What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I don't think the Philippines is a role model for anyone. It is just foolish to alienate a partner if this partner guarantees the security to the country, defending against external threats. But as said why should we care. I expect the Chinese will take over the seas and islands of them, like they have already taken over the economy of the Philippines. Sure, today we have a dispute with the Philippines over a part of the South China Sea, but I expect we will deal with the Chinese in the future.

We move on.

I don't think the Philippines is a role model for anyone.
Ha, you'd be surprised to know that many people in Vietnam are praising the Philippines for their "big mouth" toward China and "winning" in the PCA ruling, instead of keeping the mouth shut and actually doing stuff in the field like Vietnam. They keep screaming that Vietnam is a coward and must follow the Philippines footsteps.

Those ignorant people even hold parade to glorify the Philippines and denounce our Amred Forces, which is really grinding my gears.

Let post this news

Impressive firepower of twin Ak630 cannon on the new Molynia 382, 383: 10,000 rounds a minute combined.

hoan-thanh-nghiem-thu-cap-quan-chung-cap-tau-m5-m6_1273899.jpg

ngam-cap-tau-ten-lua-molniya-moi-tinh-cua-viet-nam-hinh-9.jpg

hoanh-trang-canh-tau-ten-lua-m5-m6-viet-nam-na-dan-bb-baaadGEikB.jpg

Let post this news

Impressive firepower of twin Ak630 cannon on the new Molynia 382, 383: 10,000 rounds a minute combined.

They should fit those twin Ak630 on a tank.

I have direct access to these supposedly "upgraded" aircraft. However, I was not allowed to take a look at the cockpit, only a walk around.

Maybe next time I will check it out too see then.

I’ve also read comments from a rep from Rosonboroexport saying that VN ordered the last few Su-30 with upgraded avionics/radars compared to the previous orders...so its still a mystery if these new upgrades are Russian based or Israeli based.

I’ve also read comments from a rep from Rosonboroexport saying that VN ordered the last few Su-30 with upgraded avionics/radars compared to the previous orders...so its still a mystery if these new upgrades are Russian based or Israeli based.
Considering we have 35 Su-30MK2Vs and 11 Su-27s, it's not too strange to try both offers from the Russian and Israeli.

The Russian could bring our Su-30MK2V up to Su-30MKI/SM standard, while the Israeli can integrate and allow compatibility between the Sukhoi fighters and Western weapon systems.

Considering we have 35 Su-30MK2Vs and 11 Su-27s, it's not too strange to try both offers from the Russian and Israeli.

The Russian could bring our Su-30MK2V up to Su-30MKI/SM standard, while the Israeli can integrate and allow compatibility between the Sukhoi fighters and Western weapon systems.

I used to hear that Israel supplied ECM equipment for the Su-30MK2s.

China and Vietnam pledge to set aside differences over South China Sea
china-territorial-disputes.jpg

China and Vietnam have vowed to set aside their differences over the South China Sea and instead strengthen bilateral ties. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said both the countries must work together to maintain 'peace and stability' to contain regional tensions.

Meeting Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc in Beijing on Monday (12 September), Li said the dispute over the hotly contested waters involved "national feelings" of Chinese and Vietnamese.

"China and Vietnam should work hard together, scrupulously abide by their high level consensus, maintain maritime stability, manage and control disputes, promote maritime cooperation, continue to accumulate consensus, jointly maintain maritime and regional peace and stability and create conditions for the stable development of bilateral ties," Reuters quoted Li as saying.

Phuc said Vietnam will approach issues with China in a peaceful manner and in a spirit of equality and mutual respect. He suggested that both sides prevent the maritime issue from casting a shadow over bilateral relations.

Visiting China for the first time as prime minister after a leadership reshuffle in Vietnam in July, Phuc said Hanoi will work to enhance political trust and cooperation with Beijing. Li said China will step up high-level exchanges and people-to-people contacts with Vietnam.

China and Vietnam have overlapping claims over some islands in the hotly contested waters. Hanoi had welcomed The Hague ruling over the territorial dispute in the case brought by the Philippines and called for a peaceful resolution. But it also affirmed its sovereign claims there.

china-vietnam-south-china-sea.jpg

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (R) and Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc have pledged to manage maritime differences between the two countries and enhance bilateral tiesREUTERS/Lintao Zhang/Pool
Despite several warnings from the US and countries in the Asia Pacific region, China has reinforced its claims over the disputed waters with constant patrolling by its coast guard ships near the Spratly Island and the Scarborough Shoals.

China is also conducting an eight-day-long massive joint military drill with Russia in the South China Sea saying it will focus on "seizing and controlling" of islands and shoals.

According to Reuters, Hanoi is in the middle of building its military base quietly, which analysts claim is designed as a preventive measure to secure its 200 nautical mile exclusive economic zone.

They should fit those twin Ak630 on a tank.
how do you want to put on tank? impossible. unless we develop a armor vehicle that can accommodate the Gatling gun. but actually the army has successfully developed a mobile version. a truck will tow it, like it does with other artillery pieces. once deployed, the guns will spit an incredible amount of steel projectiles on targets. as far as we can see in the pictures, the gun is remotely controlled. unmanned.

Vietnam made mobile 30mm Gatling gun

viet-nam-ban-thu-vu-khi-tu-san-xuat_4165351.jpg

viet-nam-ban-thu-vu-khi-tu-san-xuat_4164324.jpg

152mm howitzer
photo1464413256921-1464413256967.png

The AK-630M is limited to line-of-sight targets. I'd would prefer the BM-21M1 or artillery for that role.

The AK-630M is limited to line-of-sight targets. I'd would prefer the BM-21M1 or artillery for that role.
they have different roles, haven´t they?

AK630 is for close contact, while other for farther distance.

You think Russia allow Israeli to work on SUs directly ? No they won't.

Seems some progress is made in upgrading T54/T55 tanks to T55M3 series.

the 100mm main cannon is replaced by an israeli made M68/L7 105mm, that is capable to fire powerful armor piercing shell APFSDS. two Vietnam made machine guns 12.7mm and 7,62mm are installed. Blazer ERA provides more survivability, capable to withstand RPG-7. the upgrade is being supported by Israeli and Swiss defence companies. I cut out pictures from a video, hence the quality is bad.

tang-t55-viet-nam-ban-dan-xuyen-giap-va-trang-bi-era_14631761.jpg

upload_2016-9-14_11-47-39.png

upload_2016-9-14_11-48-9.png

upload_2016-9-14_11-48-32.png

upload_2016-9-14_11-49-14.png

upload_2016-9-14_11-49-46.png

upload_2016-9-14_11-56-11.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom