What's new

Vietnam acknowledged Chinese sovereignty over South China Sea in 1958

china admit Hanoi belong to Vietnam , it mean china sell Hanoi to Vietnam ?
south Vietnam only is control these island ,no one admit Vietnam any party Sovereignty over these island . even north Vietnam also not admit south Vietnam Sovereignty over these island.
Pls open and read Convention of San Francesco in 1951.

I believe that all the countries along the SCN should form a company and divide the profits of the oil extracted from the ocean.
You are mad ? there one stealer come to my house who has plan to steal and now change to live in this house and make money ?

By the Geneva Agreement 1954 signed bay North Vietnam and China also, North Vietnam are divided from 17 Altitude up to northward. North Vietnam and South Vietnam are same legitimate under international legalities.
By the wording of diplomat letter of PVD, he has been taken to knowledge, by the North Vietnam's right under international law, to the respective for the 12 miles to the coastal sea related to mainland of China only, doesn't mentioned about Islands. In other hand, all the International commitment have to get approvals from Vietnam's National Assembly.
IF South Viet Nam chose to respond to China in the same manner, as in respects between nation-states, that hypothetical letter would still have the same value as Phạm Văn Đồng's letter: Courtesy. Both letters would have no legal force and no treaty value. But that does not mean South Viet Nam was obligated to respond, or that a no response meant South Viet Nam conceded to any demands.

In fact, the demand by China to respect the 12-mile limit was meant for the world and how many countries responded with their courtesy letters? If anything, if the US wanted to, the American government could have challenged the 12-mile limit and counter-demand that it be reduced to 1-mile. Both countries would negotiate, the details recorded, and that would qualify as a treaty with legal force. That would be absurd but such a challenge would be allowed.

Ngô Đình Diệm's incorporation of the islands into Quảng Nam province is a rejection of China's claim to possession. Much more definitive of intent than Phạm Văn Đồng's vague letter.

Why many Chinese here dare not face Pham Van Dong's letter in 1958 ? and make another topic and comment ? They know truth of their government 's lie ?

In case you haven't noticed the North were the victorious party during the Vietnam war, and are in control of the country to this day, so whatever they signed counts.

In case you have'nt notice the agreement to be binding to the united Vietnam has to be ratified by the united Vietnam. Stop being a bully. You can not sign the agreement on behalf of rest of the countries involved in the dispute. It is not like Tibet landlocked country over which China walked all over with out any retaliation by the International community.

That's why the North take your South and now you are living in the U.S. waving American flag!!!

This thread is for discussing the related to the topic and not as to who lives where. It is personal choice. If you do not have any sensible point of view to make your case than refrain from making personal attacks since that is not going to be considered as an evidence in the court of law.

Are you sure it was a fair election back then while millions of South Vietnam soldiers were being imprisonment in Concentration Camps? However, it is besides the point here and to reply to your questions:

If people of New VN did not chose Pham Van Dong as the PM, then Vietnam government still would be responsible for its former PM's signature. Why? Pham Van Dong had signed the letter on the behalf of his government at that time, had he not!?

1. MP Pham signed somthing did not belong to North VietNambefore 1976, so Ok VN government will say sorry for that mistake,and hope China should not ask new VietNam to accept any thing esle doen't belong to VN any more.

2. If China claim US belong to China and wanted Pm Pham accept it. PM Pham worte:" VN eccept that US belong to CHina coz CHina discoverd American continent earlier than the West", so pls tell me what responsibility should VietNam take for his mistake sir ??

1. So, you admitted that VN government made that mistake.

2. The difference is PM Pham Van Dong knew real well that those islands (Paracel & Spratly) are parts of Vietnam as a whole, although Vietnam was in the Civil war. If you already admitted that VN government made that mistake then you should not try to defense for PM Pham Van Dong's letter. :azn:

Black and white, without any distortion

Example
I borrowed $ 1,000 from you, and I said this is a gross distortion, Is not really can become you borrowed $ 1000 from me.
Haha

The situation must be like this:

I need to borrow you money, you want me to deposit my neighbour house, Ok I deposit her house and take money, but you can not take my neighbour house away, that all :smokin:

Thank for your money, bro :cheers:

Why not, you haven't paid the money you borrowed yet and now you have the neighbour house as your own. Pay it up then :laugh:

Bunk...He said no such thing. He did not even implied it. More like: 'Looky here, our communist northern brothers yakity-yak about some 12-mile limit and demands everyone respect such yakity-yak. So I suggest we should just yada-yada back about respecting such yakity-yak until this civil war is over.'

Don't twist it to suit your needs, dear Gambit! :laugh:

A said, these islands belong to A.
B agreed to what A said.

Simple is that and you dare to say B did not even implied it? Your reading comprehension need to be improved dear Gambit! :rofl:

Why not, you haven't paid the money you borrowed yet and now you have the neighbour house as your own. Pay it up then :laugh:
Coz I got married with my neighbours, after borrowring akittya money, so I got her house, and I'm paying back akittya now by my salary, but I won't sell my wife's house to akittya :lol:

1. What is the distance between Falkland Islands and UK? Falkland Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2. When did the first UK citizen land on Falkland and how long did they lived there?

I think the topic of discussion here is "Vietnam Acknowledges Chinese Sovereignty over south China sea". Can you legally own the whole of sea?
Which International Law will permit that? South China sea has lot of country states, does it mean your country one day will come around and claim their own sovereignty over those countries provided China develops military strength in the foreseeable future?

What is the status of Falkland Island is the dispute between Argentina and United Kingdom so let us not bring that in to topic of discussion in this thread. You can start a new thread than I will contribute to it.

So, let's go Home if you have a chance bro, we VN will not sell any lands, islands to any one, we VN will build a NATO in ASEAN,we will keep our strong influence in Laos-Cam, our new Democracy version fit for one party and US accept it also.

VN will not sell any lands, islands to any one ???

Ask this Vietnamese PhD Tran Dai Sy when he cried and wrote this poem at the China-Vietnam border:

tds-tho-1s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom