What's new

Violent clashes erupts in Indian Punjab, many feared dead, News and updates thread.

Haryana violence death toll goes up to 32 with two more casualties in Sirsa

Panchkula-flag-marchjpg

Army in talks with followers to evacuate Dera’s Sirsa headquarters; Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar summoned to Delhi
Sirsa/Panchkula - In the mayhem that followed the conviction of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh for rape by a CBI special court on August 25, 32 people were killed and 248 injured in Panchkula and Sirsa, even as violence rocked other parts of Haryana as the sect supporters went on the rampage. Twenty-eight people were killed in Panchkula, the epicentre of the violence, and four in Sirsa.

A PTI report at 4 p.m., quoting Civil Hospital doctors, said two more deaths were reported on August 26, taking the death toll to four.

Court seeks list of Dera Sacha Sauda's assets
The Punjab and Haryana High Court, directed the deputy commissioners in Haryana and Punjab to identify the assets and properties of Dera Sacha Sauda and submit a list before it, as an interim measure. The list should include assets, incomes, bank accounts, and properties.

However, till then no properties of Dera Sacha Sauda shall be sold, transferred, alienated or encumbered in any manner, the court ordered.

Haryana government report on violence
Baldev Raj Mahajan, Haryana’s Advocate General, made the following submission before the Punjab and Haryana High Court on the post-verdict violence.

1. 32 casualties in Haryana, out of which 28 in Panchkula. Out of 28 dead, only one person identified so far.
  2. 524 arrests have been made; 24 vehicles seized; five pistols with 79 rounds, two rifles with 52 rounds have been recovered.
  3. Iron rods, dandas (sticks), hockey sticks and 10 petrol bombs also recovered
  4. Eight FIRs registered in Panchkuala alone.
The High Court has asked the State government to submit "reports of interception of the messages given by the Dera Sacha Sauda inciting violence."

Judge to be flown to jail
The CBI judge will be be flown to jail in Rohtak, where Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh is lodged, to pronounce quantum of sentence in rape case against the Dera chief.

The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Saturday ordered the Haryana administration to make arrangements to take CBI judge Jagdeep Singh and two of his staff members to the district jail by air. The sentencing will be pronounced on August 28.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...est-updates/article19564253.ece?homepage=true
This is the sacred sacrifice for the Rapistan.

Man stop spinning fantasy to shore up your prejudice.

Can you provide any news link or proof for such a claim ?

Tell me something; how do these godmen holy men or whatever they are, have so much luxury?

What spirituality are they teaching when they indulge themselves in the acts that they are doing?

I am not saying that ALL are bad; but majority of these guys don't have good intentions. Very very few of them have any good intentions and don't abuse their collective social power.

Singing patriotic songs doesn't absolve anyone of the crimes that they have committed.

This is applicable for godmen from all cultures or religions that reside in the country.

Tell me something; how do these godmen holy men or whatever they are, have so much luxury?

What spirituality are they teaching when they indulge themselves in the acts that they are doing?

I am not saying that ALL are bad; but majority of these guys don't have good intentions. Very very few of them have any good intentions and don't abuse their collective social power.

Singing patriotic songs doesn't absolve anyone of the crimes that they have committed.

This is applicable for godmen from all cultures or religions that reside in the country.

I am not going to sit on moral judgement on him.

Courts have found him guilty of rape and for that he will go to Jail. But that does not mean that we discount all the good he has done.

The Dera Sacha Sauda has been involved in public service activities such as large-scale blood donation camps and Drug rehabilitation centres.

In fact the Dera does not accept donation of any kind, but its followers contribute 1 Rs. daily from their earnings to the Dera for doing social service.

Singing patriotic songs does not make him guilty of money laundering either.

I am not going to sit on moral judgement on him.

Courts have found him guilty of rape and for that he will go to Jail. But that does not mean that we discount all the good he has done.

The Dera Sacha Sauda has been involved in public service activities such as large-scale blood donation camps and Drug rehabilitation centres.

In fact the Dera does not accept donation of any kind, but its followers contribute 1 Rs. daily from their earnings to the Dera for doing social service.

Singing patriotic songs does not make him guilty of money laundering either.

Indeed. I never said he does that specifically. I said that these religious fronts are the best way to launder money using 'trust funds' and other 'charitable' institutions.

He may have done good things but they get washed away when one is not able to digest their respect and success.

What his followers did was an act of war against the nation. The police and rapid action force did an AMAZING work shooting over two dozen of them dead.

That is how violent riots should be dealt with regardless of whatever community is doing it. My dismay is that how Azad Maidan terrorists were not dealt with like this.

Constitution of India grants rights to protest PEACEFULLY.

Not cause mayhem, kill innocent people and destroy public property.

Indeed. I never said he does that specifically. I said that these religious fronts are the best way to launder money using 'trust funds' and other 'charitable' institutions.

He may have done good things but they get washed away when one is not able to digest their respect and success.

What his followers did was an act of war against the nation. The police and rapid action force did an AMAZING work shooting over two dozen of them dead.

That is how violent riots should be dealt with regardless of whatever community is doing it. My dismay is that how Azad Maidan terrorists were not dealt with like this.

Constitution of India grants rights to protest PEACEFULLY.

Not cause mayhem, kill innocent people and destroy public property.

I can quite frankly understand their anger.

This case was based on anonymous letters from supposed rape victim who claimed to have been raped for 3 years.

How is that possible unless that person is chained up somewhere ? If she was allowed to walk out and she continued to stay with him, then the s-e-x is consensual. Especially if she is an adult.

She has said that she was threatened, but do all girls threatened to have s-e-x comply with the threat ? Aren't adult responsible for their own action ? including women who continue to have s-e-x with the "rapist" and continued to stay in his ashram even though she claims to be and educated woman ?

The courts have found him guilty, but I would like to know the facts of the case myself.

Assaram Bapu was sent to jail without Bail even when the Medical examination of the supposed rape victim found no evidence of rape. He is still in Jail and has been in jail for the last 2 years even though he is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. SC has said Bail is the rule and not the exception, but somehow it does not apply to Hindu gurus.

i am sorry if i didn't express myself correctly... i am not defend that rapist moron nor have any sympathy for him neither for those who defending him or taking law in their own hand, but i jumped in because in every 2nd comment people were saying his followers are low cast n they were this in such a way it looks to me like low cast don't matter to anyone, at least we should respect them as a human thats all i am saying

And I say that I agree with you totally; the only reason to identify them differently would be to fight for their rights, and correct the wrongs of two millennia (counting from the turn of the millennium).

Violent clashes erupts in Indian Punjab, many feared dead, News and updates thread.

17 dead, scores injured in mob violence after court convicts Dera chief in rape case: Key facts

Panchkula in Haryana was the worst hit where the Dera chief's supporters, who had gathered outside the court premises, went on a rampage after the verdict.

619568-panchkula-violence.jpg

New Delhi: At least 17 people were killed and more than 200 were injured as spiralling violence continued in Haryana's Panchkula city after a CBI court on Friday convicted Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh in a 2002 rape case.

The quantum of the sentence will be pronounced on August 28.

Panchkula was the worst hit where the Dera chief's supporters, who had gathered outside the court premises, went on a rampage after the verdict. Curfew has been imposed in various places, including Panchkula, Bathinda, Ferozepur and Mansa.
Here are the 10 latest developments after the court verdict:

1. Two empty rakes of the Rewa Express were torched in Delhi's Anand Vihar railway station as the spiralling violence spread to the NCR region. Earlier, the Malout Railway Station and a petrol pump in Punjab were set on fire by protesters.

2. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Khattar has briefed Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on the prevailing situation, which is being monitored closely. Khattar said strict action will be taken against those trying to disrupt peace.

3. Army columns moved in Haryana's Sirsa for quick reaction, as violent protests continue.

4. To maintain law and order, 10 BSF companies, CRPF personnel and around 57,000 police officials are on duty in the affected states. The Army is also on standby.

5. In light of widespread property damage, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has ordered attachment of Dera Sacha Sauda properties so that the money retrieved can be used to compensate victims.

6. Police opened baton charge and fired tear gas shells and water canons on the Dera supporters in Panchkula after they attacked media persons and vandalised media vans. Live bullets were also fired in the air to disperse crowds.

7. The rape case against Ram Rahim dates back to 2002. Two women followers of Ram Rahim sent anonymous letters to then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, accusing the Dera chief of raping them and other sadhvis in his sprawling Dera campus.

8. Following the letter, a case was registered by the CBI against the self-styled godman after allegations of sexual exploitation of the sadhvis.

9. During the probe, the CBI questioned the sadhvis who had left the Dera. The sadhvis reportedly made shocking allegations against Ram Rahim and two of them accused him of having raped them on account of ‘purity’.

10. The hearing in the case has been on since 2007 when the CBI filed a chargesheet against the Dera chief.

11. The Dera chief also faces trial in another case involving the murder of a journalist, Ram Chander Chhatrapati and his follower Ranjit Singh in 2002.

Zee news
This is the danger of religion and India has tonnes of self enlightened gurus. Each one a ticking time bomb.

no one knows how Krishna looks, though they speculate he is black (not white) according to the internationally famous Krishna cult guru women like to be raped ( Ram Rahim Singh could have used this in his defense )

http://secretsoftheharekrishnasexposed.blogspot.my/2011/09/his-views-promoting-idea-that-women.html
Krishna cannot be black. Indians would not worship him if that's the case.

Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh convicted LIVE updates: High level meeting begins at Rajnath Singh’s residence
Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh conviction live updates: Home Minister Rajnath Singh has called for an emergency meeting of top officials at his residence in New Delhi to review the security situation.

ram-rahim-7594.jpg

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...lence-manohar-lal-khattar-death-toll-4814080/
Modi targeted this innocent Sikh because he's got influence. Millions of rapist only get a slap on the wrist for rape. This guy was just alleged he raped a girl. Indian Justice my ***.

You reap what you sow. Intolerance at its peak in Indian society. From rape to killings. It is a common theme in India.

Assaram Bapu was sent to jail without Bail even when the Medical examination of the supposed rape victim found no evidence of rape. He is still in Jail and has been in jail for the last 2 years even though he is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. SC has said Bail is the rule and not the exception, but somehow it does not apply to Hindu gurus.

Contrast that with how a Shahi Imam is still roaming around freely even after a Non Bailable warrant issued against him?
The duplicity of Indian secularism is appalling.
Dera followers do violence - 30 are killed and not a peep from any secular.
Muslims violence on soldiers in Kashmir - even if pellet guns are used, award Wapasi.
Muslim violence on Hindus in Bengal - not a peep from the seculars.
Shahi Imam has NB warrant - no arrest, not a peep from seculars.
Tarun Tejpal Rapist - fully supported by Lutyens Gang
Shahi Tharoor killed his wife - not a whimper from any secular.

Back
Top Bottom