What's new

Video of Emirates pilot's derring-do goes viral

I think the pilot did a good job landing the aircraft .. can't say it was a perfect given the winds playing tricks on the planes doesn't make it easy for them to land the aircrafts.

I think he just hot dogged with a few hundred passengers' lives at stake. Should have gone around or landed at an alternate site. Should be sacked..

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I think he just hot dogged with a few hundred passengers' lives at stake. Should have gone around or landed at an alternate site. Should be sacked..

look at what Chogy said.

Last edited by a moderator:
another normal day at kai tak

One thing i have to ask, are the landing gears on a rotatable axis, so that even if the fuselage is pointing at an angle, the gears continue to go straight?

It is for this reason that the tyres on the passenger aircraft like the B777s, A380s, 747s are big and fat around the rim/wheel. This allows the lateral movement of the rim. As a plane lands, it swerves side to side. However, the tyres can't as they are going in one direction and they can't slide (while on the ground/runway, that is). So instead, the rim inside gets to move left and right...if you get what i mean......that way the forces acting sideways are easily compensated...otherwise the plane will simply slide sideways and off the runway.

pia pilots r the best, nough said

Back
Top Bottom