get maximum votes.In case if any participant is missing from the list then kindly inform me immediately so that he is not left behind.

regards
for me (edited)
is a pleasant discovery. posts are well thought and arguments are posted in a civilized manner.
all other choices have my respect as well but the vote goes to (****)

Last edited:
spirit_of_justice_handshake_guy_mage_armor_high_contrast_hd-wallpaper-415864.jpg

Gentlemen,
We are now entering in second and final round of the competition. All respected readers are requested to cast their vote so that best amongst our participant win. Make sure for not to form a 'lobby' to favor any single poster. This means that votes must be given on basis of write up quality and poster's reputation with readers and management rather than his class, race, religion, personal views or nationality

I wish best of luck to candidates of Poster of the year 2016.

Well if you are asking for tagging supporters then the entire idea of this award based on quality work is being KILLED.

BTW what if I like more than one writer based on their work then what?

for me
is a pleasant discovery. posts are well thought and arguments are posted in a civilized manner.
all other choices have my respect as well but the vote goes to
This is not fare......
Vote......
But don't announce your vote...... it can change mind of others who are yet to vote.
@Icarus ,@Joe Shearer ,@RescueRanger ,@Neutron ,@anant_s ,@Levina and others, better vote for me or else:mad:
Dirty politics...... you are threatening them......

"By guns you can win vote, but not hearts"

Now what you want? Hearts? Or votes? :D
@The Eagle @WAJsal @Maarkhor @Nihonjin1051 @jhungary @gambit @WebMaster @Horus @Irfan Baloch @fatman17 @Jungibaaz @waz @Arsalan @araz @Atanz @Levina @Akheilos @Neutron

@Neutron please PM the answer immediately before time runs out...

regards
Plz allow three options.......
One is not enough......

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not fare......
Vote......
But don't announce your vote...... it can change mind of others who are yet to vote.

Dirty politics...... you are threatening them......

"By guns you can win vote, but not hearts"

Now what you want? Hearts? Or votes? :D

Plz allow three options.......
One is not enough......
I thought you were meant to justify your vote?
if I misunderstood then I will delete my post and edit yours too

Back
Top Bottom