What's new

Vietnamese conquest of Muslim/Hindu Cham and their current situation

All i would say that whatever Hindus or Muslims are left in Vietnam should integrate into Vietnamese society , rather than trying to create a new identity for themselves .

By 1832 the Cham had not raided anyone for hundreds of years. Emperor Minh Mang's annexation of Champa was purely motivated by taking the last remnant of their territory.

The Cambodian King Chey Chettha II gave the Mekong Delta (including Saigon aka Ho Chi Minh city) to the Vietnamese in exchange for marriage to the Vietnamese Princess Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Vạn.

The Cham King King Jaya Sinhavarman III gave two province two Vietnam in exchange for the Vietnamese Princess Huyen Tran.

Its just a case of men being dumb. Vietnam didn't do anything spectacular to win the Mekong Delta.

Wow, all or some piece of Vietnamese women eh? Perhaps Vietnamese girls are really worth at much eh? I've never dated a Viet girl before. Maybe I should try...

Wow, all or some piece of Vietnamese women eh? Perhaps Vietnamese girls are really worth at much eh? I've never dated a Viet girl before. Maybe I should try...

May be you should... your elder tried it and know how beautiful and fearful that they are ... :P

A very interesting thread I shall say. A huge slap to those so-called "peace defender" who actually know nothing but yelling and spreading nonsenses, rumors such as independence of Manchu and Tibet, also rudely define other people's identity such as creating the stupid "true Han" theory.

I'm so happy.
one word about the Han´s: it sounds weird to you, but in Vietnamese view, only the Han´s are "Chinese", the rest are slaves.

I dont even know why India is brought up. Especially people talking about Vietnam and India going to war. Both have good relations.
pls ignore the trollers. Champa was not an Indian state, nor ally. In 1470, the Chams even converted from Hinduism to Islam.

It is like Vietnam is influenced by China, but Vietnam is not a part of China.

Sad that Islam is destroying all the Civilization. I think UN must BAN ISLAMIST and TERRORIST. They must Live in peace or Perish . All Nation should join hand to destroy all Islamist

one word about the Han´s: it sounds weird to you, but in Vietnamese view, only the Han´s are "Chinese", the rest are slaves.

Then Vietnam has 53 slave ethnic groups according to the same logic. And only Kinh are "Vietnamese".

By 1470, the Chams had converted from Hinduism to Islam. That was the last provocation, they did before they were wiped off the map. If their children wanted to complain, than they should go go to China. They were encouraged by false hope, that China would intervene in case of Vietnam invasion.

The problem was, before the Chinese (the Ming Dynasty) could react, it was too late for the Chams. They paid a price for aggression against Vietnam.

No, Vietnam was being racist against the Cham.

Blood and Soil: A World History of Genocide and Extermination from Sparta to ... - Ben Kiernan - Google Books

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom