What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

1587ad7976985f1c82d6b426b43c165f.jpg

6eb5b0ad3f5e4f44f419961330fb182e.jpg
db0f5be12285ec356b81772c50b668bb.jpg

Vietnamese military still used vintage US weapons in the 60's?

China move their troop within China, how it's possible for them to move millions troops in 2 days? Cargo plane, bus, civilian plane, buses, transport trucks? Aren't these transport system couldn't move millions troop in 1 days?

sure, the Chinese can move millions of troops with ...... their mouth , 1 million here, 2 million there ... etc .. :))

US need more than week or several weeks to moving their hundred thousands troops into Iraqi and Kuwaiti border areas in Gulf War, not a day or two days. Moving logistics is not as simple as doing cheats on a game. That's why US has so many military bases around the world to made them more easier to moving and piling up their logistics. It is bullshit if someone said China can mobilized their 2 million armies in day or two days after the second when conflict with Vietnam erupted.

My reasons is,
First, China army is just accounting for around two million ground troops, and they had been distributed according to the level of threat inside or around Chinese border. To moving two millions of their ground troops around Vietnam border area surely is a stupid moves, surely they will left another area unguarded

Second, Chinese until know not going to start their mobilization of reserve pools, and mobilizing reservist is not an easy feats can be done in matter of days.

Third, Xichuan earthquakes can giving you a view and fine example about Chinese capabilities to mobilizing their troops and i doubt if Chinese can moving their so called two millions army into Vietnam border just in matter of a day or two days.

And Fourth, any Chinese units (especially peoples who came from Northern and western military area) need to acclimated and suit themselves into Vietnam terrain and climates, thus way they need more logistics and training to do that than the "Southern units". The US do that in the Gulf war, and spent more than months for training and acclimatization before the actual combats started.

1st no nation start a war without planning ahead of time, notice have to send to soldier weeks or months to prepare for deployment, soldier have to report to the military base to pack up and move out to their destination. When the troop already report to their base, million Chinese troops transport to the borders in 2 days isn't impossible. you think China doesn't many base within the distance from the borders with Vietnam?

US need more than week or several weeks to moving their hundred thousands troops into Iraqi and Kuwaiti border areas in Gulf War, not a day or two days. Moving logistics is not as simple as doing cheats on a game. That's why US has so many military bases around the world to made them more easier to moving and piling up their logistics. It is bullshit if someone said China can mobilized their 2 million armies in day or two days after the second when conflict with Vietnam erupted.

My reasons is,
First, China army is just accounting for around two million ground troops, and they had been distributed according to the level of threat inside or around Chinese border. To moving two millions of their ground troops around Vietnam border area surely is a stupid moves, surely they will left another area unguarded

Second, Chinese until know not going to start their mobilization of reserve pools, and mobilizing reservist is not an easy feats can be done in matter of days.

Third, Xichuan earthquakes can giving you a view and fine example about Chinese capabilities to mobilizing their troops and i doubt if Chinese can moving their so called two millions army into Vietnam border just in matter of a day or two days.

And Fourth, any Chinese units (especially peoples who came from Northern and western military area) need to acclimated and suit themselves into Vietnam terrain and climates, thus way they need more logistics and training to do that than the "Southern units". The US do that in the Gulf war, and spent more than months for training and acclimatization before the actual combats started.

Very good explanations, you gave all the right answers, but as usual, it falls on deaf ears. The chinese trolls don't accept anything that doesn't fit into their distorted picture of reality. That's why I always say that talking to these chinese trolls is like talking to a wall. Big waste of time!!!!

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

1st no nation start a war without planning ahead of time, notice have to send to soldier weeks or months to prepare for deployment, soldier have to report to the military base to pack up and move out to their destination. When the troop already report to their base, million Chinese troops transport to the borders in 2 days isn't impossible. you think China doesn't many base within the distance from the borders with Vietnam?
Then , pls tell me why your new soldiers who must pay up to $ 16,000 to join the army ( in order to get the good salary not to fight ) want to die in war with VN ??

Very good explanations, you gave all the right answers, but as usual, it falls on deaf ears. The chinese trolls don't accept anything that doesn't fit into their distorted picture of reality. That's why I always say that talking to these chinese trolls is like talking to a wall. Big waste of time!!!!

I'm here to educate you. The reason you think it is trolling is because you do not understand the sophisticated answers. It is like me talking about electron-phonon interaction effects on semiconductors, and a 5 year old laughs and says, "hahaha, he said phony interactions!"

That news may be of interest for our chinese friends?

VN President Sang on September 16 received the new appointed Lao Defence Minister and Senior Lieutenant General Sengnuon Saynhalat. the former army chief Phichit died in a "mysterious" plan crash in May.

0563f7d8783b4a6de857f0ee65a61655.jpg

Douangchay Phichit in 2004. Photo: AP

4dc08d836a1d937bd22a8380047bc60d.jpg

Rescue workers search the air force plane crash site in Xiangkhouang province, Laos. Photograph: Reuters

besides the rtheroric, I understand the new man vows to be absolutely loyal to Vietnam. should the dispute escalate to a armed confrontation with China, we have Lao armed forces on our side.

54e39e45fefa06c1a8e2e1b5175f6a95.jpg

State President Truong Tan Sang (R) greets Lao Defence Minister in Hanoi. Photograph. VOV

Last edited:

My reasons is,

1, First i said one million not two million
2, your comparison with the US in first gulf war is flawed, US moved troops across the Atlantic during desert shield, it took weeks, but at the start of Desert storm it took somewhat 4 days to mobilize from Saudi boarder, and that is in a foreign country, the only way is to go by highway/desert or air transport. The comparison you should have made is maybe if US mobilized thier Amry and National Guard in Texas.
3. During the sichuan earthquakes, all roads around the area were collapsed, there were no way in or out, even supplies had to be air dropped in, so again I dont know what you are talking about.
f4b77808c3471ef0bd4e8162630dfca0.jpg

4, check this map, we got 4 army group stationed within southern boarder already.
522fef84ce1c8b852f11b8e225acd702.jpg

again let me know why cant we move one million within 1 -2 days

President Sang on September 16 received the new appointed Lao Defence Minister and Senior Lieutenant General Sengnuon Saynhalat. the former army chief Phichit died in a "mysterious" plan crash in May.

besides the rtheroric, I understand the new man vows to be absolutely loyal to Vietnam. should the dispute escalate to a armed confrontation with China, we have Lao armed forces on our side.

View attachment 55312

shit, they got 30 main battle tanks, we better start running....:omghaha:

Last edited:
I'm here to educate you. The reason you think it is trolling is because you do not understand the sophisticated answers. It is like me talking about electron-phonon interaction effects on semiconductors, and a 5 year old laughs and says, "hahaha, he said phony interactions!"

The ones that need education are your han brothers.

shit, they got 30 main battle tanks, we better start running....:omghaha:
you don´t understand the strategic importance of Laos. It is not about the number of tanks and troops Laos can contribute, but the most important asset is they can provide us with strategic depth and resources.

the French and Americans lost the wars because they failed to cut off supply lines and troop movements between Laos to Vietnam. the French army created the fortress Dien Bien Phu midst in the jungle in Northern Vietnam in an attempt to cut off the supply line to Laos. That led to the decisive battle of Dien Bien Phu (1954). the Vietnamese victory ended the french colonisation in Indochina. so enough a lesson for you today :)

ce1b10db89ddbe1ae51df1cdeb6ebebd.jpg

5c83bae5cc12db9de3c67aff5e1657b9.jpg

5f8e8d6bd1d30191e31993f11a319b96.jpg

d6fb78c28b7687bb0c0a75416a348f63.jpg

fb8ce7ec08de5696878bb8c1153e7ed3.jpg

cd6d6dc9ff8b59ce3a758d3ba18b2cc3.jpg

fd36e0bbb60e8ea65ddba281dc2d9edb.jpg

d6e0471dba73f047b309ad5f7f634c94.jpg

a5fce220d9a5f1537507bdc9e868283b.jpg

7a6a8c90d19ab688628300c1bd6d24a9.jpg

Attachments

• 565184544d229b79c0ac2420cd9c7b53.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
you don´t understand the strategic importance of Laos. they can provide us with strategic depth and resources.
the French and Americans lost the wars because they failed to cut off supply lines and troop movements between Laos to Vietnam.

Lao also landlocked neighbor with China, you think Lao will risk a war with China to support Vietnam against China? At best Lao will stay neutral or worse allow China to use their country to attack Vietnam with China pay billions of dollars to Lao as the compensation.

you don´t understand the strategic importance of Laos. It is not about the number of tanks and troops Laos can contribute, but the most important asset is they can provide us with strategic depth and resources.

the French and Americans lost the wars because they failed to cut off supply lines and troop movements between Laos to Vietnam. the French army created the fortress Dien Bien Phu midst in the jungle in Northern Vietnam in an attempt to cut off the supply line to Laos. That led to the decisive battle of Dien Bien Phu (1954). the Vietnamese victory ended the french colonisation in Indochina.

Source: Vietnam Military News & Discussion | Page 155
You sound like your cities and factories have legs that can run into LAO's territory or LAO's 17.66 billion GDP can support your country??:crazy: So educated me~ once your cities and factories are bombed to ground.. then what you gona do?? fight in jungle like 1960? ?

Back
Top Bottom