What's new

Visit to NUAA

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
China
When I visited NUAA (literally across the street from my grandparents' place) on my three week vacation in China I snapped some pictures of old planes I found across the campus. Thought that you guys might be interested. Take note that I only had my phone with me at the time so the qualities of the photos aren't that great.

72RtyDD.jpg

Old An-24 given as a gift to the school in 97 or 98. I remember playing with the propellers as a kid.

wcOPwZ9.jpg

K4GkilN.jpg

Photos of the old J-5 outside of the on-campus Museum. They took the wings and the engines off. The guns are still there though.

C97VSUh.jpg

Z-8 Helicopter. Must've been a recent addition since it wasn't there when I went back in 08.

lX65OXr.jpg

lX65OXr.jpg

J-8I. Also a recent addition. This plane is in relatively good conditions compared with other aircraft on display since it managed to retain everything except for the engines. Judging from the paint job it might've been used for test flight. A truly rare piece considering that only around 30-50 J-8Is were ever built.

4nFytft.jpg

dhJ0Knk.jpg

One of the Fire-bee reconnaissance drones that crashed in China.

9X2Kxci.jpg

H-5 bomber. One of the oldest displays around. The fuselage is pretty much the only thing left. They really need to clean up the dust/graffiti on this one.

RlNlngZ.jpg

J-7. One of the actual museum displays. Regrettably I couldn't enter the museum since it was sealed off until October. Frankly I've never seen that place open before.

tBL2WeI.jpg

Some turbo-jet engines inside the museum.

When I visited NUAA (literally across the street from my grandparents' place) on my three week vacation in China I snapped some pictures of old planes I found across the campus. Thought that you guys might be interested. Take note that I only had my phone with me at the time so the qualities of the photos aren't that great.

72RtyDD.jpg

Old An-24 given as a gift to the school in 97 or 98. I remember playing with the propellers as a kid.

wcOPwZ9.jpg

K4GkilN.jpg

Photos of the old J-5 outside of the on-campus Museum. They took the wings and the engines off. The guns are still there though.

C97VSUh.jpg

Z-8 Helicopter. Must've been a recent addition since it wasn't there when I went back in 08.

lX65OXr.jpg

lX65OXr.jpg

J-8I. Also a recent addition. This plane is in relatively good conditions compared with other aircraft on display since it managed to retain everything except for the engines. Judging from the paint job it might've been used for test flight. A truly rare piece considering that only around 30-50 J-8Is were ever built.

4nFytft.jpg

dhJ0Knk.jpg

One of the Fire-bee reconnaissance drones that crashed in China.

9X2Kxci.jpg

H-5 bomber. One of the oldest displays around. The fuselage is pretty much the only thing left. They really need to clean up the dust/graffiti on this one.

RlNlngZ.jpg

J-7. One of the actual museum displays. Regrettably I couldn't enter the museum since it was sealed off until October. Frankly I've never seen that place open before.

tBL2WeI.jpg

Some turbo-jet engines inside the museum.

Haven't seen u in a long time, are u busy ??

Back
Top Bottom