What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Interesting footage of the new domestic electro-optical targeting system for AAA batteries: skip to 7:50 for that part. Courtesy of Kfztechniker, MP forum.

The video shows in great detail how a truck mounted electro-optical targeting system drives a number of AAA batteries. The truck also houses the command and control system.

The AAA batteries seem to be driven manually by their crews based on firing coordinates provided by the command and control unit. This would not be as accurate as if the AAA batteries have servos automatically driving the guns, but its an effective way to use the many AAA batteries that Vietnam has.

At one point the video shows an electronic board inserted in the guns and a display with led lights, I guess that's how the guidance is given to the gun crews and the led lights show when the gun is aiming at the right point.

@Viet @BoQ77 @Yorozuya It would be nice if the Viet members can provide a better English explanation of how the system works, in particular how the control unit guides the guns since the video is in Vietnamese, thanks.

Thanks for the video bro. I will watch it later on. For the mean time I can tag @liubang for you, he should be able to translate it. ;)

Interesting footage of the new domestic electro-optical targeting system for AAA batteries: skip to 7:50 for that part. Courtesy of Kfztechniker, MP forum.

The video shows in great detail how a truck mounted electro-optical targeting system drives a number of AAA batteries. The truck also houses the command and control system.

The AAA batteries seem to be driven manually by their crews based on firing coordinates provided by the command and control unit. This would not be as accurate as if the AAA batteries have servos automatically driving the guns, but its an effective way to use the many AAA batteries that Vietnam has.

At one point the video shows an electronic board inserted in the guns and a display with led lights, I guess that's how the guidance is given to the gun crews and the led lights show when the gun is aiming at the right point.

@Viet @BoQ77 @Yorozuya It would be nice if the Viet members can provide a better English explanation of how the system works, in particular how the control unit guides the guns since the video is in Vietnamese, thanks.

in summary, they represent the new level of Vietnam AA upgradation for 37mm / 57mm batteries.
They're capable fighting in all weather, night or day without much difference.
By putting automation elements into batteries.

In details, each battery adopt electronic trigger and the electronic module for datalink.

The commander explained that in modern AAA model, the collective, processing systems could be customized in each gun, but Vietnam use a collective, processing, command center at company level ( about 6 AA guns), using optical electronics, imaging-thermal camera, night vision radars ... and so on, to collect, process and provide the coordinates to each gun.

The center could monitor how each gun, each operator follows, and they also use the corrective mechanics to correct the relative tolerance of each battery angle to the center in synchronization.

Last edited:

okie not yet, I will look into this video later.

okie not yet, I will look into this video later.
dear comrades,

well, the first part of about introduction of a Nato rifle. I just wonder if the army is interested of it?

the second part is about the new developed firing guidance and controll system for AAA 37mm gun. the system is hosted on a truck. it consists of a laser range finder, that identifies not only the target, but it´s coordinate, direction and speed. infrared camera for night vision, radar for target acquisition. if a target such as a aircraft or low flying cruise missile is identified, the guidance system transfers the data and commandos via wireless link to a control unit, that is integrated in each AAA gun. the guns will be coordinated to concentrate the fire on the target. Usually 6 guns form a AAA unit. the system can operate days and nights, in all weather conditions.

the most disadvantage of the system is it´s half-automatic target acquisition and fire control system. once the laser/radar/infrared finds a target, the commander steps in and makes decision.

the video mentions that is the first time, we have built such a sophisticated system.

dear comrades,

well, the first part of about introduction of a Nato rifle. I just wonder if the army is interested of it?

the second part is about the new developed firing guidance and controll system for AAA 37mm gun. the system is hosted on a truck. it consists of a laser range finder, that identifies not only the target, but it´s coordinate, direction and speed. infrared camera for night vision, radar for target acquisition. if a target such as a aircraft or low flying cruise missile is identified, the guidance system transfers the data and commandos via wireless link to a control unit, that is integrated in each AAA gun. the guns will be coordinated to concentrate the fire on the target. Usually 6 guns form a AAA unit. the system can operate days and nights, in all weather conditions.

the most disadvantage of the system is it´s half-automatic target acquisition and fire control system. once the laser/radar/infrared finds a target, the commander steps in and makes decision.

the video mentions that is the first time, we have built such a sophisticated system.

Do you have any connections on military weapons? I need some.

dear comrades,

Thank you bro, are you sure it has radar? I didn't see any radar antenna.

This photo is from project Amur 950
ЦКБ МТ Рубин: Amur 950

Project Amur 950 and Fincanteri S-1000 are versions of the same submarine, the 2 companies are working together to develop an attractive export option, but I'm not sure if they are still working together after the sanctions on Russia.

Project Amur 950 and Fincanteri S-1000 are versions of the same submarine, the 2 companies are working together to develop an attractive export option, but I'm not sure if they are still working together after the sanctions on Russia.

This is project going is way too long. Work at project started in 2004 and still not a single prototype wasn't constructed. Project was aimed at South-Africa and Egypt, btw.

This is project going is way too long. Work at project started in 2004 and still not a single prototype wasn't constructed. Project was aimed at South-Africa and Egypt, btw.

Amur 950 looks mighty powerful with that 10 cell VLS, but I really wonder if Russia fixed all the problems in the Lada including the AIP system, Amur is the export version of Lada after all.

Amur 950 looks mighty powerful with that 10 cell VLS, but I really wonder if Russia fixed all the problems in the Lada including the AIP system, Amur is the export version of Lada after all.
Literally yesterday, our AIP successfully completed trials at the land and preparing for the sea trials. So, i guess till the end of this year AIP will be ready to serial production.
In the news also was said that the AIP is very different from the exist products on the market and gives an ability to submarine swim underwater without surfacing for 2-3 weeks and can be installed not only on new submarine, but also on submarines during their modernisation.

News in Russian
В России начинаются испытания уникальной энергоустановки для подлодок | РИА Новости

Literally yesterday, our AIP successfully completed trials at the land and preparing for the sea trials. So, i guess till the end of this year AIP will be ready to serial production.
In the news also was said that the AIP is very different from the exist products on the market and gives an ability to submarine swim underwater without surfacing for 2-3 weeks and can be installed not only on new submarine, but also on submarines during their modernisation.

News in Russian
В России начинаются испытания уникальной энергоустановки для подлодок | РИА Новости

Wow, that's really good news, Vietnam should seriously consider the Amur.

Indeed, the Lada AIP its supposed to put out twice the power compared to what is already in the market and without using dangerous chemicals as is the case with the German AIP.

News in Russian

how can they be so sure about the safety of the system, if they are not intended to test the system on real Submarine boat?

Thank you bro, are you sure it has radar? I didn't see any radar antenna..
ahem...not sure, you may be right. in the video they speak a technical language, hardly to pick the real english translation.
russia has the industrial capacity, and can make such subs alone without foreign help.
another topic I am really curious what the russian PM has to say when he comes.

Back
Top Bottom