What's new

Visas issued to 81 Hindu pilgrims to visit shrines in Pakistan

Hindus temple on Astola island :p: I'm sure hindus live in the near by areas :) that's good :)
15110989_1778271859087867_7024276304419977087_o.jpg

15129536_1778271665754553_1159056263822619151_o.jpg

Those aren't maintained bcz there are no hindus to visit their Mandirs & repair it & that's why local govt doesn't pay any attention to these sites..If hindus are living in kpk,punjab then they aren't in big numbers to maintain or look after all Mandirs..in sindh a big number Hindus lives there especially in Thar & karachi so I'm sure they visit different Mandirs in the province & maintain it on their own...in Punjab there maybe some hindus living there but not sure about kpk or Balochistan :) last time heard that kpk provincial govt under pti is repairing & restoring them & few places were restored & Buddhist were invited from Japan & few other countries to visit these sites !! Don't know what happened after that !!

For keeping historical sites in good health you do not need a large population of a a certain faith .

Pakistan has failed to protect these sites

For keeping historical sites in good health you do not need a large population of a a certain faith .

Pakistan has failed to protect these sites

Pakistan has lot of other problems to deal with than saving some abandoned temples while look at what they did to the Babri Masjid. So we do not want to spend our tax money on that while people die of hunger in Thar and patients do not get medicine in the hospitals...we should rather consult islamic scholars what they have to say about it

Pakistan has lot of other problems to deal with than saving some abandoned temples while look at what they did to the Babri Masjid. So we do not want to spend our tax money on that while people die of hunger in Thar and patients do not get medicine in the hospitals...we should rather consult islamic scholars what they have to say about it

What they did to Babri Mosque is not our headache that is their headache. India can afford destroying all Islamic historical sites because India has many own Hindu historical sites to keep up the tourism as well as attraction. Pakistan cannot afford to let such sites destroyed in our own land.

And our tax money was never spent on our historical heritage in Pakistan.

What they did to Babri Mosque is not our headache that is their headache. India can afford destroying all Islamic historical sites because India has many own Hindu historical sites to keep up the tourism as well as attraction. Pakistan cannot afford to let such sites destroyed in our own land.

And our tax money was never spent on our historical heritage in Pakistan.
Why are you giving them a free-hand?
while restraining Pakistan?
why are you lying about the tax money?

@GreenFalcon
@Doordie

Last edited:
These foreign hindus at least have arrangements made for them. I have never heard of similar treatment or any program specifically for Pakistani hindus. While government reserves funds for hajis going to hajj there are no similar funds for local hindus going to Yatra. This is in itself discriminatory and even hindu temples are lying in disrepair while other temples have been taken over by land mafia. There is much we need to do to make hindus at home feel secure. The secular system if implemented and an elimination of the blasphemy law and a strong implemented law against forced marriages and conversion will also help.

Why are you giving them a free-hand?
while restraining Pakistan?
why are you lying about the tax money?

Nice to see your true face
wow so the cat finally walks of the bag...great

@GreenFalcon
@Doordie
Said member is not Indian and is merely expressing herself under the premises of free speech. You do not have to agree with her neither do I. Those victims of Babri deserve Pakistan's help because Pakistan was made for oppressed people of the subcontinent, specially muslims.

God help them. :angel:

while look at what they did to the Babri Masjid.
Guess the number of Hindu and Buddhist temples (yup Buddhist as well) for the destruction of Babri structure. :D

Pick a number. Take Pakistan for example. How many?

God help them. :angel:

Guess the number of Hindu and Buddhist temples (yup Buddhist as well) for the destruction of Babri structure. :D

Pick a number. Take Pakistan for example. How many?
Although I know there are biases prevalent in Pakistan it is also true that the movement of Hindus from Pakistan to Indian occupied parts in 47-52 (I have always said partition was incomplete as all muslims like me and all hindus had not moved by 47. My own mother moved more recently from Lucknow) obviously means that as time progressed there would be too many temples and too few Hindu brothers present locally visiting them. Therefore the temples, one by one fell into disrepair and later were destroyed and passed into the hands of land mafia or other groups. Those temples are barely visited and do not have a hindu population to sustain them. Hindus however through the panchayat tried to protect these temples and ensure their survival.

These foreign hindus at least have arrangements made for them. I have never heard of similar treatment or any program specifically for Pakistani hindus. While government reserves funds for hajis going to hajj there are no similar funds for local hindus going to Yatra. This is in itself discriminatory and even hindu temples are lying in disrepair while other temples have been taken over by land mafia. There is much we need to do to make hindus at home feel secure. The secular system if implemented and an elimination of the blasphemy law and a strong implemented law against forced marriages and conversion will also help.

Said member is not Indian and is merely expressing herself under the premises of free speech. You do not have to agree with her neither do I. Those victims of Babri deserve Pakistan's help because Pakistan was made for oppressed people of the subcontinent, specially muslims.
Sir perhaps you are saying the same stuff as she did but in a much different tone and I tend to agree with you and share your opinion but they way she dismissed the rights of Indian Muslims and their persecution as if they did not matter to us... and then going full blast on after Pakistan for not taking care of some abandoned and desolate hindu temples is really disgusting and despicable.

While I stand for the rights of religious minorities in Pakistan and their freedom to worship...but that does not extend to some desolate and abandon temples in far flung areas. We don't have that kind of resources or will. We already have plenty of other issues. If hindus want to restore them, they are free to do that but on their own resources.

Pakistan has 97% muslim majority and the largest minority is the Christians and Pakistan never claimed to be secular state..it was and is an islamic republic. Furthermore, no where in the west govts take care of any masjid..it is the responsibility of the muslim communities while most western govts support churches officially despite the so called separation of the state and the church because they are in majoirty. Prove me wrong but with evidence

Govt does not pay for hajjis, rather they (hajis) pay hefty amounts (sometimes their savings of the life time) to perform hajj and Omra so I would like to see a reference and furthermore, govt gets a lot of money in zakar and ushr which is used for taking care of some old masjids of historical importance.

No sir, Pakistan is 97% Muslim country and there is no need for secularism and the people who have a problem with it are free to live here or move out. Those laws can be amended for any loophole but within the framework of Islamic jurisprudence. By the way, most of the so called secular states have blasphemy laws, in some countries you can't talk against holocaust, in some you can't say anything rude against their king / queen.

By the way, i didn't call her an Indian...sorry wrong judgement on your part sir

Last edited:
Sir perhaps you are saying the same stuff as she did but in a much different tone and I tend to agree with you and share your opinion but they way she dismissed the rights of Indian Muslims and their persecution as if they did not matter to us... and then going full blast on after Pakistan for not taking care of some abandoned and desolate hindu temples is really is disgusting and despicable way.

While I stand for the rights of religious minorities in Pakistan and their freedom to worship...but that does not extend to some desolate and abandon temples in far flung areas. We don't have that kind of resources or will. We already have plenty of other issues. Pakistan has 97% muslim majority and the largest minority is the Christians and Pakistan never claimed to be secular state..it was and is an islamic republic. Furthermore, no where in the west govts of Europe take care of any masjid..it is the responsibility of the muslim communities here to take of the mosque while most western govts support churches officially despite the so called separation of the state and the church. Prove me wrong but with evidence

Govt does not pay for hajjis, rather they (hajis) pay hefty amounts (sometimes their savings of the life time) to perform hajj and Omra so I would like to see a reference.

No sir, Pakistan is 97% Muslim country and there is no need for secularism and the people who have a problem with it are free to move out of it.
By the way, i didn't call her an Indian...sorry wrong judgement on your part sir
Thats the beauty of debate. It makes us aware that another perspective exists. I have nothing against you or spring onion. I agree that Pakistani society is not even on the verge of adopting secularism as a system but atleast we are having that discussion. That is the great thing about this site. We are the inheritors of Pakistan and we continue to find and advocate ways of running it better. We all at least can agree that we want the best for Pakistan and in that it is our responsibility to find a system that specifically benefits us. Keep posting.

I can understand Sikhs visiting Pakistan why on earth are Hindus going there?

Thats the beauty of debate. It makes us aware that another perspective exists. I have nothing against you or spring onion. I agree that Pakistani society is not even on the verge of adopting secularism as a system but atleast we are having that discussion. That is the great thing about this site. We are the inheritors of Pakistan and we continue to find and advocate ways of running it better. We all at least can agree that we want the best for Pakistan and in that it is our responsibility to find a system that specifically benefits us. Keep posting.

Yes sir, in that we are all together. i'm not against liberals.
But only the ones who employ double standards..they blame PA for human rights violations in Balochistan but they stay silent on Kashmir or even say something totally against the national stance on Kashmir.

We are fighting extremists and terrorists who use the name of Islam but that does not mean we swing to another extreme..i.e. secularism and in fact, that will benefit the religious extremists as they will have a very strong reason and people will rally behind them.

Solution is not that we make education secular even for Muslim students (97%)...I mean even if we go by the principle of democracy then majority has the right to the govt..right?

Why madrassas are so popular because our govt has failed to address the lack of schools and religious education. If good religious education is made available to the people in govt schools, people won't send their children to the madrassa.

Furthermore, govt of Pakistan should take all sects into confidence and appoint Imam's at the central mosques in all the cities and make guidelines for all the imams to follow about Islamic teachings and hence their speeches. It is challenging but doable.

Right now the Muslim majority feels alienated by the govt and any attempt to force secularism on this overwhelming majority will remove the last straw in the way of a bloody revolution and then this whole system will be thrown into Indian Ocean and it may get replaced with some very strict system with no freedom of speech as we have today. So i would rather caution our friends who want to forge ahead with their secular agenda. There are ways around. We should rather work with majority rather than against the majority.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom