What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

At that times, cotton was the biggest export items from India to VN. And cashew nut (raw material) have always been a big import item from India. But VN never export any raw material to India in big quantity as your media bragged.

Thats all ?

I don't think any one bragging about India's import from Vietnam, or Indian export.

It might be looking like this to you , but in reality it is not.

A $5 billion dollar import in $400 billion look like what? 1.25%.

I don't think anyone bragging. No one is going to brag about 1.25%.

US Embassador to Vietnam, Dan Kritenbrink, and his family members in traditional dress to Tet. cooking banh Chung included. 50 years ago, the Tet offensive became the turning point of the Vietnam war.

7E2AB290-A6EA-4B4C-A740-971C4487FD32.png
2B0A6151-2ACE-4BFF-9F40-AEDA39E1A0E3.jpeg

Thats all ?

I don't think any one bragging about India's import from Vietnam, or Indian export.

It might be looking like this to you , but in reality it is not.

A $5 billion dollar import in $400 billion look like what? 1.25%.

I don't think anyone bragging. No one is going to brag about 1.25%.
Has India T54/T55 tanks in the inventory? India has large tank army, so Vietnam, I think both countries can cooperate in the field.

made in Vietnam new armor for T54/T55 tanks with 105 mm M68 cannon

upload_2018-2-11_14-58-29.png

upload_2018-2-11_14-59-12.png

the russians are late. did they want to deliver the T90 tanks end of 2017?

1051984870.jpg

Merkava 4 looks much more modern than T90. Maybe we can acquire later?

MerkIV-3_zpsb6f68c73.jpg

Well, I can't believe I live long enough to see this scene

American M-16s in a Fallen Soldiers ceremony on CSB 8020, an ex American Hamilton cutter. I thought SKS or AK would be more appropriate in these occasions.

27867589_1840619779570791_5565892783352119585_n.jpg

Has India T54/T55 tanks in the inventory? India has large tank army, so Vietnam, I think both countries can cooperate in the field.

made in Vietnam new armor for T54/T55 tanks with 105 mm M68 cannon

View attachment 453332
View attachment 453334

the russians are late. did they want to deliver the T90 tanks end of 2017?

1051984870.jpg

Merkava 4 looks much more modern than T90. Maybe we can acquire later?

MerkIV-3_zpsb6f68c73.jpg

Yes T-55, T-62 and Centurion are in reserve and some in War Wastage Reserve.

We tried to send some T-55 to Afghanistan, but I don't know what happened to that. I am pretty much pissed off with Indian FP.

Our most of FP is reactive instead of pro-active.

Yes T-55, T-62 and Centurion are in reserve and some in War Wastage Reserve.

We tried to send some T-55 to Afghanistan, but I don't know what happened to that. I am pretty much pissed off with Indian FP.

Our most of FP is reactive instead of pro-active.
there is a wide field in military industrial complex though where both countries can cooperate. India is much far ahead of Vietnam, be tanks or lets say building submarines. Aviet may think India is primitive in manufacturing, but it is not really the case.

ah a news: a recently issued Vietnamese government decree stipulates all foreign submarines must surface and hoist the country flag when crossing thru Vietnamese territorial waters.

Lets how can we enforce the rule with US nuclear submarines frequently crossing the South China sea or Japanese and Chinese submarines intruding our waters.

With the leaving of the last foreigner who assists Vietnam in operating the submarine fleet, all 6 Kilo attack submarines are combat ready, according to a Brigadier General of the Vietnamese Navy.

upload_2018-2-12_15-32-43.png

there is a wide field in military industrial complex though where both countries can cooperate. India is much far ahead of Vietnam, be tanks or lets say building submarines. Aviet may think India is primitive in manufacturing, but it is not really the case.

ah a news: a recently issued Vietnamese government decree stipulates all foreign submarines must surface and hoist the country flag when crossing thru Vietnamese territorial waters.

Lets how can we enforce the rule with US nuclear submarines frequently crossing the South China sea or Japanese and Chinese submarines intruding our waters.
This is not about Indian primitive manufacturing base.
Manufacturing base is all right, and high end manufacturing base will come as India grow.

But about Indian Foreign policy, the FP is not like we showing confidence or we going pro active. There is lot of things India can do with Vietnam.

Which India can offer, Vietnamese leadership not going to ask specific things, maybe because of lack of confidence in relationship or some other technicalities. That is upto India to directly bring Vietnam into circle.

I am not talking about weapons only BTW. But economics too, and also nuclear realm. This is not like Vietnam going to ask nuclear umbrella from India.

That is upto India to come up with plans like NATO sharing program. Then there are cyber, aeronautics , space- very important sector in today's world. There are lot of sectors in which India Vietnam can cooperate. But we moving pretty much slow.

I dont know the reason, even when China made her intentions clear, I dont know why we hesitating.

Su22 fighter jet as target exercise for AA guns

2E569DED-EDF1-4B4E-B5FE-4507506C554D.jpeg

Su30 fighter aircraft can carry R77 air-to-air missile that is capable to follow and destroy enemy stealth fighter planes.

485D2F3B-72B7-4EF2-A3D5-48E72D3FEB81.jpeg
88D99FF9-D7A8-43DE-BD67-9C89D4B9EC39.jpeg
526CD2D3-02E1-4286-B3D5-99695C5D4A87.jpeg
B522AD01-278A-45C2-BBF3-4B5D01A74B4A.jpeg

Repair & Maintenance Su22 jets

FFE3E211-39E7-4189-93F7-AE31B6DE4188.jpeg
07AD78AF-BB85-40E3-A7EE-23D41B7E0D7A.jpeg
FBF122E9-C797-43BC-A7A5-58B52D60C6B1.jpeg
F51B7D22-D6C4-4184-9AF9-6F74550254B3.jpeg

DA7E2255-6E1F-45E8-8978-8C55622C725A.jpeg

6D64DC7B-0533-43A9-A9CB-A20891C07AFA.jpeg
110BA77A-158B-4C7D-A184-ADD28314235C.jpeg

This is not about Indian primitive manufacturing base.
Manufacturing base is all right, and high end manufacturing base will come as India grow.

But about Indian Foreign policy, the FP is not like we showing confidence or we going pro active. There is lot of things India can do with Vietnam.

Which India can offer, Vietnamese leadership not going to ask specific things, maybe because of lack of confidence in relationship or some other technicalities. That is upto India to directly bring Vietnam into circle.

I am not talking about weapons only BTW. But economics too, and also nuclear realm. This is not like Vietnam going to ask nuclear umbrella from India.

That is upto India to come up with plans like NATO sharing program. Then there are cyber, aeronautics , space- very important sector in today's world. There are lot of sectors in which India Vietnam can cooperate. But we moving pretty much slow.

I dont know the reason, even when China made her intentions clear, I dont know why we hesitating.
I think both India and Vietnam hesitate although there is little reason for. Strengthening military capacity industrial complex is good for both sides. India trains for example Vietnamese submariners and fighter pilots.

We haven’t reached the point yet when we ask the United States or India for nuclear umbrella. I am not sure, either if we would reach a point in the future to arm ourselves with nuclear weapons. Some people may think going nuclear is difficult but you see in the case of North Korea, it is more difficult to make a good hybrid car than a nuclear bomb.

a Su30 with Mig21 (is it Su22?)

418A0DAA-2133-414A-ACCE-3280B8E75515.jpeg

I think both India and Vietnam hesitate although there is little reason for. Strengthening military capacity industrial complex is good for both sides. India trains for example Vietnamese submariners and fighter pilots.

We haven’t reached the point yet when we ask the United States or India for nuclear umbrella. I am not sure, either if we would reach a point in the future to arm ourselves with nuclear weapons. Some people may think going nuclear is difficult but you see in the case of North Korea, it is more difficult to make a good hybrid car than a nuclear bomb.

a Su30 with Mig21 (is it Su22?)

View attachment 453674
I am not talking about Vietnam starting any nuclear program. Hell, no.

Neither India going to transfer any nuclear technology because of there own commitments. What I am saying is India sharing nuclear weapons with Vietnam under a treaty.

And neither that need to be in control of Vietnamese Army, that only need to be on soil of Vietnam where Indian Strategic Force Command totally control them.

Thats how NATO sharing program works without violating NPT.

I am not talking about Vietnam starting any nuclear program. Hell, no.

Neither India going to transfer any nuclear technology because of there own commitments. What I am saying is India sharing nuclear weapons with Vietnam under a treaty.

And neither that need to be in control of Vietnamese Army, that only need to be on soil of Vietnam where Indian Strategic Force Command totally control them.

Thats how NATO sharing program works without violating NPT.
That is also the way how Germany cooperates with the United States on nuclear weapons on German soil. Germany Tornado bombers are trained to drop nuclear bombs, although the US retains control on the red button. Thinking the unthinkable.

We have uranium reserves. We have atomic programs. We have atomic research facilities. Development nuclear weapons or even thermo nuclear weapons is just...simple physics. If we reach a certain threshold in R&D, everything is a piece of cake.

We won’t let our enemy to round us and bring us to the gas chambers.

Let’s hope the nuclear option is just a theoretical thought. We can defend our country by conventional means.

WORLD NEWS
FEBRUARY 14, 2018 / 6:59 PM / UPDATED 13 HOURS AGO
Trump, Vietnam's Quang discuss Asia security: White House
Reuters Staff

1B9868EB-45E0-4FD2-A895-24365D0B2B7A.jpeg

U.S. President Donald Trump holds a meeting with members of Congress at the White House in Washington, U.S., February 14, 2018. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump spoke with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang on Wednesday, discussing the regional security situation, growing bilateral defense ties and trade, the White House said in a statement.

The phone call came ahead of a trip to Da Nang in March by the U.S. aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson, the first such visit by an American carrier since the Vietnam War and a dramatic sign of deepening military ties between the two countries.

Reporting by Susan Heavey; Writing by David AlexanderEditing by Chizu Nomiyama

Back
Top Bottom