What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

New guns , same magazine and ammo

Attachments

• Troops resting with Gali under barrel M203.jpg
    Troops resting with Gali under barrel M203.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 84
A mission shield maybe useful for several missiles incoming ... not 100% intercept dozens flying to the airport. Building airport too close to sino-vietnam border equal to put ur jets under observation by PLA air-defence radars deployed in GuangXi also under fire range of HQ-9 LRSAM / HQ-16 MRSAM when they just take off, just as i said the jet never faster than 4-mach missile. BTW the mission shield can't easily intercept MLRS rockets and DF ballistic missiles launched from GuangXi (> 200km range), if the runway near border destroyed those jets just become static targets on the ground.

On the other hand, the S-300 not some secret weapon for China also exported S-300MPU from Russia ... PLA is familiar with these performances of Su27, Su30, Kilo, S-300, Russian weapon not the threat for China.

Hey genius @cnleio why you still think the VPA will deploy jetfighters near China border? We all know a missile shied can't intercept 100% incoming flying objects, another genius comment from you...Israeli Iron Dome is at most 80% success rate. But why Viet Nam will waste it little resource to shot down missiles? If Viet Nam can take that 7 millions tons of bombs during the Vietnam war, it can surely take some Chinese bombs. Viet nam airforce is no match against PLA airforce, but Viet Nam will use the same strategy against USA....have a huge multi layer of AAA & missiles and have jetfighters lay low (far away from the border, of course!!!) and go out once in a while fight enemy airplanes (just to remind PLA that extra threat)... Ha Noi during Viet Nam war was the most heavily anti-aircraft city in the history of the world. So Vietnam have tons of experience in anti-aircraft defenses and the use of jetfighters during conflict. Anyway, PLA will never invade Viet Nam,because it's way too costy for too little gains. Those mountainous on the border will be a deadly trap to any troop. So we all know China want is to invade those Spratly islands and sit on them like a fait accompli and protect their gains. By the way, PLA may be familar with the SU, S300 and kilo but the real problem is to find where VPA deploy them. So to say those weapons are no threat to China is just another genius comment from you, congrats @cnleio!!

Satellites

Hanoi on January 12. Preparing the launch of putting three more remote sensing satellites, VNREDSat-2, LOTUSat-1 and 2 into the orbit. Representatives of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and the Radio Frequency Department shake hands after exchanging a cooperation agreement. these satellites can make high resolution images on the earth surface. interesting not only good for civil but defence purposes.

20160114173638-te1.jpg

LOTUSat 1, 2 are based on the japanese ASNARO 2 satellite. The first satellite will be built in Japan by NEC, while the second is to be built in Vietnam. X-band Radar (12.5 - 8 GHz), Imaging radar (SAR), powered by 2 deployable solar arrays, batteries. Vegetation land accuracy.

asnaro-2__1.jpg

VNREDSat-2 is likely to be built by Airbus Defence, like the first one: VNREDSat-1: weight 130-kg, sun-synchronous 700 km over the earth surface, taking images with a resolution of 2.5 meters in multispectral mode (4 bands).
vnredsat-1.jpg

Red River, Hanoi (Vietnam)
vnredsat-1_hanoi.jpg

Melbourne (Australia)
vnredsat-1_melbourne.jpg

IMPRESSIVE!!

IMPRESSIVE!!

Just another element coming together for the Surveillance, targeting and air defense network. Step by step.

Hey genius @cnleio why you still think the VPA will deploy jetfighters near China border? We all know a missile shied can't intercept 100% incoming flying objects, another genius comment from you...Israeli Iron Dome is at most 80% success rate. But why Viet Nam will waste it little resource to shot down missiles? If Viet Nam can take that 7 millions tons of bombs during the Vietnam war, it can surely take some Chinese bombs. Viet nam airforce is no match against PLA airforce, but Viet Nam will use the same strategy against USA....have a huge multi layer of AAA & missiles and have jetfighters lay low (far away from the border, of course!!!) and go out once in a while fight enemy airplanes (just to remind PLA that extra threat)... Ha Noi during Viet Nam war was the most heavily anti-aircraft city in the history of the world. So Vietnam have tons of experience in anti-aircraft defenses and the use of jetfighters during conflict. Anyway, PLA will never invade Viet Nam,because it's way too costy for too little gains. Those mountainous on the border will be a deadly trap to any troop. So we all know China want is to invade those Spratly islands and sit on them like a fait accompli and protect their gains. By the way, PLA may be familar with the SU, S300 and kilo but the real problem is to find where VPA deploy them. So to say those weapons are no threat to China is just another genius comment from you, congrats @cnleio!!

Well said man. Vietnam is concentrating its resources in the areas where it can make a difference and anyway, not all defensive elements are familiar to China. The upcoming deployment of Spyder and SAMP/T will be new systems for china to deal with and they are very effective.

Race around the world

if nobody minds, I continue posting about the race around the world. 40,000 miles in length, the clipper race takes 11 months to complete, making it the world’s longest ocean adventure. and VN as sponsor of danang yacht and host sea port, is virtually a part of the race.

and now...the moment has come, the race starts for Vietnam. 4,310 nautical miles. Starting point Airlie Beach (Australia), estimated to take around 31 days, expected arrival: 17-21 February at Da Nang. This race will test the navigation skills of the teams as they try to work out the best route through the remote communities in Papua New Guinea and into the Pacific Ocean for the first time, before heading to the South China Sea. On the approach to Vietnam, the fleet will take advantage of the north east monsoon winds.

carlosa, don´t forget to take some pictures when the yacht arrives at your home town :-)

http://www.mysailing.com.au/offshore/clipper-fleet-leaves-airlie-beach-bound-for-Vietnam

-Da-Nang-leads-parade-IMG_05751_0DC34EC0-BDB2-11E5-B8ED06D2A7336F53.jpg

Da-Nang-on-water-IMG_05621_07FC6D00-BDB2-11E5-B8ED06D2A7336F53.jpg

Last edited:

Hey champion @William Hung ! What your point of putting that shitty J10 pic in a Viet Nam forum? Are you trying to intimidate people in this forum with that zero battle-tested J10,[/USER]!

Just another element coming together for the Surveillance, targeting and air defense network. Step by step.

Well said man. Vietnam is concentrating its resources in the areas where it can make a difference and anyway, not all defensive elements are familiar to China. The upcoming deployment of Spyder and SAMP/T will be new systems for china to deal with and they are very effective.
Exactly @Carlosa. Viet Nam is doing a pretty good job so far with it limited resources. By the way, I use to read (only) in the old forum, you and silent knight were pretty good. I only start t be active in this forum because a lot of Chinese guys with zero military experience try to say a lot of crappy stuff and intimidate people.

Last edited:
My bad, it a freaky Eurofighter....they look so alike, Sorry @William Hung . I though you are one of those Chinese guys that always try to provoke us. Im not so good with planes, more into infantry stuffs

My bad, it a freaky Eurofighter....they look so alike, Sorry @William Hung . Im not so good with planes, more into infantry stuffs

Hahah no problem.

I would like to know...those devices that see through walls, that Vietnam just bought last year...is that for the military or civilian police force?

See through wall ?............like x-ray or something ? The police do have this CornerShot to see and shoot around the wall though

Attachments

• Cornershot with a CZ 75.jpg
    Cornershot with a CZ 75.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 52
Hey champion @William Hung ! What your point of putting that shitty J10 pic in a Viet Nam forum? Are you trying to intimidate people in this forum with that zero battle-tested J10,[/USER]!

Exactly @Carlosa. Viet Nam is doing a pretty good job so far with it limited resources. By the way, I use to read (only) in the old forum, you and silent knight were pretty good. I only start t be active in this forum because a lot of Chinese guys with zero military experience try to say a lot of crappy stuff and intimidate people.

Thank you man. I very much like your opinions also. Yeah, its too bad about the old MP forum, there were a lot of high caliber people there.

The truth is, Vietnam is doing great considering the limited resources, it gets a lot of bang for the dollar. The only area where things are not working out is surface ships. Between the debacle of the old programs that got canceled and the never ending delays to get Russian ships and the suspension of the Sigma program, its taking forever to get a decent fleet.

I don't know, just my opinion, but I think the only type of ship that is worth to deploy in the islands would be small but fast missile boats and it has to be in a decent number (anything bigger would be dead on arrival in case of conflict), but I don't see any news on boats like that for Vietnam. I do know Vietnam will buy some fast boats from India, but I don't know if they will carry missiles. What's your take on that? The reason why I say small, fast missile boats is because they are easy and quick to deploy and move in and out. Difficult to detect but packing a decent missile punch, they can do some serious damage. If they get lost, the expense is low.

USA did a lot of war games simulating the threat of those Iranian missile boats attacking one of their carrier battle groups in the Persian gulf (very small boats carrying just 2 missiles each and very, very fast). All those war games and simulations always ended up the same way, those missile boats sink the American ships. I think there are good lessons from Vietnam there.

See through wall ?............like x-ray or something ? The police do have this CornerShot to see and shoot around the wall though

This one...well not exactly “see through” but detects and locates people behind walls:

GPR-DETECTOR RO-900

RO-900 is a small, portable device designed to locate people hidden behind reinforced concrete, brick and multi ply walls. The device allows its operators to quickly receive crucial information about location, distance and movement of a given target.

It also can detect someone breathing, which makes it especially useful during search and rescue operations; for example in the case of an earthquake or other destructive natural disasters.

The "RO-900's portable and miniature size makes it highly functional and extremely easy to operate in almost in any situation.

eng.png

Features

・ Locates people behind several reinforced concrete walls of up to 0.6 meters thick and

multi‐layer building constructions

・ Detects movement of people through several walls or/and other types of

obstacles in real time

・ up to 14 meter detection range

・ User‐friendly interface

DETECTION RANGE
Detection range by move through brick walls of 0,4m thick - not less than 11 m

Detection range by breath through brick walls of 0,3m thick - up to 5m

mSc8CPqEAxtWgwvSpH1YbI8C33BB5qlVcIkPaSezzPSQB3o1vCo4P9yCklobdwj1KEpNBkRxQuBwHmh91OgdaDNVCLwrAOzEilcBqw=w512-h288-nc

Both Vietnam and China have bought them.

How much does it cost? I want to buy one in case I ever get a cute girl housemate.

Vietnam to Pick Leaders as Loyalty to Neighbor China Fades
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-17/vietnam-to-pick-new-leaders-as-loyalty-fades-to-neighbor-china?cmpid=yhoo.headline&ref=yfp
750x-1.jpg

When Vietnam starts the process of picking its new leadership this month, the Communist Party is set for a tense behind-the-scenes debate: Opt for officials who want to preserve ties with neighbor China, or for those who would steer the country closer to the U.S.

The once-in-five-years political transition comes as the country finds itself balancing its Communist loyalty and economic dependence on China with increasing concern about that nation’s behavior over islands they both claim in the South China Sea. The tension has seen Vietnam gravitate toward the U.S., with the warming of military ties and Vietnam’s involvement in the U.S.-led Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact.

So far there’s little public indication who will end up in what post in the shuffling that takes place with the party congress starting Jan. 20. Political jockeying in Vietnam, which occasionally spills onto the Internet as candidates disparage each other via anonymous or surrogate postings, remains largely opaque.

One of the biggest challenges for the new leadership will be how far, or fast, to boost ties with the U.S.

“This is a real political brawl between the conservatives and the reformers,” said Zachary Abuza, a professor at the National War College in Washington, DC who has studied Vietnam’s leadership for two decades. “There are debates over strategies on how to deal with Chinese aggression. There are people in the party who are still fearful of antagonizing China.”

The new leaders, no matter which camp they are in, are not expected to veer dramatically in either direction. It could “just be turning of the dial a little more in one direction than the other,” said Raymond Burghardt, U.S. ambassador to Vietnam between 2001 and 2004.

The central committee will choose the next party general secretary in secret during the nine-day congress. Party members aligned with the new general secretary will be voted on by the National Assembly in May or June for posts including prime minister and members of cabinet.

Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, who has shown some willingness to confront China, is in the running for general party secretary against incumbent Nguyen Phu Trong, who is seeking to extend his term and represents leaders preferring a more conciliatory stance toward China, according to officials familiar with the discussions who asked not to be identified as the talks are private. Dung and Trong’s offices declined to comment.

“There have been a lot of rumors posted online, which reveals quite a bit of infighting,” said Tuong Vu, an associate professor of political science at the University of Oregon. “It’s hard for anyone to say anything about the outcome.”

Relations between Vietnam and China, which fought a brief border war in 1979, ruptured in the summer of 2014 after a Chinese oil rig was placed off Vietnam’s coast in the disputed Paracel islands. This month Chinese planes have repeatedly landed on a new airstrip on islands it reclaimed in the Spratly area, triggering protests from Vietnam.

Vietnam’s foreign policy is being shaped by “the assertiveness of China,” said Le Dang Doanh, an economist and former government adviser in Hanoi. “The pressure from China will be tremendous. The escalations will go on.”

Still, China is Vietnam’s largest trading partner and the two countries’ leaders have a shared commitment to communist ideology, while some Vietnamese officials remain suspicious of the intentions of the U.S., their former enemy.

Dung, injured as a medic with the Vietcong guerrilla force in South Vietnam that fought the U.S., played a pivotal role in the development of closer U.S.-Vietnam postwar relations.

Security Ties
“We have been able to work pretty well with him,” Burghardt said of Dung. “He seems to understand the importance of our economic and security ties. So I think for us that should be a fairly comfortable outcome.”

During the oil rig controversy, Dung ordered Vietnamese coast guard and fishing boats to harass the Chinese flotilla, stirring pride at home, said David Brown, a retired diplomat who served in the U.S. embassy in the former South Vietnam between 1965 and 1969. The more conservative members of the politburo eventually followed Dung’s lead in criticizing China.

“Hanoi has repositioned further from Beijing and closer to Washington, but in neither power’s pocket,” Brown said. “They will do that as long as it’s useful.”

Party Secretary
The key will be whether Trong gets selected to stay on as party secretary for at least part of the next five-year term, given Dung’s interest in the post, said Abuza from the National War College, a view echoed by Carlyle Thayer, an emeritus professor and Vietnam expert at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra.

China would be pleased if Trong retains his role, Abuza said. Still, “Trong has evolved a lot,” he said. “When he was elected everybody said, ‘Oh my God, he is the pro-China guy’. But he endorsed TPP. He went to the White House and met Obama. He invited Obama to visit Vietnam.”

After Trong met President Barack Obama in July, he said Vietnam appreciated U.S. interest in the situation in the South China Sea.

Still, Vietnam is approaching U.S. ties with care. In 2014 the U.S. partially lifted a ban on the sale of weapons to Vietnam, allowing transfers of nonlethal arms. Vietnam has been slow to submit orders.

“I think they are very torn,” former ambassador Burghardt said. “Part of it is the inherent Vietnamese cautiousness about how it positions itself within what they call the triangle -- the U.S., China and Vietnam.”

We are going around the definitions of what an aircraft price is: flyaway or full price. Both versions of the price are correct.

You say my number is not correct because its 3 years old even that it comes from Saab? Show me the numbers from Saab. I said all along 80 million fully loaded. Your Brazilian guy said 50 million plus subsystems, so you have not showed what the actual fly away price is including everything for the version and features that were bought. Its nonsense to expect that the price will drop from 80 million to 50 million in 3 years. Since when that guy is a credible reference and without details of those subsystems?

No, I don't have to say in the first place that the price does not include weapons, anybody that understands anything knows that aircraft prices don't include weapons, you just want to avoid admitting a mistake and you go around the bushes, understandable for young kids.

Brazil payed 4.68 billion USD for 36 Gripen NG's, that's full price including what is usually included in those deals. If you want to argue about price definitions, then you have to first specify what price are you talking about, both versions of the price are correct and both are used, flyaway and full price.

A tactical ground support aircraft will get used to soften up positions assuming that it can survive. You don't want to understand that that type of aircraft can't survive in a conflict with china. By the way, for that role, Vietnam will get the Yak-130 so the one that is speculating with those ideas is you.

I know for a fact that the export price of MIG-35 was offered at 35 million because I read it more than once and I can find the articles if I dedicate some time to it.

My speculation about Egypt's price is reasonable, the arabs always pay top price.

How the article that says Sweden pays 150 million proves me wrong?

If you claim that my information is outdated, then show me more recent information that is credible.

I'm done with this topic, I have a plane to catch.
we pay $60 million per SU-30, MK2 variant. weapons not included. $35 million per MIG-35 sounds too good to me.

‘Lair’ of Vietnam’s ‘King Cobra’ fighter jets – Conclusion: Dedicated caretakers

supersonic jet SU-30

amazing: 8 technicians are working to install a bomb. a typical procedure?
CLFrk6KY.jpg

assisting pilots in putting on emergency parachutes before take off.
cfec7ab0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom