What's new

Vietnam signs 25-year oil deal with Russia

Ya, you outsmart stupid Obama and abe, congrats.

It is your this kind of smartness lead vietnam to become battle ground in the whole last century, being totally destroyed every 30
years, I bet you envison to repeat the same stories again and again.
I wonder why you and some other chinese members react so negative on a simple economic news.
it is not really special. can we all return to the topic?

I wonder why you and some other chinese members react so negative on a simple economic news.
it is not really special. can we all return to the topic?
For you, it is negative. For us, it is celebration.

You really didn't have any idea how international politics works?

For you, it is negative. For us, it is celebration.

You really didn't have any idea how international politics works?
actually not you but Russia has reasons for celebration. they are smart and sell natural resources to anyone who pays. China is not the only customer.

I don´t see any reasons why uncle sam should be upset.

This will really shore up strategic support for Russia globally. Good going Vietnam. Not to mention energy security with a reliable, powerful partner.

We should welcome this move by Russia and Vietnam. It is another slap in the face to the US. US is the biggest threat to China, not Vietnam.

Good news. Russia gave North Vietnam a lot of technical assistance before. I hope this reverses the longstanding Vietnam policy of backstabbing its allies.

Good news. Russia gave North Vietnam a lot of technical assistance before. I hope this reverses the longstanding Vietnam policy of backstabbing its allies.
Don't get your hopes up my friend. History tells a different story.

Well, well. I dont think this is a good move by Vietnam, especially at this moment in time when they have issues with China. As i said before, Vietnam thinks it can play our governments against both China and Russia. Its trying to do the same thing as India. what both Vietnam and India dont understand is that our governments in the west/U.S are very shrewed in forein policy and have been playing geopolitics for decades, so they arent dumb not to notice Duplicity. Vietnam keeps crying for the west/U.S support but at the same time it still wants to keep its ally Russia, it doesnt work that way. I understand Vietnam is a communist authoritarian regime like its northern neighbour and has been allies with the Soviet Union against the U.S/west during the cold war, which makes it difficult for it to abandon its longtime patron/master Russia.
But i think Vietnam should be more realitstic, Only the U.S can support it in any conflict against China. Russia didn't even intervene(despite promising to support the country if attacked at the time) when China last invaded them in the late 70s, what makes Vietnam think it can rely on Russia today who is much more closer to china than it has ever been? Russia relationship with China now runs quite deep and they both have similar world interests/views of challenging the west and displacing the U.S influence in their respective zone of influence(Eastern Europe and Asia respectively), So if Vietnam is serious about claiming support from the U.S/west against China , then it has to make sacrifices, you cant expect to go against issues concerning the west/U.S core interests with Russia and trying to get support from U.S/west when you are threatened by China. Doing so will only make you isolated as no country will trust you at the end. Playing both sides is good, but not when you are in serious difficulties/conflict, then you will find out that you will be alone facing a foreign threat in which case China.:agree:
In this regard i think Vietnam should follow Philippines and japan example and ally with the U.S , this is the best guarantee/option for her, since this will help form a Japan-U.S-Vietnam alliance. Russia is an old declining power who doesnt have any interests of challenging China for little Vietnam. The stakes are too high for it.:agree: Im sure Japan and the U,S can support vietnam in the SCS issue, Russia wouldn't. so i think Vietnam should be wise and choose the right side, in the past it made many wrong decisions which cost it alot, from which its still trying to recover to this day.
I will ask this question again: which country does Vietnam think will support it against China? is it Russia or the U.S?:usflag:
make your choice.:-)

Will U.S.A now liberate Vietnam from evil regime like Ukraine with paid mobs and mercenaries?

China did it against Viets 1954, 1974 and 1979, 1988. stupid, betrayal mentality chinese but big mouth.

China attacked also Russia 1969.

Last edited:
Just wait the US to plant those 'flowers' of the color revolution into Vietnam. :haha:

Well, there are speculations that the recent riot in Vietnam is in fact aimed at Vietnam government and upon reading more information, I am starting to believe it.

Pathetic Viet continue to have two-face approach.

This is a good news for Russia and Vietnam. Look like the western sanction on Russia is getting more meaningless every day.

Hey Viet, are there more information regarding the deal? Like how much Vietnam is paying, who will be transporting the oil, etc? I can't seem to find any other sources on google that gives more information.

Back
Top Bottom