What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

exactly. what we need to know is the x-y coordinates of targets, be it a ship or airport, acquired by our spy aircraft, be it P-3 or Airbus AEW patrol planes. destroying targets by brahmos or our actual kalibre cruise missiles.
klub%2Bmissile.jpg

In the particular case of Brahmos working together with SU-30 and western ISR systems, it should be no problem at all since that's how India is also using it.

Now, if you want to use Russian anti ship missiles in a F-16 / 18, that's another story, you need to have the right technical information from both Russia and USA. USA would use the Russian missile info to interface the Russian missiles into the F-16 source code. Maybe @gambit can give us some feedback about how complicated that is or not.

If you need Israeli systems on a F-16 / 18, that's also no problem since Israel is already doing that.

Overkill. No, I don´t think we need to produce 3,000 missiles, waste of money and resources.

Though we need more missiles. Ba Son shipyard manufactures Molynia corvettes for the Navy till day. the shipyard is in the process of moving to a new location, with facilities capable to manufacture warships of 2,000 tons. a Molynia carries 16 missiles. Assuming the shipyard develops a new warship based upon Molniya, but with 2,000 tons instead of 560 tons displacement. such warship would carry 32 missiles.

http://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vi...-naval-vessels-with-new-shipyard-3402769.html

20160421-bao-nga-tau-ten-lua-molniya-viet-nam-an-dut-type-022-tq-nbsp-2.jpg

20160421-bao-nga-tau-ten-lua-molniya-viet-nam-an-dut-type-022-tq-nbsp-4.jpg

Looking at IN ships, 1500 ton Kora and 6200 ton Delhi classes still carry just 4x4.
What is the use of 32 AShM in one hull, other than concentrating much into a single target ;-)

In the particular case of Brahmos working together with SU-30 and western ISR systems, it should be no problem at all since that's how India is also using it.

Now, if you want to use Russian anti ship missiles in a F-16 / 18, that's another story, you need to have the right technical information from both Russia and USA. USA would use the Russian missile info to interface the Russian missiles into the F-16 source code. Maybe @gambit can give us some feedback about how complicated that is or not.

If you need Israeli systems on a F-16 / 18, that's also no problem since Israel is already doing that.
I don´t think it is feasible: russian weapons on american planes and vice versa. dealing with both US and Russia diplomatically is complicated enough, bringing both weapon systems of competing sharks together is an impossible task. no way.

gambit has a "difficult" view on Vietnam. I once argued with him on the Vietnam war. I gave up.

Looking at IN ships, 1500 ton Kora and 6200 ton Delhi classes still carry just 4x4.
What is the use of 32 AShM in one hull, other than concentrating much into a single target ;-)
our navy has less warships than our opponent, hence any ship should carry more. besides, it is for missile saturation attacks.

I don´t think it is feasible: russian weapons on american planes and vice versa. dealing with both US and Russia diplomatically is complicated enough, bringing both weapon systems of competing sharks together is an impossible task. no way.

gambit has a "difficult" view on Vietnam. I once argued with him on the Vietnam war. I gave up.

our navy has less warships than our opponent, hence any ship should carry more. besides, it is for missile saturation attacks.
In that case, I suggest using existing small container ships to back up your navy ships. Instant 'arsenal ships'

PHUC KHANH Container Ship
showphoto.aspx

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais.../mmsi:574002540/imo:9318905/vessel:PHUC_KHANH

Fitted out with container mounted Kh-35 Uran or 3M54E Club (can also be put on truck, train, any flat surface e.g. islands):
clubkbattery.jpg6c6a8161-d26a-4d66-bd93-db5bc1c77996Original.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Penguin, I like that container version. Cheap but effective. Protected against sunshine and curious eyes. 3,000 AShM need to be deployed somewhere. The Russians know, also, we defend their interest in the region :D

India plans to offer HAL’s Dhruv and LCH to Vietnam Published June 12, 2016 SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

B-DKqvjCQAArR9M.jpg:large
Supersonic BrahMos Cruise missile is not the only weapons system which India plans to Export to Vietnam well informed and highly reliable sources close to idrw.org and now Defence Ministry plans to allow HAL and DRDO officials to hold further talks with Vietnam officials to explore export of other defence weapons to Vietnam. State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) plans to revive previously held discussions with Vietnam officials on sale of Advanced Light Helicopter “Dhruv” Helicopters and also plans to offer Light Combat Helicopter which is still under development but lately has been generating lot of interest from various countries due to its cheaper price tags and its ability to perform exceptionally well in higher altitudes.

