What's new

Vietnam ranked fourth in 2022 International Math Olympiad

AViet

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Vietnam is ranked fourth in 2022 International Math Olympiad (IMO) after China, Korea and the US, with one member getting 42/42 mark.

Last edited:
Vietnam results are very impressive given the fact that Vietnam can only properly educate her students in Hanoi and HCMC. So the student catchment pool is just a few millions.

Meanwhile the so call first world country Singapore results are horrible and getting more and more horrible every years.

These days, Singaporean government told peasant students to study hard is bad, children should enjoy childhood. At the same time, elites keep sending the their kids to enrichment class.

Vietnam is ranked fourth in 2022 International Math Olympiad (IMO) after China, Korea and the US, with one member getting 42/42 mark.

Congratulations Vietnam..

I though the rank would be : China-S. Korea-Japan-Vietnam. But I'm pretty sure the majority of US members are Asian.

Where is India? 1.4 billion people and you are no where to be found year after year. Keep talking my friend. Must be good to have a dull head and thick skins:lol:

I stayed in Vietnam for a long time. Trust me Vietnam catchment pool is really really small. Just 2-3 good schools in Hanoi and HCMC respectively. The rest of the schools cannot provide quality education.

In this sense, Vietnam elite schools are remarkable.

This is the US Math Olympiad Team
6EE29A82-A923-4D82-8530-8361509A6BC9.jpeg

US Girls crush Europe with all Chinese-American team!

04F1EEBA-9450-4F6C-A544-5E4787972BD9.jpeg

Team USA Earns First Place at 2022 European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad​

12 April 2022
Washington, D.C. (April 12, 2022) - This spring, Team USA earned first place in the 11th European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO), with each student also earning a medal for their individual performances.

I stayed in Vietnam for a long time. Trust me Vietnam catchment pool is really really small. Just 2-3 good schools in Hanoi and HCMC respectively. The rest of the schools cannot provide quality education.

Wow I had no idea! In a way this is similar to what China went through in the late 80's. China was just recovering from the devastation caused by cultural revolution. The country wanted to restore the education system but we were dirty poor. So we designated a few "good schools" in each major city and put more resources in those. Every kid was given equal opportunities to take exams to get into those schools. That approach may seem though and unfair for some but it stimulated competitions amongst the entire generation.

Vietnam has twice the population of SK and still growing. Who knows it might even be larger than SK in 50 years time.
I see Vietnam becoming even richer and more dynamic than Japan in my lifetime. The viets I’ve known are total hustlers and they do whatever it takes to succeed, it’s not surprising to see Vietnam really surging nowadays.

Don't be so harsh. Every country starts like this.
I have been to Vietnam. According to my observation, Vietnam is like China 10 to 20 years ago.
They are not far behind.

Don't be so harsh. Every country starts like this.
I have been to Vietnam. According to my observation, Vietnam is like China 10 to 20 years ago.
They are not far behind.
A lot of the new urban developments in Vietnam look like those in China. I feel like they are really speeding up their development now. Vietnamese are very bold and entrepreneurial people.

Back
Top Bottom