What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

:bunny:

6Go7KfA.jpg

vlfF3Qo.jpg

BRneztS.jpg

ipsHcg6.jpg

xez3miS.jpg

It takes only 60 seconds to deploy the system,,40 seconds after having stopped, Caesar is ready to move on, thus avoiding counter-battery fire.

Last edited:
:bunny:

6Go7KfA.jpg

vlfF3Qo.jpg

BRneztS.jpg

ipsHcg6.jpg

xez3miS.jpg

It takes only 60 seconds to deploy the system,,40 seconds after having stopped, Caesar is ready to move on, thus avoiding counter-battery fire.
nice, though I miss automatic loading.

he he he ...pretty much expected:
the Russian Ambassador to Vietnam Vnukov Konstantin Vasilievich visits Vietnam communist chief. I bet he will talk on the US demand of stopping refuelling russian strategic bombers.

Trong.jpg

Hanoi police force, supported by the army is responsible for the security of the upcoming 132nd Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly (IPU-132).

xem-loat-xe-chuyen-dung-thao-gia-bao-ve-hoi-nghi-ipu_2370833.jpg
xem-loat-xe-chuyen-dung-thao-gia-bao-ve-hoi-nghi-ipu_237065.jpg
xem-loat-xe-chuyen-dung-thao-gia-bao-ve-hoi-nghi-ipu_237090.jpg
xem-loat-xe-chuyen-dung-thao-gia-bao-ve-hoi-nghi-ipu_2370141.jpg

guys did vietnam planning buy modern MBT? ex .T 90 or western equivalent

guys did vietnam planning buy modern MBT? ex .T 90 or western equivalent
it is already posted here and there:

we increase our tank armies by t-72 and t-90 modern tanks, from the current some 3,200 to 4,000 tanks in total. the first batch of $1b contract for 186 t-72 (b3 series) and 93 t-90 (ms series) is expected to be delivered this year.

Last edited:
General Thanh visits the stand of Irkut on LIMA 2015 fair, where a model of a Gepard is displayed.
1.jpg

Receiving a delegation of the indian navy
12.jpg

SIPRI: Sigma 9814 Việt Nam
sigma-9813-1427025580841-210-0-968-1486-crop-1427025663481.jpg

the 2 Sigmar will be equipped by

25 x MM40 Exocet Block 3
Tên lửa đối hạm MM40 Exocet Block 3: 100 triệu USD
vu-khi-di-kem-sigma-9814-viet-nam-co-tong-tri-gia-bao-nhieu.jpg

2 x VL MICA systems
Tên lửa phòng không VL MICA-M: 48 triệu USD

6 x torpedo MU90
Ngư lôi chống ngầm hạng nhẹ MU90 Impact

I wrote a lengthy piece on South China Sea based upon my understanding thus far. I wrote from the perspective of China, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, USA, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and Indonesia.

Can someone double checked to see my Vietnam section is not factually incorrect.

Urghh can't post link.... So I can't show other section. But copy a segment and google it. It probably show up.

Why did Vietnam have its own section? Because that one Chinese press single out Vietnam as the only country that China need to teach a lesson to warn others among ASEAN. In the past 100 years, Vietnam involved in 5 major wars and somehow ended up on the not losing side. Starting with WW1 where there are some 100,000 vietnamese fought in Europe. To WW2 fighting against the Japanese and helping American down planes. Ho Chi Minh’s force Vietminh (who later became branch out to be Vietcong) were supplied by the Americans. They fought against the French in 1st Indochina war, the Americans in 2nd Indochina war, and the Chinese/Cambodia in the 3rd Indochina war. These wars and colonialization had leaved Vietnam a shamble mess with millions upon millions of death, devastation to biodiversity, and reduced infrastructure to rubbles. Combined with sanction from China and America after the war, it is only recently that the country resurrect itself into a regional player. A possible war with China will set back much progress.

Funny enough, Americans were involved with Vietnam in 4 of those 5 wars (all 5 wars but there is no contact in WW1). With the last war was partly result in the diplomatic relationship with China. There are history that isn’t widely discuss in the west such as American funding of Pol Pot (one of the worst modern mass murder) even in exile in Thailand (another country who had historic tie with the USA). America pay for the French war because of China, they went into Vietnam because of China, they leaved Vietnam because of China. And now they pivot back to Asia because of China. The USA had recently lift arm ban to Vietnam. And there are further talk of lifting all bans plus possible military relationship with Vietnam. But for that to happen, America will make demands. One of which just about a week ago, America tell Vietnam to stop letting Russia refueling their airplane in Cam Ranh Bay. I won’t get into Vietnam war, because the amount of hypocrisy and misinformation in that war made my blood boil. Vietnam would then had to choose between its historical allies with a new one. Russia, of course, had a hand on building Vietnam’s modern navy fleet and renew Cam Ranh Bay.

Ho Chi Minh famously said, "The last time the Chinese came, they stayed a thousand years. The French are foreigners. They are weak. Colonialism is dying. The white man is finished in Asia. But if the Chinese stay now, they will never go. As for me, I prefer to sniff French shit for five years than to eat Chinese shit for the rest of my life." And that is the attitude of Vietnam toward French, American, and Chinese. Indeed, there is little enmity toward either the France or the USA. But Vietnam and China has one of the longest rivalry in history (one writer actually go as far as dubbed as the longest war in history but I don’t really think it is a continuous war). China and Vietnam did build a relationship during the first 2 indochina wars. Despite some promises from the top officials, the naval Chinese invasion against South Vietnam and wrestle those islands from South Vietnam, enraged the North Vietnam and turn their relationship sour since. It doesn’t matter it is North or South Vietnamese. Against what they perceived as a foreign enemies, they had the same view. Four years after the American left, in 1979, Vietnam fought a brief war with China. In less than 4 weeks, the Chinese lost almost as many troops as the Americans lost in 20 years in Vietnam. Both sides claimed victory. Since then there are plenty of skirmishes at sea including in 1988.

The relationship between both countries had been much warmer in the 90s. Vietnam was gather stay neutral in South China Sea. At the same time, it bought 6 kilo submarines from Russia forming what would be the strongest submarines fleet in South East Asia (until the other countries caught up with their military spending/which is pretty soon), and many other advance battle ships from Europe also. This trend is also seen in Malaysia and Indonesia. On one hand, they don’t want to offend their business partner, China. On the other hand, they increase military spending at an alarming rate. Of the 4 claimants that aren’t Taiwan or China, Brunei is too small to do anything. Philippines and Vietnam are the closest to China. While Malaysia enjoyed its much much longer distance away from China. Vietnam would soon feel the risk of being too geography close to China by full in 2014 when the Chinese put a gigantic oil rig in the dispute area. Like many time before it, a massive ramming of ships. On one hand, we have the Chinese military. On the other hand, we have Vietnamese fishermen. We know how the story will ended up. China had enforced some laws that restricted all foreign fishermen to fish in the 90% area claimed by China. Like with the Air defense zone, this seriously infringe on the freedom to navigate.

With the oil rig incident, it triggered a giant transformation in Vietnam. Anti Chinese protest across Vietnam and Vietnamese community across the world. The government of Vietnam tend to crack down in public protest, allow it happened (show a sign of supporting the sentiments). Some set themselves on fire in protest. The protests turned violent in my hometown, Binh Duong, resulted in deaths, injuries, and burn down of business (that including the Taiwanese). I strongly condemn these attacks. But I could understand the reason why they targeted the Taiwanese. Since Taiwan had the exact same 90% claimed like China and has its fair share of boat ramming and arrested fishermen with Vietnam. Foreign factories also treat native workers like shit and the work condition tend to be awful. But still, the protests would have been much more effective peacefully.

Since the oil rig, Prime Minister Dung had stepped up diplomacy. Among which are the Philippines, Japan, and India. Vietnam is the major focus on India’s look east policy. In fact, Vietnam invited India to explore for oil in Vietnam shore to balance out China. While India looking for an opportunity to poke China in the eyes for its own border dispute. In many way, India is the only Asian friend that Vietnam have. India from the start had opposed the French, the American, and the Chinese for all 3 Indochina wars. This time around, India offered 100 million dollars of credit for the Vietnamese to buy arms from India. The biggest prize that Vietnam want is the BrahMos missiles that developed by India and Russia. Vietnam would need approval from both countries and it seemed like it will likely get it in the near future. This is what I meant by Russia undermining China by selling Vietnam weapons.

Prime Minster Dung like Abe and Modi (who build up ties with all South Asian neighbors and now branching out South East Asian neighbors) are stepping up on diplomacy big time. Not just with the Philippines, India, Japan, and USA but the rest of ASEAN developing strategic partnerships (Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Cambodia). The latest news came from Australia and New Zealand, it seemed like Australia will trained some of the Vietnamese navy.

Vietnam knew its own position. That if a war to break out, no one will come to its aid. Building up diplomacy and military is the only deterrence to war while maintain its own interest.

I wrote a lengthy piece on South China Sea based upon my understanding thus far. I wrote from the perspective of China, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, USA, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and Indonesia.

Can someone double checked to see my Vietnam section is not factually incorrect.

Urghh can't post link.... So I can't show other section. But copy a segment and google it. It probably show up.

Why did Vietnam have its own section? Because that one Chinese press single out Vietnam as the only country that China need to teach a lesson to warn others among ASEAN. In the past 100 years, Vietnam involved in 5 major wars and somehow ended up on the not losing side. Starting with WW1 where there are some 100,000 vietnamese fought in Europe. To WW2 fighting against the Japanese and helping American down planes. Ho Chi Minh’s force Vietminh (who later became branch out to be Vietcong) were supplied by the Americans. They fought against the French in 1st Indochina war, the Americans in 2nd Indochina war, and the Chinese/Cambodia in the 3rd Indochina war. These wars and colonialization had leaved Vietnam a shamble mess with millions upon millions of death, devastation to biodiversity, and reduced infrastructure to rubbles. Combined with sanction from China and America after the war, it is only recently that the country resurrect itself into a regional player. A possible war with China will set back much progress.

Funny enough, Americans were involved with Vietnam in 4 of those 5 wars (all 5 wars but there is no contact in WW1). With the last war was partly result in the diplomatic relationship with China. There are history that isn’t widely discuss in the west such as American funding of Pol Pot (one of the worst modern mass murder) even in exile in Thailand (another country who had historic tie with the USA). America pay for the French war because of China, they went into Vietnam because of China, they leaved Vietnam because of China. And now they pivot back to Asia because of China. The USA had recently lift arm ban to Vietnam. And there are further talk of lifting all bans plus possible military relationship with Vietnam. But for that to happen, America will make demands. One of which just about a week ago, America tell Vietnam to stop letting Russia refueling their airplane in Cam Ranh Bay. I won’t get into Vietnam war, because the amount of hypocrisy and misinformation in that war made my blood boil. Vietnam would then had to choose between its historical allies with a new one. Russia, of course, had a hand on building Vietnam’s modern navy fleet and renew Cam Ranh Bay.

Ho Chi Minh famously said, "The last time the Chinese came, they stayed a thousand years. The French are foreigners. They are weak. Colonialism is dying. The white man is finished in Asia. But if the Chinese stay now, they will never go. As for me, I prefer to sniff French shit for five years than to eat Chinese shit for the rest of my life." And that is the attitude of Vietnam toward French, American, and Chinese. Indeed, there is little enmity toward either the France or the USA. But Vietnam and China has one of the longest rivalry in history (one writer actually go as far as dubbed as the longest war in history but I don’t really think it is a continuous war). China and Vietnam did build a relationship during the first 2 indochina wars. Despite some promises from the top officials, the naval Chinese invasion against South Vietnam and wrestle those islands from South Vietnam, enraged the North Vietnam and turn their relationship sour since. It doesn’t matter it is North or South Vietnamese. Against what they perceived as a foreign enemies, they had the same view. Four years after the American left, in 1979, Vietnam fought a brief war with China. In less than 4 weeks, the Chinese lost almost as many troops as the Americans lost in 20 years in Vietnam. Both sides claimed victory. Since then there are plenty of skirmishes at sea including in 1988.

The relationship between both countries had been much warmer in the 90s. Vietnam was gather stay neutral in South China Sea. At the same time, it bought 6 kilo submarines from Russia forming what would be the strongest submarines fleet in South East Asia (until the other countries caught up with their military spending/which is pretty soon), and many other advance battle ships from Europe also. This trend is also seen in Malaysia and Indonesia. On one hand, they don’t want to offend their business partner, China. On the other hand, they increase military spending at an alarming rate. Of the 4 claimants that aren’t Taiwan or China, Brunei is too small to do anything. Philippines and Vietnam are the closest to China. While Malaysia enjoyed its much much longer distance away from China. Vietnam would soon feel the risk of being too geography close to China by full in 2014 when the Chinese put a gigantic oil rig in the dispute area. Like many time before it, a massive ramming of ships. On one hand, we have the Chinese military. On the other hand, we have Vietnamese fishermen. We know how the story will ended up. China had enforced some laws that restricted all foreign fishermen to fish in the 90% area claimed by China. Like with the Air defense zone, this seriously infringe on the freedom to navigate.

With the oil rig incident, it triggered a giant transformation in Vietnam. Anti Chinese protest across Vietnam and Vietnamese community across the world. The government of Vietnam tend to crack down in public protest, allow it happened (show a sign of supporting the sentiments). Some set themselves on fire in protest. The protests turned violent in my hometown, Binh Duong, resulted in deaths, injuries, and burn down of business (that including the Taiwanese). I strongly condemn these attacks. But I could understand the reason why they targeted the Taiwanese. Since Taiwan had the exact same 90% claimed like China and has its fair share of boat ramming and arrested fishermen with Vietnam. Foreign factories also treat native workers like shit and the work condition tend to be awful. But still, the protests would have been much more effective peacefully.

Since the oil rig, Prime Minister Dung had stepped up diplomacy. Among which are the Philippines, Japan, and India. Vietnam is the major focus on India’s look east policy. In fact, Vietnam invited India to explore for oil in Vietnam shore to balance out China. While India looking for an opportunity to poke China in the eyes for its own border dispute. In many way, India is the only Asian friend that Vietnam have. India from the start had opposed the French, the American, and the Chinese for all 3 Indochina wars. This time around, India offered 100 million dollars of credit for the Vietnamese to buy arms from India. The biggest prize that Vietnam want is the BrahMos missiles that developed by India and Russia. Vietnam would need approval from both countries and it seemed like it will likely get it in the near future. This is what I meant by Russia undermining China by selling Vietnam weapons.

Prime Minster Dung like Abe and Modi (who build up ties with all South Asian neighbors and now branching out South East Asian neighbors) are stepping up on diplomacy big time. Not just with the Philippines, India, Japan, and USA but the rest of ASEAN developing strategic partnerships (Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Cambodia). The latest news came from Australia and New Zealand, it seemed like Australia will trained some of the Vietnamese navy.

Vietnam knew its own position. That if a war to break out, no one will come to its aid. Building up diplomacy and military is the only deterrence to war while maintain its own interest.

Very good article here, did you make all of that, what is the title mate....? Where did you post this writing before....?

Back
Top Bottom