GreenFalcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Visas issued to 81 Hindu pilgrims to visit shrines in Pakistan
PTI
Published Nov 22, 2016, 8:11 am IST
Updated Nov 22, 2016, 8:15 am IST
As per protocol, such visits from one country to the other shall be allowed without discrimination as to religion or sect.
dc-Cover-n9nckt31f3k4db5no5i8ocr7c5-20161105024229.Medi.jpeg

Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi (Photo: AP/File)
New Delhi: Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi has issued visas to 81 Hindu pilgrims to visit shrines in Pakistan for the 308th birthday celebrations of Shiv Avtari Satguru Sant Shadaram Saheb.

In line with Pakistan's efforts to encourage people to people contacts and promote religious tourism, the High Commission has issued visas to pilgrims under the 1974 bilateral protocol, said Manzoor Ali Memon, Counsellor (Press) in the Pakistan mission.

Taking "note of the sentiments and devotion of the various communities in the two countries for the historic and sacred shrines in the other", India and Pakistan have agreed on a set of principles for facilitating visits to such shrines.

As per the protocol, such visits from one country to the other shall be allowed without discrimination as to religion or sect and every effort should continue to be made to ensure that places of religious worship mentioned in the agreed list are properly maintained and their sanctity preserved.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...du-pilgrims-to-visit-shrines-in-pakistan.html

These holy places are last hope for people to people contact lol.

Visas issued to 81 Hindu pilgrims to visit shrines in Pakistan
PTI
Published Nov 22, 2016, 8:11 am IST
Updated Nov 22, 2016, 8:15 am IST
As per protocol, such visits from one country to the other shall be allowed without discrimination as to religion or sect.
dc-Cover-n9nckt31f3k4db5no5i8ocr7c5-20161105024229.Medi.jpeg

Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi (Photo: AP/File)
New Delhi: Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi has issued visas to 81 Hindu pilgrims to visit shrines in Pakistan for the 308th birthday celebrations of Shiv Avtari Satguru Sant Shadaram Saheb.

In line with Pakistan's efforts to encourage people to people contacts and promote religious tourism, the High Commission has issued visas to pilgrims under the 1974 bilateral protocol, said Manzoor Ali Memon, Counsellor (Press) in the Pakistan mission.

Taking "note of the sentiments and devotion of the various communities in the two countries for the historic and sacred shrines in the other", India and Pakistan have agreed on a set of principles for facilitating visits to such shrines.

As per the protocol, such visits from one country to the other shall be allowed without discrimination as to religion or sect and every effort should continue to be made to ensure that places of religious worship mentioned in the agreed list are properly maintained and their sanctity preserved.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...du-pilgrims-to-visit-shrines-in-pakistan.html

Haven't seen that luxury in some other two countries in war? The way this visa services working is like giving bus ticket. special thanks to Good For Nothing Govt.

I wish time comes when we both nations could easily come and enjoy together any ceremonies .

Do you remember when yoisaf raza gillani went to india for his any old saint gilanis shrine , he saw hate and prejudice from hindus . Indians came on streets protesting and were telling him to ho back to pakistan.

Well, here's the difference between indians and pakistanis , we've hospitality for everyone while you lack this for specific nations and then you wonder why we asked for another state .

which shrines?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinglaj_Mata

Hindu Shrines
  • Temple of Hinglaj, Lasbela
  • Chander Coops, Lasbela

Mandirs

15123019_1778257169089336_2668986483440128488_o.jpg

Balochistan

Islamabad Capital Territory

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

• Shiva Temple and Dusehra House (old)-
  • Kali Mandir - Dera Ismail Khan (being used as a hotel)
  • Shiva Temple (ancient)- Mansehra, Chitti Gatti/Gandhian location (in use)
  • Shiva Temple (former, now a public library)--
  • Bareri Mata/Durga Temple and Shrine, on Bareri hill--Mansehra (no longer in regular use,location sometimes visited by pilgrims and tourists)
  • Laxmi Narain Mandir - Mardan
  • Shiv Mandir - Nowshera
Punjab

Sindh

Last edited:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinglaj_Mata

Hindu Shrines

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

• Shiva Temple and Dusehra House (old)-
  • Kali Mandir - Dera Ismail Khan (being used as a hotel)
  • Shiva Temple (ancient)- Mansehra, Chitti Gatti/Gandhian location (in use)
  • Shiva Temple (former, now a public library)--
  • Bareri Mata/Durga Temple and Shrine, on Bareri hill--Mansehra (no longer in regular use,location sometimes visited by pilgrims and tourists)
  • Laxmi Narain Mandir - Mardan
  • Shiv Mandir - Nowshera
Punjab

I deleted the ones I do not know much about I am honestly unable to understand if those you have pasted from wikipedia do exist or not. But I know about those Mandirs in PESHAWAR. Few I have visited.

Unfortunately these are kept poorly. The ones in Peshawar have historical values and background and how I wish if we can preserve these through International assistance with expertise from abroad.

As far Punjab I visited Katasraj temple and it is one of the historical Hindu sites but again it needs urgent attention.

I wonder why these guys want to go here,god help them.

I deleted the ones I do not know much about I am honestly unable to understand if those you have pasted from wikipedia do exist or not. But I know about those Mandirs in PESHAWAR. Few I have visited.

Unfortunately these are kept poorly. The ones in Peshawar have historical values and background and how I wish if we can preserve these through International assistance with expertise from abroad.

As far Punjab I visited Katasraj temple and it is one of the historical Hindu sites but again it needs urgent attention.
Those aren't maintained bcz there are no hindus to visit their Mandirs & repair it & that's why local govt doesn't pay any attention to these sites..If hindus are living in kpk,punjab then they aren't in big numbers to maintain or look after all Mandirs..in sindh a big number Hindus lives there especially in Thar & karachi so I'm sure they visit different Mandirs in the province & maintain it on their own...in Punjab there maybe some hindus living there but not sure about kpk or Balochistan :) last time heard that kpk provincial govt under pti is repairing & restoring them & few places were restored & Buddhist were invited from Japan & few other countries to visit these sites !! Don't know what happened after that !!

Yeah,i hope they don't miss out on kamran akmal and rashid latif

Under current security threats, we should not allow influx of RAW agents into Pakistan at all...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom