What's new

Vietnam signs 25-year oil deal with Russia

My mind is limited in Asian .

I wish China and Inida are not neighbor .

That will save a lot of saliva.
India is an Asian country, isn't it?

Don't be too greedy (greedy mouth dropping saliva). You already robbed some of their land.

India is an Asian country, isn't it?

Don't be too greedy (greedy mouth dropping saliva). You already robbed some of their land.
I never treat India as Asian country , India is far away from most of the Asian countries.

About we rob India land, that is your opinion.

Business as usual. We buy oil, weapons, nuke reactors from the Russian. Hopefully, we will buy Russian nuclear suitcases as well.

Business as usual. We buy oil, weapons, nuke reactors from the Russian. Hopefully, we will buy Russian nuclear suitcases as well.
Same with China, business as usual. Building infrastructures, drilling off Xisha islands, building submarines.

The Dung Quat oil refinery refines 51.1 million barrels of crude a year. Let's say each barrel is $100 usd; that's $5.11 billion usd of crude oil a year x 25 years = $127.7 billion usd. There you have it, this deal is worth $127.7 billion usd over 25 years.

We need not please US but you vietnam need to polish the boot of US to survive. China job is to piss US. Do you have a brain in the first place when u type those words? :lol:
You need the U.S to survive and that's a harsh fact for you chinaman to swallow. The U.S provides you with $300 billion of annual trade surplus. Without the U.S market, china economy will collapse as it losses $300 billion of annual trade surplus.

Last edited:
You really have a hard mouth .

Just few days ago, you said US and Japan will help you ,you three are good allies.

Now obama tries his best to contain RU, but you buy oil from RU.You think Sam will be happy with that ?

We do business with both RU and USA because we do not ally with anyone .

And we do not care US or RU angry with us or not.

But you , try to stand between two stairs, such kind of people do not have a good end.
Remember how you and your Viet fellow accuse us for betray you Viet ?
Opps, Chinese logic always so strange, they want play with every side to achieve their goal, but when VN do the same, some Chinese jump up and down like mad monkey.
We want to have good relationship with both Russia and USA, even China, Is that wrong !?
Look at Israel and Turkey, they're NATO member and US close ally, but they buy weapon, and sell weapon with China.

So what's wrong !?

LOL, I think we know why did China attack VN back in 1979, because we don't hear them to against Russia, we want have good relationship with Russia and USA like they are. PRC govt mind was full with grisly, selfish things, want to swallow us.

Opps, Chinese logic always so strange, they want play with every side to achieve their goal, but when VN do the same, some Chinese jump up and down like mad monkey.
We want to have good relationship with both Russia and USA, even China, Is that wrong !?
Look at Israel and Turkey, they're NATO member and US close ally, but they buy weapon, and sell weapon with China.

So what's wrong !?

Of course you are not wrong to keep good relationship with both RU and US even China.

I do not attend to say bad words about that , my point is when China wanted to keep good relation ship with US, you accuse us for betray Viet.

LOL, I think we know why did China attack VN back in 1979, because we don't hear them to against Russia, we want have good relationship with Russia and USA like they are. PRC govt mind was full with grisly, selfish things, want to swallow us.

Wow another new story .

We asked you to attack Soviet Union ?

Are you or us out of mind ?

Viet use what to attack Soviet Union ?

Ak47 , sam ?

Viet did not have the ability to attack Soviet Union at that time even today only US has such ability.

This story is really full of loopholes, make another reasonable story to accuse us.

Wow another new story .

We asked you to attack Soviet Union ?

Are you or us out of mind ?

Viet use what to attack Soviet Union ?

Ak47 , sam ?

Viet did not have the ability to attack Soviet Union at that time even today only US has such ability.

This story is really full of loopholes, make another reasonable story to accuse us.
LOL, buddy, "against" an "attack" are different term, Did you understand !?

When China - Soviet relationship began being bad in 1965-1969, PRC want Vietnam turn her back and cut off relationship with Soviet, but we're not stupid 'cause we saw how selfish you're when PRC made Vietnam govt has to accept borderline between two side at 17th Parallel. Then, PRC said and made us stop revolution in southern part of Vietnam because they feared to involve in another "Korea war".

So we knew, when they want to against mighty Soviet, they will shake hand with America, and if we go with them, we will become their pawn to exchange with USA.

And we're right, after Nixon met Deng Xiaoping, USA bomb North Vietnam like mad, and they're just accepted sign on 1972 Treaty after we defeat them with Soviet weapons.

Righ after USA declared stop their intervention in Vietnam, PRC attacked and robbed Paracel Islands by force from Republic of Vietnam, and USA was not protest at all.

This is a good news for Russia and Vietnam. Look like the western sanction on Russia is getting more meaningless every day.

Hey Viet, are there more information regarding the deal? Like how much Vietnam is paying, who will be transporting the oil, etc? I can't seem to find any other sources on google that gives more information.
Not much info is disclosed, neither the price nor the terms of the contract.

All we know is, Russia will begin to deliver 6m tons of oil annually. the contract starts this year and runs for 25 years. the oil runs through the existing pipe line to the Kozmino terminal, near the port city of Nakhodka in Russia’s far east. Most likely Vietnamese tankships will transport the oil to our Oil Refinery.

Russia is keen to sell oil from the new discovered fields in east Siberia. China, Vietnam are among of the customers. Japan can be the next one.

That is not unusual that not much info is disclosed. Vietnam and Russia have signed many contracts, be civil or military nature, with little information giving to the public.

7d4318c2-f318-11de-a888-00144feab49a.img

Well, well. I dont think this is a good move by Vietnam, especially at this moment in time when they have issues with China. As i said before, Vietnam thinks it can play our governments against both China and Russia. Its trying to do the same thing as India. what both Vietnam and India dont understand is that our governments in the west/U.S are very shrewed in forein policy and have been playing geopolitics for decades, so they arent dumb not to notice Duplicity. Vietnam keeps crying for the west/U.S support but at the same time it still wants to keep its ally Russia, it doesnt work that way. I understand Vietnam is a communist authoritarian regime like its northern neighbour and has been allies with the Soviet Union against the U.S/west during the cold war, which makes it difficult for it to abandon its longtime patron/master Russia.

But i think Vietnam should be more realitstic, Only the U.S can support it in any conflict against China. Russia didn't even intervene(despite promising to support the country if attacked at the time) when China last invaded them in the late 70s, what makes Vietnam think it can rely on Russia today who is much more closer to china than it has ever been? Russia relationship with China now runs quite deep and they both have similar world interests/views of challenging the west and displacing the U.S influence in their respective zone of influence(Eastern Europe and Asia respectively), So if Vietnam is serious about claiming support from the U.S/west against China , then it has to make sacrifices, you cant expect to go against issues concerning the west/U.S core interests with Russia and trying to get support from U.S/west when you are threatened by China. Doing so will only make you isolated as no country will trust you at the end. Playing both sides is good, but not when you are in serious difficulties/conflict, then you will find out that you will be alone facing a foreign threat in which case China.:agree:

In this regard i think Vietnam should follow Philippines and japan example and ally with the U.S , this is the best guarantee/option for her, since this will help form a Japan-U.S-Vietnam alliance. Russia is an old declining power who doesnt have any interests of challenging China for little Vietnam. The stakes are too high for it.:agree: Im sure Japan and the U,S can support vietnam in the SCS issue, Russia wouldn't. so i think Vietnam should be wise and choose the right side, in the past it made many wrong decisions which cost it alot, from which its still trying to recover to this day.
I will ask this question again: which country does Vietnam think will support it against China? is it Russia or the U.S?:usflag:
make your choice.:-)
Russia is weakened by Western economics and politics sanctions due to Crimea annexion. Putin relies on China money and relation. You see they stay neutral and don´t support Vietnam in the actual encounter with the Chinese. No, they are no help. However, thing can change, should it come to a confrontation. I don´t think Russia will stay neutral if China continues its aggressive course or in worst case, rages a war against Vietnam.

as for America and Japan, there are a lot of activities recently. But it is too early at this point to tell which direction the thing goes. I believe the Vietnam government will make a decision soon.

Last edited:
Russia is weakened by Western economics and politics sanctions due to Crimea annexion. Putin relies on China money and relation. You see they stay neutral and don´t support Vietnam in the actual encounter with the Chinese. No, they are no help. However, thing can change, should it come to a confrontation. I don´t think Russia will stay neutral if China continues its aggressive course or in worst case, rages a war against Vietnam.

as for America and Japan, there are a lot of activities recently. But it is too early at this point.
in a word , you r too sick to deal with China!
you viets beg help from everywhere ,you viets try to seize each straw,you r so pathetic!dont cry, bcoz you viets never know how to live with big country!

The Dung Quat oil refinery refines 51.1 million barrels of crude a year. Let's say each barrel is $100 usd; that's $5.11 billion usd of crude oil a year x 25 years = $127.7 billion usd. There you have it, this deal is worth $127.7 billion usd over 25 years.

You need the U.S to survive and that's a harsh fact for you chinaman to swallow. The U.S provides you with $300 billion of annual trade surplus. Without the U.S market, china economy will collapse as it losses $300 billion of annual trade surplus.
well, it is less.

1 metric ton is a little over 7 barrels
6 million metric tons are about 42 million barrels
if 1 barrel costs $100, then 42 million barrels cost $4.2b a year

so the contract for 25 years is worth about $4.2b x 25 = $105b

LOL, buddy, "against" an "attack" are different term, Did you understand !?

When China - Soviet relationship began being bad in 1965-1969, PRC want Vietnam turn her back and cut off relationship with Soviet, but we're not stupid 'cause we saw how selfish you're when PRC made Vietnam govt has to accept borderline between two side at 17th Parallel. Then, PRC said and made us stop revolution in southern part of Vietnam because they feared to involve in another "Korea war".

So we knew, when they want to against mighty Soviet, they will shake hand with America, and if we go with them, we will become their pawn to exchange with USA.

And we're right, after Nixon met Deng Xiaoping, USA bomb North Vietnam like mad, and they're just accepted sign on 1972 Treaty after we defeat them with Soviet weapons.

Righ after USA declared stop their intervention in Vietnam, PRC attacked and robbed Paracel Islands by force from Republic of Vietnam, and USA was not protest at all.
China and Soviet Union started to argue before 1960 and we fight each other at 1969

This two date are all earlier than 1970, that means we fight Soviet Union before China and US set up bilateral relationship .

When we started to support you to fight US , Soveit Union already threaten to nuke China, Uncle Sam did not like us also.

We did not care to piss off both US and Soviet Union at the same time , and now , you said we are afraid of another korea war .

Your logic is awesome, Can you even convince yourself ?

Back
Top Bottom