IMG_3712[1].JPG
IMG_3759[1].JPG
IMG_3763[1].JPG
IMG_3784[1].JPG
IMG_3764[1].JPG
IMG_3788[1].JPG
IMG_3756[1].JPG

Vietnam still using Scud?
right now, it is our sole balistic missile system. yes, we continue to use it.

The third Kilo class sub delivered to Cam Ranh base today.

HQ-184 during sea trial
kilo-01.jpg

DSCF2020-2c13b.JPG

Last edited:
the pictures were taken August 2010.
hey, can you introduce the dress code of US armed forces shortly?

Hi there

Don't have access to a desktop yesterday (And I am in between laptop so I got stuck with a uber stupid laptop...) so I can post photo with it... Anyway, here is the Uniform Post with picture

Basically US Army runs a lot of different uniform, I think it's the most count. Currently there are 5 authorized Uniform not counting the PT Gear

800px-US-NEW-CLASS-A-UNIFORM.png

ASU - Army Service Uniform Class A.

Class A means full uniform, usually worn in Winter but if an event is serious enough so you can't wear class B, then you wear Class A too.

ASU take over Army Dress Blue, Army Dress Green, Army Dress White and replace all 3 service uniform. Hence it now range from everyday wear to minor dinner function.

ASU consist of a Army Blue Jacket (Coat), white dress shirt, Blue Dress pants for Male and Blue Dress pants and Skirt for Female. Male wear with Boots, Oxford with pants, ties and bow ties and Female wear High Heels and nude Stockings with Skirt and Oxford with pants and neck tab with both. Both Brim Head and Beret are authorized Head Gear.

ASU comes into effect in 2014 but started issue in 2008

800px-US-NEW-CLASS-B-UNIFORM.png

ASU - Army Service Uniform Class B

Class B is the summer variation of ASU, basically without the coat and neckties and neck tabs, uses for summer and informal functions

USMA-West Point Cadet Uniform

West_Point_Cadets.png

A grey Scale Uniform worn by the USMA cadet, it's uniform is lineage from 18 century's Army Battle Uniform and only authorised to wear by West Point Cadet.

Unisex, consist of a Grey Jacket, White pants and white sam browne belt. Worn with Oxford and authorised Headgear, authorized since 1800s

Army Mess Dress

MessDressF.jpg
800px-GENCodyMessDress.jpg

Authorized since 1917 Mess Dress is for Formal official function only, only a few occasion are warranted to wear Mess Dress, but if you are an Officer, then this US$1000 uniform is not going anywhere, and the cost cannot be reimburse...

Mess Dress are for dinner function, it's authorization is on par with US Army Ball type event. Where a formal gown or tuxedo is normally worn (So, wedding, funeral and Private Function such as charity ball are allowed)

I don't ever see an Enlisted Version of Mess dress, but the paper say they do exist, however, for enlist, you can wear Green Dress Alpha or ASU Alpha as a substitution (then who will dumb enough o spend money on mess dress that you only wore once or twice a year??)

Mess Dress consist of a Formal Jacket, white Dress shirt, pants for male and ankle length Long Dress or Knee length Skirt for Female (No pants). Male wore oxford shoes with socks, female wore High Heels with Black Stockings. Miniature medal worn in place with service ribbon. No head Gear are authorized.

UCP ACU - Universal Camouflage Patten, Army Combat Uniform

480px-LTC_Ronald_Johnson_official_portrait.jpg

Very common sight for US soldier, worn anywhere but Afghanistan, The ACU is a field uniform, which mean it only allow to wear out in the field or in barrack. unisex (With some alternation for Female) comes with trousers and shirt, worn with flat head or beret, also comes with EW (Extreme Weather ) Gear for temperamental protection

Authorized since 2005

OCP - OEF Camouflage Pattern

800px-Future_Force_Warrior_2007.jpg

Better known as Multicam, it is the same cutting and making of UCP/ACU with Multicam pattern instead, Authorized to use in Afghanistan only. Authorized since 2010

Dress Green Uniform - Class A, B and C

5008388347_8ed3d62fc8_b.jpg

Dress Green was on the way out in 2008 and completely replaced by ASU in 2014, basically the same style with ASU, just that it's Green, been around since 1960s.

Officials hail Vietnam, Japan defence ties
January 28, 2015 by vietnamplus

Vietnamese Defence Minister Phung Quang Thanh(R) received Japanese Vice Defence Minister Tokuchi Hideshi during the latter’s working visit in Hanoi on January 28. (Photo:VNA)

Vietnamese Defence Minister Phung Quang Thanh received Japanese Vice Defence Minister Tokuchi Hideshi during the latter’s working visit in Hanoi on January 28.

At the reception, Minister Thanh affirmed that defence cooperation between the two countries has reached a new level, matching the bilateral strategic partnership between Vietnam and Japan.

He added the two countries should continue exchanging visits, working together in dealing with mines left by the war, and sharing information and experience in coping with climate change and natural disasters.

In return, Tokuchi Hideshi asserted Japan has always valued its comprehensive ties with Vietnam, especially in national defence.

He said Japan hopes for stronger bilateral defence cooperation for mutual interests and for peace, stability and prosperity in the region and the world as a whole.-VNA

Hi there

Don't have access to a desktop yesterday (And I am in between laptop so I got stuck with a uber stupid laptop...) so I can post photo with it... Anyway, here is the Uniform Post with picture

Basically US Army runs a lot of different uniform, I think it's the most count. Currently there are 5 authorized Uniform not counting the PT Gear

800px-US-NEW-CLASS-A-UNIFORM.png

ASU - Army Service Uniform Class A.

Class A means full uniform, usually worn in Winter but if an event is serious enough so you can't wear class B, then you wear Class A too.

ASU take over Army Dress Blue, Army Dress Green, Army Dress White and replace all 3 service uniform. Hence it now range from everyday wear to minor dinner function.

ASU consist of a Army Blue Jacket (Coat), white dress shirt, Blue Dress pants for Male and Blue Dress pants and Skirt for Female. Male wear with Boots, Oxford with pants, ties and bow ties and Female wear High Heels and nude Stockings with Skirt and Oxford with pants and neck tab with both. Both Brim Head and Beret are authorized Head Gear.

ASU comes into effect in 2014 but started issue in 2008

800px-US-NEW-CLASS-B-UNIFORM.png

ASU - Army Service Uniform Class B

Class B is the summer variation of ASU, basically without the coat and neckties and neck tabs, uses for summer and informal functions

USMA-West Point Cadet Uniform

West_Point_Cadets.png

A grey Scale Uniform worn by the USMA cadet, it's uniform is lineage from 18 century's Army Battle Uniform and only authorised to wear by West Point Cadet.

Unisex, consist of a Grey Jacket, White pants and white sam browne belt. Worn with Oxford and authorised Headgear, authorized since 1800s

Army Mess Dress

MessDressF.jpg
800px-GENCodyMessDress.jpg

Authorized since 1917 Mess Dress is for Formal official function only, only a few occasion are warranted to wear Mess Dress, but if you are an Officer, then this US$1000 uniform is not going anywhere, and the cost cannot be reimburse...

Mess Dress are for dinner function, it's authorization is on par with US Army Ball type event. Where a formal gown or tuxedo is normally worn (So, wedding, funeral and Private Function such as charity ball are allowed)

I don't ever see an Enlisted Version of Mess dress, but the paper say they do exist, however, for enlist, you can wear Green Dress Alpha or ASU Alpha as a substitution (then who will dumb enough o spend money on mess dress that you only wore once or twice a year??)

Mess Dress consist of a Formal Jacket, white Dress shirt, pants for male and ankle length Long Dress or Knee length Skirt for Female (No pants). Male wore oxford shoes with socks, female wore High Heels with Black Stockings. Miniature medal worn in place with service ribbon. No head Gear are authorized.

UCP ACU - Universal Camouflage Patten, Army Combat Uniform

480px-LTC_Ronald_Johnson_official_portrait.jpg

Very common sight for US soldier, worn anywhere but Afghanistan, The ACU is a field uniform, which mean it only allow to wear out in the field or in barrack. unisex (With some alternation for Female) comes with trousers and shirt, worn with flat head or beret, also comes with EW (Extreme Weather ) Gear for temperamental protection

Authorized since 2005

OCP - OEF Camouflage Pattern

800px-Future_Force_Warrior_2007.jpg

Better known as Multicam, it is the same cutting and making of UCP/ACU with Multicam pattern instead, Authorized to use in Afghanistan only. Authorized since 2010

Dress Green Uniform - Class A, B and C

5008388347_8ed3d62fc8_b.jpg

Dress Green was on the way out in 2008 and completely replaced by ASU in 2014, basically the same style with ASU, just that it's Green, been around since 1960s.
oh great info. the dress code is nice, especially the West Point Cadet Uniform, though I find blue trouser over dark shirt somehow inept. there are some nice gadgets available as well for the soldiers and commanders. how about dress code of army commanders? when Luong becomes Brigade General, he gets a commander belt.
Luong-VietXuan[1].jpg
622x350[1].jpg
Luong[1].jpg

oh great info. the dress code is nice, especially the West Point Cadet Uniform, though I find blue trouser over dark shirt somehow inept. there are some nice gadgets available as well for the soldiers and commanders. how about dress code of army commanders? when Luong becomes Brigade General, he gets a commander belt.
View attachment 187670 View attachment 187671 View attachment 187672

not aware of any belt wearing American General, probably becuz of his division lineage (The Old Cavalry) well, I was trained as a cavalrymen but I wasn't in ANY cavalry division lol

Like the 3rd Infantry can wear the French Fourragere or the Ranger with Sand Beret and paracord :)

Officials hail Vietnam, Japan defence ties
January 28, 2015 by vietnamplus

Vietnamese Defence Minister Phung Quang Thanh(R) received Japanese Vice Defence Minister Tokuchi Hideshi during the latter’s working visit in Hanoi on January 28. (Photo:VNA)

Vietnamese Defence Minister Phung Quang Thanh received Japanese Vice Defence Minister Tokuchi Hideshi during the latter’s working visit in Hanoi on January 28.

At the reception, Minister Thanh affirmed that defence cooperation between the two countries has reached a new level, matching the bilateral strategic partnership between Vietnam and Japan.

He added the two countries should continue exchanging visits, working together in dealing with mines left by the war, and sharing information and experience in coping with climate change and natural disasters.

In return, Tokuchi Hideshi asserted Japan has always valued its comprehensive ties with Vietnam, especially in national defence.

He said Japan hopes for stronger bilateral defence cooperation for mutual interests and for peace, stability and prosperity in the region and the world as a whole.-VNA

Good !

not aware of any belt wearing American General, probably becuz of his division lineage (The Old Cavalry) well, I was trained as a cavalrymen but I wasn't in ANY cavalry division lol

Like the 3rd Infantry can wear the French Fourragere or the Ranger with Sand Beret and paracord :)
yes, old school. Luong is deputy commander of the 1st calvary division. look at the insignia on his arm. he is a ranger. you were a platoon leader, if I recall? what dress code do you have?
240px-1st_Cavalry_Division_-_Shoulder_Sleeve_Insignia.svg[1].png

there is rumour/report vietnam sends a delegation to Mitsubishi company to talk on the F-2 jet.

yes, old school. Luong is deputy commander of the 1st calvary division. look at the insignia on his arm. he is a ranger. you were a platoon leader, if I recall? what dress code do you have?
View attachment 187757

there is rumour/report vietnam sends a delegation to Mitsubishi company to talk on the F-2 jet.

lol dress code is quite lax in the field unless you have some big shot visiting you, mostly in the field you will see your Captain the most and he or she dictate how you dress, and my Captain was not as straigh either lol

Back stateside, thats anlther story, depending on the job or posting you get, you can wear ACU alots or you wear dress uniform alot. What basically the different is dress uniform usually in place in an office, more of an indoor posting and you wear a lot of UCP when you are out and about

I am airborne and ranger qualified so in my uniform I will have both tab on my left shoulder, And i served with the 82nd and 3rd infantry division so they would be my insignia on either side, i also wear a red beret instead of a black one as i was in the airborne...

lol

For the first time ever, Vietnam made landing ship ST-2300, transport capacity of 80 tonnes, built by Hải Sơn shipyard:

The last picture is a project 21820 "Dyugon" landing craft.

Does it means the ST-2300 use air-cavity while moving? Like Dyugon?

Back
Top Bottom