What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Why wrote in bold your comment? You want to talk loud like a tough guy and intimidating the people like PLA ?? Most the things you wrote are incoherent and too many contrary comments, you change your comments like you changing your diapers. You lack to many facts and knowledge to discuss anything serious with you....

Stop writing comments in this VN forum you are embarrassing yourself. You are the one (Chinese) who come in this forum (Vietnamese) and start saying provocative and negative comments. Please get out of this forum
you say ---You want to talk loud like a tough guy and intimidating the people like PLA ?? LOL, your happy is ok ! trust your trust ! just because my translation APP copy this ,became BOLD ,i lazy to change ....your vietnam , anything with in your brain to became bad .....so LOL .
you say china is invade ------you say your viet is ------------We can't beat China, so VN go south and destroyed all the southern kingdoms to annexed the lands.
you say ---China give 1 $ but take back 2$ ,
you say ----You are the one (Chinese) who come in this forum (Vietnamese) and start saying provocative and negative comments. Please get out of this forum .
viet is a judge ? one side Discredit China ,one side say my comment is provocative . so joke vietnam .
Who is the provocation? 781 pages , look my fist comment ! look your viet 's comment !
Vietnam So love to hate China , fight China in front, don't in back 。
i'm waiting VN go Nouth and destroyed all the nouthern kingdoms --china to annexed the lands.

Last edited:
Recently a news site selects the National Anthem of Vietnam - " Tiến Quân Ca" (Song Of Marching Troops) as one of the most impressive national anthems. Because of the clear language expressed in the song.

(English translation)

March to the Front!

Armies of Vietnam, we go forward,

with the one will to save our Fatherland.

Our hurried steps are sounding on the long and arduous road.

Our flag, red with the blood of victory, bears the spirit of our country.

The distant rumbling of the guns mingles with our marching song.

The path to glory passes over the bodies of our Enemies.

Overcoming all hardships, together we build our resistance bases.

Ceaselessly for the people's cause we struggle,

Hastening to the battle field!

Forward! All together advancing!

Our Vietnam is strong eternal.

Soldiers of Vietnam, we go forward,

The gold star of our flag in the wind, leading our people, our native land, out of misery and suffering.

Let us join our efforts in the fight for the building of a new life.

Let us stand up and break our chains.

For too long have we swallowed our Hatred.

Let us keep ready for all sacrifices and our life will be radiant.

Ceaselessly for the people's cause we struggle,

Hastening to the battlefield!

Forward! All together advancing!

Our Vietnam is strong eternal.

Ground breaking for Hanwha Techwin Engines plants last September, producing aircraft engine parts for GE, Pratt & Whitney (P&W) and Rolls-Royce. Super fast progress. First factory will open end of April 2018, two other factories will be completed by 2022. Vietnam will likely produce parts of engines powering F-35 fighter jets as well.

1506560295.jpg

img_9718.jpg

1506560356.jpg

314264c202c8267a9968e1b0f1fa3495.jpg

aircraft-engine2_qqhb.jpg

What is the most challenge in developing F-35 Stealth Fighter Jet?

It is the software that controls the planes. 8 million lines of software code – or more than 4 times the amount of the F-22 Raptor. the US software engineers have great difficulties to fix thousands of software code errors. So why not tap Vietnam? we have very good coder.

cockpit__main.jpg

It is the software that controls the planes. 8 million lines of software code – or more than 4 times the amount of the F-22 Raptor. the US software engineers have great difficulties to fix thousands of software code errors. So why not tap Vietnam? we have very good coder.

Software developed for US weapon projects has to go through a very complex process that has security very high on the requirement checklist. While black box specification helps somewhat, it's still tough (if not impossible) for non-American programmers with little security clearance to bid for work on sensitive projects such as the F-35 program.

I'm not sure many Vietnamese software engineers would want to work on such projects, as the tools and know-hows do not apply well to normal commercial projects where arguably there are more opportunities. Many US software programmers working on fighter and transport plane software projects found that their skills don't translate well to works in hot companies like Google, Apple or Facebook.

The US apparently wants to sell their high priced F35 stealth fighter to Vietnam as well, as part of “Buy American” campaign. "They will be able to use our equipment for maritime domain awareness, for maritime security ... that’s important for them," Kaidanow said, according to the Associated Press. "Our hope is [Vietnam] will consider American companies (not only) in defense but in other sectors as well."

The F-35s are simply too expensive for Vietnam. The Vietnamese ground forces need modernization as well. Wonders can be done with the cost of five F-35s. The estimated cost of $140 million apiece for the Air Force version would buy a lot of modern tanks or helicopter gunships.

Software developed for US weapon projects has to go through a very complex process that has security very high on the requirement checklist. While black box specification helps somewhat, it's still tough (if not impossible) for non-American programmers with little security clearance to bid for work on sensitive projects such as the F-35 program.t

I'm not sure many Vietnamese software engineers would want to work on such projects, as the tools and know-hows do not apply well to normal commercial projects where arguably there are more opportunities. Many US software programmers working on fighter and transport plane software projects found that their skills don't translate well to works in hot companies like Google, Apple or Facebook.

