What's new

Vietnam Rejects US Demand to Stop 'Land Reclamation' in South China Sea

U.S. Says Vietnam Weighing Ending Island Expansion in Disputed Waters - WSJ

U.S. Says Vietnam Weighing Ending Island Expansion in Disputed Waters

So much articles on the South China Sea these day with USA involvement.

Let's see whether the US government will able to pressure your government into a halt on island reclamation. You should definitely weigh all options. Reality is, you are, at your own pace and as much as your capacity allows, continuing building up islands at the moment. And apparently some segments in the military and government do not like the idea up the idea of giving in to US pressure.

Nonetheless, you stop or not, none of China's concern. You started much earlier than China in island reclamation and free to end it as you wish. China will continue with its own until its objectives are achieved regardless of Vietnam or the Philippines. That's China's internal matter.

:usflag:

The Official US Stance regarding SCS is that US will take NO SIDES on the dispute. As long as the Free of Navigation still opens (So the US Naval and Merchant ship and Aircraft can fly over) then the US don't really care what is happening in SCS. Until that day come US will simply sit and watch the event unfold.

My personal opinion is that Reclaiming Island and Garrison in it is quite stupid. in any case of conflict, those Island will be first to fall in both side. It is simply because if you are to reclaim the island, you will have to defend it and that mean resource and manpower being diverted to defend those island. And almost certainly those Island, no matter how you defend it, would be the first to fall.

US garrisoned islands like Guam, Tinian, Midway, Wake and Philippine, the British garrisoned Singapore and Malaya, does it matter for the Japanese when they declare war in WW2?

China officially ensures the US that freedom of navigation is ensured. The build-up is actually to increase China's capability to increase maritime and trade security for the good of world trade. Being world's largest ever trading nation, it is China's responsibility, first and foremost.

The US should not be overworked on the issue; China guarantees that the newly built installations continue to provide security, monitoring and help and relief in times of disaster.

China will also make sure that those developed islands are equipped fairly well in order to withstand any potential state and non-state terrorism and military assault. The islands will remain islands only by name and by their geography; in reality they will be part and parcel of a larger defence, security and assistance network.

Exactly let me give you a eg what US dies when it sees a competitor
In the late 90s we were very close to mastering Cryogenic technology & were close to breaking in ine lucrative Sat launching market so what US does is through its moles it ensures that all Scientists involved in this project are arrested on charges of treason as a result we are pushed back 2 decades on this front,if this had not happened we would have had a man in space in the early 2000s as opposed to 2020s now

The issue had close relations with India's national project of atomic weapons. You know the UNP5 had nukes before 1960's. While after the treaty on non-proliferation of nuclear weapons became a worldwide common sense in 1995, your govt still broke the rule.

very small scale, bro.

we don't do what you do: massive land reclamation with a armada of huge monster machines.

To be honest /fair (I'm always.lol) Vietnam doesn't do massive land reclamation like the Chinese not because it doesnt want to, simply because it doesnt have the capabilities go do so. As I said earlier (though I support Vietnam and Philippines, just because they are small) I don't think any party here is innocent /right /non aggressive while the other is aggressive /hegemony etc. No I'm not that naive to see things that simple. Vietnam and Philippines are all as guilty as the Chinese (and Taiwanese, who we often forget. lol). Vietnam and Philippines claims is also as outrageous as Chinese claims if we look at it from a neutral perspective , the only difference is that China is the biggest party and a U.S rival so the limelight is more on it. Same like when India has issues with it's neighbours it often tends to be regarded as the bully /aggressor due to its size. :devil:
So Apart from size, there's no difference between all of you people claiming these islands, since even Vietnam and Philippines have overlapping claims, so if you can't solve your dispute with the Philippines and other SCS claimants why we should have any sympathy for you?
:what:

So I still think it's either you solve this issue diplomatically/peacefully reaching an agreement to share /jointly exploit /manage the spratlys islands /SCS together or you fight it and get over with let the best win, just like we did in WW2:chilli::sniper::bounce:

sputnik is a russian propaganda tool, its primary aim is to bash the US "imperialism" days and nights.

besides, our land reclamation is too little, too disappointing. No, the US should give money to Vietnam so we start massive land reclamation as seen at China. win-win for both. the US can have a military base on one of the islands. if the US boys are stationed far away from our mainland, there will be less possible bad feelings.
True, every sane person knows Sputnik is a Russian propaganda tool against the U. S/West. Though I'm not sure your Russian buddies here will be happy with you about what you said .lol

As I said, Vietnam can't have two boss, it will have to ditch it's former patron Russia . When push comes to shove /critical moment you can't count on your two bosses, you have to chose one. So Vietnam has to make sure it makes the right choice unlike it did in the past during the cold war. Choose wisely. :usflag:

To be honest /fair (I'm always.lol) Vietnam doesn't do massive land reclamation like the Chinese not because it doesnt want to, simply because it doesnt have the capabilities go do so. As I said earlier (though I support Vietnam and Philippines, just because they are small) I don't think any party here is innocent /right /non aggressive while the other is aggressive /hegemony etc. No I'm not that naive to see things that simple. Vietnam and Philippines are all as guilty as the Chinese (and Taiwanese, who we often forget. lol). Vietnam and Philippines claims is also as outrageous as Chinese claims if we look at it from a neutral perspective , the only difference is that China is the biggest party and a U.S rival so the limelight is more on it. Same like when India has issues with it's neighbours it often tends to be regarded as the bully /aggressor due to its size. :devil:
So Apart from size, there's no difference between all of you people claiming these islands, since even Vietnam and Philippines have overlapping claims, so if you can't solve your dispute with the Philippines and other SCS claimants why we should have any sympathy for you?
:what:

So I still think it's either you solve this issue diplomatically/peacefully reaching an agreement to share /jointly exploit /manage the spratlys islands /SCS together or you fight it and get over with let the best win, just like we did in WW2:chilli::sniper::bounce:

True, every sane person knows Sputnik is a Russian propaganda tool against the U. S/West. Though I'm not sure your Russian buddies here will be happy with you about what you said .lol

As I said, Vietnam can't have two boss, it will have to ditch it's former patron Russia . When push comes to shove /critical moment you can't count on your two bosses, you have to chose one. So Vietnam has to make sure it makes the right choice unlike it did in the past during the cold war. Choose wisely. :usflag:
the main issue is China does not want to make compromise. she has reasons doing so. VN and PH want to make compromise.

believe me, we have a strategy forcing China to make compromise. at the end of the day, she will do, otherwise her fate is at stake. we know the chinese in and out, all of her tricks and lies. we know when she lies, when she says the truth. I know even what Chinese have in mind before words leave their mouths. the 2,000 years plus close relationship make the difference.

China officially ensures the US that freedom of navigation is ensured. .

That's the standard chinese line, but if that's the case, please explain why Chinese military units tell US and PH aircraft to go away when they are flying in areas outside the 12 mile territorial waters of the islands, which to begin with are not even entitled to? Those actions clearly show that regardless of what China says, they actually intend to take possession of the whole area and refuse freedom of navigation as those actions clearly show.

The rebuff from VN is expected, no surprise, it aligns with continuity of policy stance.

The real interesting part is from US.
I thought it would be: "Hey stand up against the Chinese aggression, we got your back at whatever costs!"
But then it becomes: "Stand down please. By the way please buy a few boats from our MIC, you can pay later! If you don't pay, alright our taxpayers will foot the bill"

sane person knows Sputnik is a Russian propaganda tool against the U. S/West. Though I'm not sure your Russian buddies here will be happy with you about what you said .lol

Everybody has an agenda, the western press has one hell of an agenda as I clearly see in the Ukrainian situation, Iraq before, etc. The Russia press, the Vietnamese press and just about everybody has an agenda.

Its up to the individual to search for multiples sources of information and have some brains to figure out what seems to be right or not.

The rebuff from VN is expected, no surprise, it aligns with continuity of policy stance.

The real interesting part is from US.
I thought it would be: "Hey stand up against the Chinese aggression, we got your back at whatever costs!"
But then it becomes: "Stand down please. By the way please buy a few boats from our MIC, you can pay later! If you don't pay, alright our taxpayers will foot the bill"

What rebuff man? Didn't you read the thread? VN didn't give an answer yet and neither gave any indication of what the answer will be. All this crap comes from a totally biased Russian article that made up the whole story.

What rebuff man? Didn't you read the thread? VN didn't give an answer yet and neither gave any indication of what the answer will be. All this crap comes from a totally biased Russian article that made up the whole story.

Oh the title was wrong? Ok then no answer yet is that's right? I would say a "no" is more likely unless there's a change of VN stance. What's your bet comrade?

About the boats, take them for free is good idea, let the American public foot the bill to the MIC.

Last edited:
That's the standard chinese line, but if that's the case, please explain why Chinese military units tell US and PH aircraft to go away when they are flying in areas outside the 12 mile territorial waters of the islands, which to begin with are not even entitled to? Those actions clearly show that regardless of what China says, they actually intend to take possession of the whole area and refuse freedom of navigation as those actions clearly show.
nobody in the world believes to chinese bullshit of free navigation.

take one example: like every year, chinese authority recently issues a fishing ban extended to our waters. can you imagine that? they want to ban our fishers fishing in our waters. Unbelievable arrogance.

Let's see whether the US government will able to pressure your government into a halt on island reclamation. You should definitely weigh all options. Reality is, you are, at your own pace and as much as your capacity allows, continuing building up islands at the moment. And apparently some segments in the military and government do not like the idea up the idea of giving in to US pressure.

Nonetheless, you stop or not, none of China's concern. You started much earlier than China in island reclamation and free to end it as you wish. China will continue with its own until its objectives are achieved regardless of Vietnam or the Philippines. That's China's internal matter.

:usflag:
Vietnam will not stop reclamation. Why should we? the US wants to tell the world that she wants all parties to halt reclamation, including Vietnam. China now has no excuse telling the US is blind on one side. No, if any, all claimants must halt all constructions, including China, Malaysia, Philippines and Taiwan.

Cheer!
635687337751840342-18331361212-c4870fc7fc-k.jpg

Oh the title was wrong? Ok then no answer yet is that's right? I would say a "no" is more likely unless there's a change of VN stance. What's your bet comrade?

About the boats, take them for free is good idea, let the American public foot the bill to the MIC.

Correct; my personal opinion is that Vietnam would say that they can stop the reclamation if China does, but that's just my personal opinion. Another press release from the US says that Vietnam is considering halting the reclamation, but until something official comes out, nobody can really say.

For your information (since you are one of the nicest chinese guys around here), here is what I wrote before:

The title of the article is false and only represents the personal opinion of the author of the article.

No article about this subject in the international press, US press or Vietnamese press uses the word "rejected" or mentions in any way what the Vietnamese response is or will be.

The Vietnamese officials simple explained what the nature of the reclamation work is and didn't say anything about how Vietnam will respond to the US request.

If you say that Vietnam rejected the US request, then name the government official that said that and quote such response and give the links.

The article is putting words in the mouth of Vietnamese government officials because the article is biased, simply as that and you people are only too happy to gloat all over it because that would be the answer that fits your needs. Wishful thinking.

Vietnam will not stop reclamation. Why should we? the US wants to tell the world that she wants all parties to halt reclamation, including Vietnam. China now has no excuse telling the US is blind on one side. No, if any, all claimants must halt all constructions, including China, Malaysia, Philippines and Taiwan.

Cheer!
635687337751840342-18331361212-c4870fc7fc-k.jpg

Vietnam might decide to stop the reclamation just to show that China is the only one that does not compromise. Its a possibility.

nobody in the world believes to chinese bullshit of free navigation.

take one example: like every year, chinese authority recently issues a fishing ban extended to our waters. can you imagine that? they want to ban our fishers fishing in our waters. Unbelievable arrogance.

Of course, that's part of the deception strategy.

Arrogance and a few other things are typical traits of the chinese leadership as it has usually being throughout their history.

As per the regular chinese people (I'm in China right now and I do talk to some people here) they don't waste a minute thinking about all of this, they are busy working and making ends meet, they just don't care about the subject. The PDF chinese crowd does not represent the typical chinese by very far.

Back
Top Bottom