HAL also plans to explore the possibility of collaboration on training crews and supply of spares for Sukhoi Su-30MK2 fighter fleet operated by Vietnam . DRDO on other hand wants to offer indigenously developed Ground level radars , communication , Surveillance equipment along with many Naval Types of equipment developed by its associated labs for equipment in warships . India and Vietnam recently discussed the sale of Mobile Coastal Battery equipped with BrahMos missile for use against sea-based targets.
http://idrw.org/india-plans-offer-hals-dhruv-lch-vietnam/#more-98124 .

Last edited:
better to taking Mi-35 for attack roles, or Eurocopter Panther

The decisive Battle of Ban Me Thuot

the days that write history. after 2 years preparations, after a series of assaults on Southern Vietnamese Army since beginning of 1975, the 4th Corps of the North Vietnamese Army staged the final assault on Ban Me Thuot. 10th March. the town with highways connecting to its northern, eastern and southern provinces and airlines through Hoa Binh and Town’s airports was the economic, political, military and cultural centre of the Central Highlands.

The fall of Ban Me Thuot and the nearly total annihilation of the Southern Vietnamese II Army Corps sent a shock wave through the country, leading to an unthinkable, with the sentiment among the army and public: the end is coming. although the United States made the last effort to stabilze the front, the total collapse of the South Vietnamese Army was just a matter of time. so came the inevitable: the unconditional surrender of the government in April 30th 1975.

The battle decides the Vietnam war.

Though it is some time ago, I still remember of the days when our families along with all others packed our necessary personal belongings, fleeing to Saigon, hoping to escape the rapid advance of north vietnamese tanks.

North Vietnamese assault on Ban Me Thuot

1280px-HCMC2.jpg

163152200491.jpg

T-54_Ban_Me_Thuot.jpg

Last edited:
Ba Son shipyard

The actual naval shipyard Ba Son is located in Saigon. with buildings and warehouses dated back the Nguyen dynasty.

BbW68Rm.jpg

the new $890 million Ba Son naval shipyard will be located in Vung Tao, a more strategic place lying direct close the SC Sea. since September 2015 under construction, expected to be complete in early 2018. It will be capable of building naval vessels with displacement of 500 to 2,000 tons and providing repair services for naval ships with displacement of up to 5,000 tons, contructing transport vessels of up to 70,000 DWT and repair transport ships of up to 150,000 DWT.

bason.jpg

once the old Ba Son is moved out, the domestic property developer Vinhome develops the prime area into a place for people with deep pocket.

tong-quan.jpg
Hey viet, do u know if this shipyad is a modern one? I mean are they building these ships using advance technology?

India plans to offer HAL’s Dhruv and LCH to Vietnam Published June 12, 2016 SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

B-DKqvjCQAArR9M.jpg:large
Supersonic BrahMos Cruise missile is not the only weapons system which India plans to Export to Vietnam well informed and highly reliable sources close to idrw.org and now Defence Ministry plans to allow HAL and DRDO officials to hold further talks with Vietnam officials to explore export of other defence weapons to Vietnam. State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) plans to revive previously held discussions with Vietnam officials on sale of Advanced Light Helicopter “Dhruv” Helicopters and also plans to offer Light Combat Helicopter which is still under development but lately has been generating lot of interest from various countries due to its cheaper price tags and its ability to perform exceptionally well in higher altitudes.

HAL also plans to explore the possibility of collaboration on training crews and supply of spares for Sukhoi Su-30MK2 fighter fleet operated by Vietnam . DRDO on other hand wants to offer indigenously developed Ground level radars , communication , Surveillance equipment along with many Naval Types of equipment developed by its associated labs for equipment in warships . India and Vietnam recently discussed the sale of Mobile Coastal Battery equipped with BrahMos missile for use against sea-based targets.
http://idrw.org/india-plans-offer-hals-dhruv-lch-vietnam/#more-98124 .

idrw isnt a good source, ignore it.

There is no need to actually have the source code, just need some technical information that comes from the party that has the source code, Russia. Different platforms need to use the same communication protocols and need to exchange information. For example, a C-295 AWACS needs to be able to guide a Brahmos launched from A SU-30 to target, so that requires that all those different systems can interface together.
Most corporations demand source code access for many reasons, with the primary one being that in case the original software provider is no longer interested in or not capable of supporting the software, at least they have the options of finding ways to make such systems last a bit longer. With multi-million dollar (or in defense, multi-billion dollar) investment, no one wants to be the victim of a software vendor that goes bankrupt. By then it's too late to get hold of the software.

Hey viet, do u know if this shipyad is a modern one? I mean are they building these ships using advance technology?
little is known what technology will be utilized at the new Ba Son shipyard at Vung Tao. all we know is the sum of investment ($890 million), building warships of 2,000 tons, transport vessels of 70,000 tons, capable to repair transport ships of up to 150,000 tons. the last is especially interesting, because such heavy tonnage hints to aircraft carriers. start of operation in early 2018. we may know more facts and figures in the times to come.

upload_2016-6-13_10-2-33.png

by the way, Vietnam shipbuilding industry is on the rise, after years of painful decline. collapse of Vinashin. for example, last month, the May, if you look at the statistic. a total of 38 orders equivalent to 1.06 million CGT (Compensated Gross Tonnage) were placed. Vietnam is at third place. I think it is not too bad.

Germany 590,000 CGT
Rumanian 140,000 CGT
Vietnam 90,000 CGT
China 80,300 CGT
Japan 77,000 CGT
South Korea 40,000 DWT

once dominating the world in shipbuilding, the south Koreans suffer a heavy blow. especially the shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries’ receives zero order.

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/industry/14883-first-sixth-south-korea’s-shipbuilding-industry-losing-its-competitive-edge

Last edited:
A closer look of a Kh-35 quad launcher. There are news about some variant of both the launcher and the missiles for special purpose.

13412161_953943551395272_2040840558731487057_o.jpg

little is known what technology will be utilized at the new Ba Son shipyard at Vung Tao. all we know is the sum of investment ($890 million), building warships of 2,000 tons, transport vessels of 70,000 tons, capable to repair transport ships of up to 150,000 tons. the last is especially interesting, because such heavy tonnage hints to aircraft carriers. start of operation in early 2018. we may know more facts and figures in the times to come.

View attachment 310131

by the way, Vietnam shipbuilding industry is on the rise, after years of painful decline. collapse of Vinashin. for example, last month, the May, if you look at the statistic. a total of 38 orders equivalent to 1.06 million CGT (Compensated Gross Tonnage) were placed. Vietnam is at third place. I think it is not too bad.

Germany 590,000 CGT
Rumanian 140,000 CGT
Vietnam 90,000 CGT
China 80,300 CGT
Japan 77,000 CGT
South Korea 40,000 DWT

once dominating the world in shipbuilding, the south Koreans suffer a heavy blow. especially the shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries’ receives zero order.

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/industry/14883-first-sixth-south-korea’s-shipbuilding-industry-losing-its-competitive-edge

Vietnam as the No.3 shipbuilding country? Fantastic!

But why don't you look at the figures of longer period of time to understand how tiny Vietnam is on the global shipbuilding market?

New contracts volume by regions
source: Clarksons (May 2016 publication)
123456.jpg

What's more, the Vietnam shipbuilding industry is almost fully controlled by Korean company. Hyundai Vinashin, the shipyard owned by Hyundai Group, contributes 79% of total orderbook of the Vietnam shipbuilding industry (1.496/1.9 = 79%)

If the deterioration of the shipbuilding industry in Korea continues, do you think the Korean guys will be happy to continue to put the work outside Korea? Or you think the Korean guys put the interests of Vietnam firstly?

Data on Hyundai Vinashin
Hyundai Vietnam.jpg

Orderbook of Vietnam, by types
Orderbook.jpg

Vietnam as the No.3 shipbuilding country? Fantastic!

But why don't you look at the figures of longer period of time to understand how tiny Vietnam is on the global shipbuilding market?

New contracts volume by regions
View attachment 310150

What's more, the Vietnam shipbuilding industry is almost fully controlled by Korean company. Hyundai Vinashin, the shipyard owned by Hyundai Group, contributes 79% of total orderbook of the Vietnam shipbuilding industry (1.496/1.9 = 79%)

If the deterioration of the shipbuilding industry in Korea continues, do you think the Korean guys will be happy to continue to put the work outside Korea? Or you think the Korean guys put the interests of Vietnam firstly?

Data on Hyundai Vinashin
View attachment 310151

Orderbook of Vietnam, by types
View attachment 310152
thanks. that proves again the point, I states previously in other thread, China is the best of the bests. Congrat.

Back
Top Bottom