What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Chinese Warships to Dock in Vietnam

HANOI—Three Chinese warships will dock Saturday at Vietnam’s strategic naval base at Cam Ranh Bay, three weeks after two U.S. naval vessels docked there for the first time since former wartime foes Hanoi and Washington normalized relations 21 years ago.

Vietnam has recently made the Cam Ranh Bay base available to visiting foreign naval vessels in an attempt to maintain a strong international presence in the South China Sea amid maritime disputes with China. Beijing has claimed nearly all the strategic waterway, conflicting with claims by Vietnam and other nations including Malaysia, the Philippines and Brunei.

The Chinese warships with 750 sailors on board will visit the base for four days, during which time they will hold exchange activities with Vietnamese navy sailors, Vietnamese state media reported Wednesday, citing the Department of Foreign Affairs of Khanh Hoa province, where the base is located.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-warships-to-dock-in-vietnam-1476878216

only here on PDF, and only here in VN military thread. has anyone ever asked why Philippines´ Durtete dumps America and embraces China?

a picture shows the Philippines Airlines plane carrying Durtete and his close circle on the trip to Vietnam last September. Guess who is the most important man/women to Durtete, the most influential person to him?

No, it is not the guy with dark sunglass, and sunshine is hardly visible in the plane :D

Neither the beauty sitting in the front :-)

It is the guy behind her: the Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go. in dark blue jacket with a sticker. if anyone who serves Duterte longest and closest, it is him, a grandson of a close friend of Duterte. nobody goes to Duterte without passing through Go. his name is Go, but it is a No-Go. at least for America.

Vietnam made medium range UHF acquisition radar VRS-2DM, based upon Soviet P-19 radar, especially designed to detect low flying targets. range 250km. first recruits are trained to operate the system.

1s-1476874003690-31-0-468-856-crop-1476874026860.jpg

untitled1-1475050122385-44-0-645-1179-crop-1475050156029.jpg

photo1475049388332-1475049388424.png

@GS Zhou

Do you know which Chinese warships will visit Vietnam tomorrow? I couldn't find any information, except they from the East Sea Fleet and not South Sea Fleet.

@GS Zhou

Do you know which Chinese warships will visit Vietnam tomorrow? I couldn't find any information, except they from the East Sea Fleet and not South Sea Fleet.

I guess two 054A frigates (529 Zhoushan, and 531 Xiangtan), and one Type 903 replenishment ship (890 Chaohu), will make the visit.

The three ships are on their way back to China, after they completed their Anti-Piracy duties in the Gulf of Aden. They just made a visit to Cambodia, and I guess Vietnam is the next destination.

Hope helpful.

I guess two 054A frigates (529 Zhoushan, and 531 Xiangtan), and one Type 903 replenishment ship (890 Chaohu), will make the visit.

The three ships are on their way back to China, after they completed their Anti-Piracy duties in the Gulf of Aden. They just made a visit to Cambodia, and I guess Vietnam is the next destination.

Hope helpful.
Please feel free posting pictures of Chinese warships here. I will do the same if pictures become available on viet media. Hopefully Chinese ship commanders allow visitors on board, making sightseeing tours. In doing so the viet people can enjoy and wildness how China makes great advances in warship building :D

Haven't heard any recent news of the sailship "Le Quy Don". Is the ship anywhere on a training voyage at sea?

20160311175351-sailing.jpg

anh-tau-huan-luyen-le-quy-don-cua-viet-nam-dong-buom-ra-khoi.jpg

anh-tau-huan-luyen-le-quy-don-cua-viet-nam-dong-buom-ra-khoi%2B%25281%2529.jpg

anh-tau-huan-luyen-le-quy-don-cua-viet-nam-dong-buom-ra-khoi%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom