What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

how realistic were these "scenarios"?
Realistic as realistic it could be...

http://forum.keypublishing.com/archive/index.php/t-119608.html

well, I´m not as a military expert as you but I assume any weapon if operating alone is vulnerable to enemy firepower from ground, sea, air...
I never said I was an expert and your assumption is of an obvious fact, US learned the lesson in Poland and Iraq confirmed it that Apache is a failure for what it was created to do which is Deep Attack aka bomber tactics deep behind enemy lines world war 2 mindset somehow US military thought it will work.

if you send tanks into battlefields without infantry and air support, those tanks would quickly turn to expensive scrap metal. so helicopters, fighter jets or even aircraft carriers. I don´t see any wrong in there if we acquire Apache or other attack helicopters. we haven´t have any attack submarines until recently.
Apache is overrated and it would be better if you rather buy more modern tanks like T-90 rather than depend on modernized T-55's...

you should keep in mind, our army has high percentage of russian made weapons (93%) imported from Russia, or produced domestically by russian licence. so the chinese army. they have russian made weapon systems, and derivates of. ok, they have developed a sophisticated military complex. Their dependency on Russia is much less.
...and your leaders should strive for to be less depended and more self sustainable. You have the economy and budget to buy technology, buy from Ukranians or Argentinians designs to build long range rockets, send satelites to have surveilance of your land from space to be equal with chinese. Information is power after all.

Plus the chinese can field more men than the entire vietnamese population, having more weapons than their soldiers can carry, possessing more money they can spend.
Growth of Vietnamese economy is greater than Chinese in percentage, Chinese population is getting older and is shrinking while its opposite for your country, the gap is shrinking and Chinese can't deploy all professional soldiers in war against Vietnam.

so what is our response?

within our very limited resources, we must have something in stocks that give us a military edge over the PLA, should it come to a physical confrontation. Our navy is weaker. So it is wise to escalate the battles to land, where our real strength lies. It is a safe bet the Chinese would send more than several hundreds tanks they fielded in the 1979 land war. Haven't they more than 10,000 tanks today?
Do you think they would deploy all of them, realistically? Look, T-55 is outdated and upgrades that were done won't help much, you need more up to date tanks that have auto loaders thus one crew less is needed to have a fully operational tank. For that one guy per tank less allocated you could have more people to man more tanks or more infantry men... Get ASW helicopters if you don't have them already, get smaller less detectable submarines, drones that are capable for firing guided missiles, etc... It is all obvious.

A thing the Chinese should take it into their strategic calculus, as history shows it: a war between Vietnam and China would always drag in our immediate neighbors Laos and Cambodia. and with a bit delay Thailand. Other Great powers as Russia, America, Japan and India would not sit idle if China starts aggression in attacking Vietnam. Our counter strategy must be a quick escalation, internationalizing the war.
For that to happen, your military needs endurance to drag out the conflict for others to be able to respond or otherwise get conquered and you are left on your own...

I am ware of the fact, if Vietnam possessing US weapon systems or formal or informal military alliance with Washington will be another step on the escalation ladder. but the Chinese have no reason to blame us. it is them that seek confrontation.
The more reason you don't make it easy for them... First you must make your blade equally edged as your opponets, it is foolish to have one razor sharp edge and one blunt edge that is utterly useless. That is why I suggested a 5.56 for assault rifle to be on equal playing field, a boxer with longer arms will more likely to win that a short armed one even if his punches are only a bit stronger up close, but not bone crushing as more precise blows by the other..

They still roaming the sea till today :)
Thoee subs were produced in my country. North Korean subs are based on Yugoslavian technology which was primarily developed on territory of my cohntry whoch made subs since world war one.

Vietnam Is Getting a Mach 3 Missile—Much to China's Chagrin
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a21137/the-worlds-fastest-anti-ship-missile-vietnam/?ref=yfp

India is ready to sell the world's fastest anti-ship cruise missile to Vietnam. The BrahMos uses ramjet engine technology to achieve speeds of up to Mach 3, making it a deadly addition to Vietnam's arsenal.

BrahMos was developed jointly by India and Russia, its name a mashup of the Brahmaputra and Moscow Rivers. The missile was developed through the 1990s and early 2000s from the Russian P-800 Oniks anti-ship missile. It is in service with the Indian Armed Forces.

This is the fastest low-altitude missile in the world. The missile has two stages. The first, consisting of a solid-fuel rocket, accelerates BrahMos to supersonic speeds. The second stage, a liquid-fueled ramjet, accelerates the weapon to Mach 2.8.

BrahMos flies as low 32 feet above the wavetops, making it what's known as a "sea skimmer." This, combined with its blistering speed, makes BrahMos very difficult to intercept: most warships will detect the missile only as it crests the horizon at a distance of 16 miles, giving them just 28 seconds to track and shoot down this hotrod of a missile.

Land and ship-based versions of the missile have a range of 180 miles and pack a 440-lb. warhead. The aircraft-based version is even bigger, with a range of 310 miles and 660-lb. warhead. Even without a warhead, at Mach 3 BrahMos would impart tremendous kinetic energy on its target. In 1987, an Exocet missile slammed into the frigate USS Stark and, although the warhead failed to explode, the missile still did considerable damage to the ship.

One country that won't be happy about this deal? China. China and Vietnam are longstanding rivals who fought a brief shooting war in 1979 and have active territorial disputes in the South China Sea. If the two countries ever come to blows again, BrahMos would give China's admirals real pause.

Via USNI News

Goodluck with your new project bro.

Hope to see you back here soon.

Thanks, I am still looking around at this moment........ :D

The post is to inform other members that I might not reply fast anymore or maybe not replying in several months, depending on my latest decision about my activity in here.

If the project end up with satisfactory result, I may come back, but actually nowadays I prefer talking about private things, more personal thing like business stuff. Maybe we can start a thread talking about what we can help to each other in term of business opportunity just like what @BoQ77 did some time ago.

As we know MEA is starting so our relation in here can be used for more productive means in relation to our private life. What I do now is more on service business and I would like to focus on it for sometimes so cannot do other thing at the moment, but if the opportunity is there I might thinking about goods trading, maybe next year. There is new Japanese member that I forget the name who has similar interest on it (capitalizing our relation in here into more business oriented)

Please tag me there if you guys start a Thread about that.

:cheers:

Thanks, I am still looking around at this moment........ :D

The post is to inform other members that I might not reply fast anymore or maybe not replying in several months, depending on my latest decision about my activity in here.

If the project end up with satisfactory result, I may come back, but actually nowadays I prefer talking about private things, more personal thing like business stuff. Maybe we can start a thread talking about what we can help to each other in term of business opportunity just like what @BoQ77 did some time ago.

As we know MEA is starting so our relation in here can be used for more productive means in relation to our private life. What I do now is more on service business and I would like to focus on it for sometimes so cannot do other thing at the moment, but if the opportunity is there I might thinking about goods trading, maybe next year. There is new Japanese member that I forget the name who has similar interest on it (capitalizing our relation in here into more business oriented)

Please tag me there if you guys start a Thread about that.

:cheers:

Hey @Indos : what's your main business ?
Where can I reach you, Jakarta ?

Last edited:
Hey @Indos : what's your main business ?
Where can I reach you, Jakarta ?

edited

I like your idea mate. I am also thinking about business opportunity when TPP, AEC kicks in.

But lets not give too much personal details here. I prefer we discuss these more personal business things on another platform. Maybe we can all create fake fb accounts and create a fb group/community just for the purpose you described where its totally seperate from politics, etc.

I will talk more later, dont have much time right now...if other members are interested they can commemts their idea.

Good Idea. I am into it, but maybe next year, not this year.

Last edited:
Does it need any special registration to be an imp/export company in Indonesia ?

Man, please edit my post there as I want to erase it later....

Only a license if one already has a company. In Indonesia current regulation, a registered company can do many thing, so we dont need to make another company for that. Today, it is much easier to process such thing like that in Indonesia.

@BoQ77

Yup, Jakarta.

Last edited:
I like your idea mate. I am also thinking about business opportunity when TPP, AEC kicks in.

But lets not give too much personal details here. I prefer we discuss these more personal business things on another platform. Maybe we can all create fake fb accounts and create a fb group/community just for the purpose you described where its totally seperate from politics, etc.

I will talk more later, dont have much time right now...if other members are interested they can commemts their idea.

PM me your email. We can talk about business.

Bob Kerrey’s War Record Fuels Debate in Vietnam on His Role at New University
By RICHARD C. PADDOCKJUNE 2, 2016

01VIETNAM-web1-master768.jpg

Former Senator Bob Kerrey, board chairman of the new Fulbright University Vietnam, being presented with the school’s license during a ceremony in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, last month. Credit United States State Department

BANGKOK — The appointment of former Senator Bob Kerrey to lead a new American-backed university in Vietnam has set off a sharp debate among Vietnamese over whether he should be disqualified because of his part in killing women and children as a Navy SEAL during the Vietnam War.

“While the Vietnamese are willing to let bygones be bygones,” Ton Nu Thi Ninh, Vietnam’s former ambassador to the European Union, said by email, “the decision to appoint Bob Kerrey to be chairman of the board of the first American-style university in Vietnam strikes me as insensitive to the Vietnamese at best, and taking us for granted at worst.”

The university, Fulbright University Vietnam, the first independent, private university in Vietnam, made news after President Obama announced its opening during a visit to Vietnam last week.

Mr. Kerrey admitted 15 years ago that he and the team of commandos he led in the Mekong Delta in 1969 killed innocent women and children during a midnight raid in the village of Thanh Phong. Survivors of the attack said 20 civilians were killed, including 13 children and a pregnant woman. Mr. Kerrey was awarded a Bronze Star after his squad falsely reported that it had killed 21 Viet Cong guerrillas.

Mr. Kerrey was silent about the slaughter for more than three decades until The New York Times and CBS News were on the verge of publishing a joint investigation in 2001.

“It was not a military victory,” Mr. Kerrey acknowledged in speech then. “It was a tragedy, and I had ordered it.”

“I have been haunted by it for 32 years,” he said.

The discussion of Mr. Kerrey’s war history — which has bubbled up in posts on Facebook and in articles at online news portals — threatens to reopen old wounds from what is known in Vietnam as the American War. About three million people died in the war, including more than 58,000 Americans.

VIETNAM2-master315.jpg

Bob Kerrey during Navy SEAL training before combat in Vietnam.

Mr. Kerrey was later wounded on another mission and lost part of a leg. He and his raiders were never held to account for the killings.

Kerrey served as Nebraska’s governor and senator, ran for president in 1992, and retired from elective office in 2000. He served as president of the New School, a university in New York City, from 2001 to 2010.

Bao Anh Thai, a lawyer in Ho Chi Minh City, said that leading a university was not the proper place for a man with Mr. Kerrey’s war record.

“Please tell me the name of any prestigious university in this world, where a killer in cold blood of women and children — he admitted it and he is not charged for it — could be the president,” he wrote on Facebook.

“It is not about the Vietnam War, it is not about reconciliation between the two countries, it is a common sense of education. Would you send your children to a university like that?”

Nguyen Duc Hien, a journalist at a legal newspaper in Ho Chi Minh City, noted that Mr. Kerrey kept quiet about the atrocities for more than 30 years and only spoke publicly about them when journalists forced his hand.

“After killing and lying, he should not represent knowledge and contributing the values of America in Vietnam!” Mr. Hien wrote on Facebook.

“I welcome Fulbright, but America has no shortage of people to choose as a representative for America.”
Others were more willing to let Mr. Kerrey atone for his actions by helping the country.

“Give him a chance to correct his mistake by doing something useful for the Vietnamese people with his new job,” said Thao Dan, a literature teacher in Haiphong.

But Nguyen Van Tho, a writer and a veteran of the war, said there was a difference between forgiving and forgetting.

“If I had a chance to meet Bob Kerrey, I would still welcome him,” he said on Facebook. “I want to forgive and forget all the pain of war. People can forgive soldier Bob Kerrey but people are not allowed to forget all the killing of innocent civilians. That is a crime the world should condemn forever.”

Air Force One

a piece of information about the symbol of a superpower

air_force_one_1280x436.jpg

- 2 x Boeing 747-200B series aircraft, which carry the tail codes 28000 and 29000

- 4x General Electric jet engines, and can move at top speed of about 1,126km per hour, at height of 45,100 feet while similar commercial 747s fly at about 30,000 feet. ready to travel anywhere in the world on a moment’s notice.

- a full tank can take the plane half way around the world. with mid-air refuelling it can stay up in the air indefinitely.

- emblazoned with the words "United States of America," the American flag, and the Seal of the US President

- Multi-frequency radios for air-to-air, air-to-ground and satellite communications. Onboard electronics are hardened to protect against an electromagnetic pulse

- secure communications equipment, allowing the aircraft to function as a mobile command center in the event of an attack on the United States.

- the plane is said having thermo-radiation shields, capable to withstand nuclear blasts. a five miles long cable out of the back enables the Air Force One to communicate with US nuclear submarines.

- wherever he goes and stays, as Commander-in-Chief on the Air Force One, the US president has the power to unleash nuclear weapons in an event of a nuclear exchange.

During Barack Obama visit to Vietnam, Skypec, Vietnam Air fuel service, was chosen to refuel Air Force One (and Marine One). the whole process from taking fuel from storage, transporting, labor tests and refuelling the aircraft were supervised and monitored by the US Secret Service. the tank trucks were guarded by a team of US Special Forces days and nights.

Skypec meeting with representatives of U.S Embassy in Hanoi and U.S Secret Services
sky1.png

Air Force One in Vietnam
sky11.png

sky5.png

sky6.png

sky8.png

sky7.png

sky10.png

Thoee subs were produced in my country. North Korean subs are based on Yugoslavian technology which was primarily developed on territory of my cohntry whoch made subs since world war one.
if your country develops or produces attack submarines similar to the Kilo class, please feel free and offer to Vietnam. thanks to Heaven, India government has finally approved selling Mach-3 brahmos cruise missiles. though they can be fired from ship, land, air and submarine, but the last one is especially interesting. what we need is a firing platform in form of submarines. with a special design to accommodate the brahmos.

BrahMos%20missile_0.jpg

13425_thumb_385x370.jpg

Last edited:
if your country develops or produces attack submarines similar to the Kilo class, please feel free and offer to Vietnam. thanks to Heaven, India government has finally approved selling Mach-3 brahmos cruise missiles. though they can be fired from ship, land, air and submarine, but the last one is especially interesting. what we need is a firing platform in form of submarines. with a special design to accommodate the brahmos.

BrahMos%20missile_0.jpg

13425_thumb_385x370.jpg

Can launch them from torpedo tubes.

really? did not know that. if our Kilo fire the missiles from the tubes, then the Navy should order 6 more subs.

How do you think the Kilos can launch the Kalibr missiles?

really? did not know that. if our Kilo fire the missiles from the tubes, then the Navy should order 6 more subs.

The missile is in a canister; the canister goes to the surface and that's when the missile fires from the canister, the missiles never touches the water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom