What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Your army needs a modern protective helmet...
That plastic helmet is more like a VPA tradition headwear, just like some armies in the world would wear berets or turbans and sometime they would go to combat wearing those things. A lot of armies don't wear combat helmets for jungle warfare because it's too humid and hot. Those VPA helmets are only good to protect from sun and rain, and I have huge respect to those NVA soldiers wearing those zero-protection helmets during Viet Nam wars and others conflicts...Life was cheap back then.

Good... Though training helmet, do you use live ammunition? if so then if someone gets hit with a 14mm by accident... Game over.

This is just dumb what you just say...Helmet can't protect you 100% and have some protection for only less than half of your head. A good straight shot can go through it or how about a shot in the face... Helmet are good in combat to protect from shrapnel and to deflect some direct head shots...So what the point of 14mm accident? because your 14mm bullet is an intelligent bullet that find it way by himself to head only? Have you been in a military live firing practice?

Last edited:
a remarkable news article in the Washingon Post, as everyone knows meanwhile, TPP is more than economic pact, it also has geopolitical implications, while the treaty is as important as building a new Aircaft carrier for America (says US Defence Minister Ashton B. Carter), for Vietnam it is like buying new 10 Submarines (Public Security’s Strategy Institute, a VN think tank). In short TPP is a cheap way to increase defense posture without buying new weaponry.

Vietnam hopes trade deal will tip balance toward U.S., away from China - The Washington Post

17768469126_cd62f159fc_b.jpg

Last edited:
That plastic helmet is more like a VPA tradition headwear, just like some armies in the world would wear berets or turbans and sometime they would go to combat wearing those things. A lot of armies don't wear combat helmets for jungle warfare because it's too humid and hot. Those VPA helmets are only good to protect from sun and rain, and I have huge respect to those NVA soldiers wearing those zero-protection helmets during Viet Nam wars and others conflicts...Life was cheap back then.

I didn't know they were plastic... That's worse than british world war one helmet...

This is just dumb what you just say...Helmet can't protect you 100% and have some protection for only less than half of your head. A good straight shot can go through it or how about a shot in the face... Helmet are good in combat to protect from shrapnel and to deflect some direct head shots...So what the point of 14mm accident? because your 14mm bullet is an intelligent bullet that find it way by himself to head only? Have you been in a military live firing practice?

I am just saying you should't take any risk, wear helmets and body armor, the bipod could break or bullet fails to properly load and is still fired from improper position, these things can happen and have happened.

didn't know they were plastic... That's worse than british world war one helmet...
google "Army in Tropical Warfare" and tell me how many plastic helmet and fabric cap you see :v Humidity and heat are quite the pain in the butt in this type of climate , you can be fainted or dead from heat exhaustion long before an enemy bullet found you . Take it from a native resident my friend :3.............Still about this time every year , the weather is cold as fck :v

And about "accidents" , yeah it happen but we prefer to use high discipline and careful maintaince to prevent them , bring too many equipment can sometime get into the soldier way of handling weapon and lead to accidents :)

google "Army in Tropical Warfare" and tell me how many plastic helmet and fabric cap you see :v Humidity and heat are quite the pain in the butt in this type of climate , you can be fainted or dead from heat exhaustion long before an enemy bullet found you . Take it from a native resident my friend :3.............Still about this time every year , the weather is cold as fck :v

Its cold here too... Glad I am not russian or a swed...

looking forward to BMP-3 :v

Attachments

• mechanizied infantry next to a BMP-1.jpg
    mechanizied infantry next to a BMP-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 116
I didn't know they were plastic... That's worse than british world war one helmet...

I am just saying you should't take any risk, wear helmets and body armor, the bipod could break or bullet fails to properly load and is still fired from improper position, these things can happen and have happened.

You have more chance to die during mechanized infantry training than firing live, falling from a truck or IFV during a rough ride or get crush accidentally by an armor during a maneuver... The worse is nightime training. And all those grenades and explosive ordnances training that explode premature or by mistakes handling....Those stuffs are ways more worrisome and scarier than live firing accidents

a domestic upgrade of M16 variant

Attachments

• M18 next to grass.jpg
    M18 next to grass.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 107
A close-up on Mobile Police S-5 , smoke grenade and a CCTV are visible

Attachments

• Shinjeong close-up.jpg
    Shinjeong close-up.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 475
Providing medium explosive firepower for the squad

Attachments

• naval infantry grenadier with his TAR-21.jpg
    naval infantry grenadier with his TAR-21.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 70
Test firing Vietnam made Igla, solid fuel rocket motor, man-portable, an infrared homing surface-to-air missile for low altitude targets.
tong-quan-suc-manh-quoc-phong-viet-nam_221742297.jpg

Hình ảnh Việt Nam thử nghiệm thành công tên lửa Igla.

for warplanes: a domestic improved TBK system (optic & television) with infrared sensors and ATS systems (automatic following the targets)
tong-quan-suc-manh-quoc-phong-viet-nam_221740516.jpg

Mục tiêu bị tiêu diệt nhìn qua màn hình hệ thống TBK.

Last edited:
Soon , some Kamov will be replaced.........

Attachments

• Ka-28 dock on Gepard.jpg
    Ka-28 dock on Gepard.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 66
a UAV as target toy for SU-30 bomber
su-30-viet-nam.jpg

UAV-02 sử dụng 2 động cơ phản lực; sải cánh 2,8 m; chiều dài thân 2,5 m; tốc độ hành trình từ 250 – 350 km/giờ; bán kính hoạt động 100 km; độ cao bay tối đa 8.000 m; khối lượng 38 kg khi nạp đủ nhiên liệu; thời gian hoạt động tối đa 45 phút.

UAV-02, developed by Institute of Science and Technology, 2 engines, 2.8m wingspan, 2.5m length, speed 250-300 kmh, operation radius 100 km, max altitude 8,000 m, 38 kg weight full load, 45 operation minutes.
video-muc-tieu-bay-cho-su30mk2-cua-khong-quan-viet-nam.jpg

final-8642.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom