What's new

Vietnam Rejects US Demand to Stop 'Land Reclamation' in South China Sea

can't blame china. everyone there are doing the same. the only difference is that china has industrial might to make em bigger and quicker :D

Indeed. China just follows the precedence of others. This is the case with ECS ADIZ and will be the case with SCS ADIZ.

China is just a developing nation hell-bent on achieving a moderately prosperous economy by 2020.

That's why all talk is bs.
No wonder China just do whatever they need to do; poor outsider keep complaining, rich outsider want to team up with poor one to expand their influence.

US intention is clear Stop China at all cost & if the succeed (there is a possibility but highly remote) move onto the next country that can threaten then & that's where India comes in,if somehow China is defeated(plz god no) then India will be targeted

That's I agree with. I guess what bothers the US elites is not really some sad Vietnamese or Philippinos. They simply do not want to see a contender. China is the present contender and India cannot be a great power if it is not to be contender. So, by default, India is likely on the list although the immediate concern is China.

That's I agree with. I guess what bothers the US elites is not really some sad Vietnamese or Philippinos. They simply do not want to see a contender. China is the present contender and India cannot be a great power if it is not to be contender. So, by default, India is likely on the list although the immediate concern is China.

Exactly let me give you a eg what US dies when it sees a competitor
In the late 90s we were very close to mastering Cryogenic technology & were close to breaking in ine lucrative Sat launching market so what US does is through its moles it ensures that all Scientists involved in this project are arrested on charges of treason as a result we are pushed back 2 decades on this front,if this had not happened we would have had a man in space in the early 2000s as opposed to 2020s now

I just want to make sure what the US intention here is? To make everybody stop their build-up, or just China?
My guess would be to save face for themselves.:lol:

A failed mediator who says “I tried, but both of them won't listen” still looks better than an incompetent stakeholders who flies over everyday watching the sand grow while can‘t do a damn thing about it

My guess would be to save face for themselves.:lol:

A failed mediator who says “I tried, but both of them won't listen” still looks better than an incompetent stakeholders who flies over everyday watching the sand grow while can‘t do a damn thing about it

Yes. This will give the US the chance to concede to China's island genesis program gracefully.

If Vietnam did not stop in the first place, what moral ground would the US have to pressure China?

Last edited:
Vietnam also doing reclamation? wow.
very small scale, bro.

Yes. This will give the US to concede to China's island genesis program gracefully.

If Vietnam did not stop in the first place, what moral ground would the US have to pressure China?
we don't do what you do: massive land reclamation with a armada of huge monster machines.

very small scale, bro.

we don't do what you do: massive land reclamation with a armada of huge monster machines.

Who cares it is small or big. It is small because your economy is small and your capabilities are near to nil.

You just do it as much as your capabilities allow. That what really matters.

As far as moral ground is concerned, your intention (to continue with build-up) is what matters, but NOT your real capabilities (your tiny engineering).

Given your intentions, had you had the required capabilities, you would not hesitate to launch a land reclamation as massive as that of China.

So, keep up with your build-up at your pace. Your cause is lost. But you have a few acres bigger land.

Last edited:
Exactly let me give you a eg what US dies when it sees a competitor
In the late 90s we were very close to mastering Cryogenic technology & were close to breaking in ine lucrative Sat launching market so what US does is through its moles it ensures that all Scientists involved in this project are arrested on charges of treason as a result we are pushed back 2 decades on this front,if this had not happened we would have had a man in space in the early 2000s as opposed to 2020s now

That is why it baffles me how some Indians here can be so anti China and pro US. The US government does not want to be overtaken (economically speaking). They made Japan the boogieman back in the 70/80s and now that China is destined to overtake US they will do everything they can to stop our rise. I said it before India will become the next target because India has the potential to surpass US too (okay technological speaking a very very long way to go and China is not there yet either) but with the Indian population it is a very large market. It's stupid to see some of your brethren having ill wishes towards China on PDF, they rather see the domination of the West on the other side of the Ocean than the rise of Asia. Never knew you guys were close in cryogenic and got stopped by the US. Another example of their agenda :lol: , lets hope India is not as blind as the Vietnamese/Pinoy members here.

Who cares it is small or big. It is small because your economy is small and your capabilities are near to nil.

You just do it as much ad your capabilities allow.

As far as moral ground is concerned, your intention (to continue with build-up) is what matters, but NOT your real capabilities (your tiny engineering).

Given your intentions, had you had the required capabilities, you would not hesitate to launch a land reclamation as massive as that of China.

So, keep up with your build-up at your pace. Your cause is lost. But you have a few acres bigger land.

He did say if Vietnam had the capability it would have conquered East Asia. Right now he's just saying we only build LITTLE bits with the expansion :rofl:

sputnik is a russian propaganda tool, its primary aim is to bash the US "imperialism" days and nights.

besides, our land reclamation is too little, too disappointing. No, the US should give money to Vietnam so we start massive land reclamation as seen at China. win-win for both. the US can have a military base on one of the islands. if the US boys are stationed far away from our mainland, there will be less possible bad feelings.

There is no differents from small reclaiming and big reclaiming... They are all reclaiming and expansion.

He did say if Vietnam had the capability it would have conquered East Asia. Right now he's just saying we only build LITTLE bits with the expansion

I do not know, after this bluff, how the US will keep supporting them on this issue with a straight face.

There is no differents from small reclaiming and big reclaiming... They are all reclaiming and expansion.

Exactly. That's why I am happy about Vietnam's rejection of US offer.

@Viet Dude i don't get it.... are you guys too building artificial islands??? or expanding the natural Islands???

That's why i said it's in his dream the US will give Vietnam advanced destroyers, only small toys will do.

The US is going to give them money to buy some useless stuff from itself. Vietnam will pay the money back, and probably with interest.

US does just what a regular creditor would do. And the Vietnamese on this forum think this is a sort of helping out Vietnam against China.

Why would the US help a Vietnam that does exactly the same thing that the US is pressuring China from doing?

Back
Top Bottom