The F-35s are simply too expensive for Vietnam. The Vietnamese ground forces need modernization as well. Wonders can be done with the cost of five F-35s. The estimated cost of $140 million apiece for the Air Force version would buy a lot of modern tanks or helicopter gunships.
The latest price tag for F-35 is $80 million apiece with sinking tendency. If the US source parts from VN, the price would be much lower. Ok lower in theory. I know our aerospace is still at infancy. The Donald Trump administration funds the acquisition of UAV program Boeing ScanEagle for VN. We get almost for free.

But true, US weapons are expensive I expect we will just buy here and there a bit. Ok security concern is an issue.

a software coder in VN demands between 1,000 or 2,000 USD a month. Or a bit higher for high priced projects. Comparing to what you can earn in America and Europe up to 10,000 USD a month or even more that is dirty cheap.

South Korea, a country that is smaller in population and land mass, produces fighter jets, submarines and destroyers. I don’t see any reason why we don’t follow. But you are right VN needs more firepower at sea. Mighty frigates are a good start.

I have hoped Russia will assist.

The reason is the gap in technologies, you know it very well. South Korea is the famous "Asian tiger" while Viet Nam is a developing country.

The US apparently wants to sell their high priced F35 stealth fighter to Vietnam as well, as part of “Buy American” campaign. "They will be able to use our equipment for maritime domain awareness, for maritime security ... that’s important for them," Kaidanow said, to the Associated Press. "Our hope is [Vietnam] will consider American companies (not only) in defense but in other sectors as well."

But here is nothing about the will to sell F-35 to Vietnam. :-)

The U.S. recently transferred a Coast Guard Cutter as well as several unmanned aerial vehicles for maritime surveillance to Vietnam.

The link is not available... Do you have a subscription?

The reason is the gap in technologies, you know it very well. South Korea is the famous "Asian tiger" while Viet Nam is a developing country.

The link is not available... Do you have a subscription?
http://aviationweek.com/singapore-airshow-2018/top-us-diplomat-singapore-promote-buy-america

The official also highlighted the growing security relationship with Vietnam following the 2016 lifting of a lethal weapons ban. The U.S. recently transferred a Coast Guard National Security Cutter to the Vietnamese as well as several Boeing Insitu ScanEagle unmanned aerial vehicles for maritime surveillance.

“We are encouraging them to look beyond the U.S. grant assistance but also diversifying away from some of their typical suppliers . . . like the Russians,” the official said. “That would one, give them more capability but, two, help strengthen our partnership.”

https://www.defensenews.com/digital...xports-to-vietnam-decrease-russian-influence/

During a phone call with reporters Monday, Kaidanow said the U.S. relationship with Vietnam is improving, and she spoke about the administration’s desire to see more defense contracts between the two nations.

“As they move forward, it’s completely up to them as a sovereign country, how they go about acquiring their defense systems,” she said. “Certainly our hope is that they will consider American companies not just, by the way, in the defense sector but in other sectors as well where our trade issues are important for them to consider.”

In Indian media only. I've just tried to find the news in Vietnam media, but failed to find any.
And I do not trust Indian media, as usual. Some years ago, it barked about how India exports high tech products to Vietnam and imports raw materials from Vietnam, but in fact, it was vice versa according to official export-import data.

The Korean war made South Korea poor, endless wars made VN even poorer. But no reason to look back, we work harder to catch up. Selling F35 to VN is my own conclusion :D

In Indian media only. I've just tried to find the news in Vietnam media, but failed to find any.
And I do not trust Indian media, as usual. Some years ago, it barked about how India exports high tech products to Vietnam and imports raw materials from Vietnam, but in fact, it was vice versa according to official export-import data.
Vietnam importing raw material from India?

Which raw material Viet importing from India, when India herself importing raw materials from outside.

At that times, cotton was the biggest export items from India to VN. And cashew nut (raw material) have always been a big import item from India. But VN never export any raw material to India in big quantity as your media bragged.

The Korean war made South Korea poor, endless wars made VN even poorer. But no reason to look back, we work harder to catch up. Selling F35 to VN is my own conclusion :D
F35 are only for very close allies to the US only, anyway it will be too expensive for even a rich nation to buy and maintenance them (even with monetary help package). Canada get out of F35 because it was be too expensive for taxpayers and F18 Hornet is doing a decent good job for the price.

The US give donations first to the least offensive (or lethal) branch of VPA (which is the Coast guard....like open slowly a door to see reactions of everyone, then later move further up to other branches of VPA. The US already concluded that VN is the most reliable army to give a good fight and contain PLA ambition. Why USA have to fight China when you have a country like VN who is willing to fight? That's why they already drop Philippines out of that picture. Philippines army is notorious corrupted and incompetent (the military budget got big chunk lost by corruption every year). Just look at the battle of Marawi, it took them +5 months to kick out a few hundred lightly armed ISIS.

The next logic step will be no lethal donations like AWAC or transport planes or whatever for other VPA army branches. Then the lethal weaponry donations or cheap price will come like F16 or F18 or whatever. Personally I will love VN have F16 or F18 or even the A-10 Thunderbolt (soon-to-be-retire) or all of them, they are battle tested and reliable planes. VN have too many similar weaponry with PLA, which is not good because (like everyone know) PLA employ in mass number.

I will always remember 1-2 years ago, some people (mainly Chinese) in this forum laughing at the idea that VPA will get F-16 or US weaponry... Well it maybe a lot closer and VN will get for free or at cheap price... With US weaponry it will help VN to get a little bit more dangereous

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom