What's new

Video Gamers report in!

So, what are we playing during the lockdown ?

Finally got Metro: Exodus

A sandboxed Metro game with outdoor areas to explore.. fuckin' perfect !

Shame about the Cyberpunk delay, that would have been perfect to ride out this BS

Metro: Exodus
Woops, tough game, this.. BC

Looks like they gave Metro the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. treatment

at least up until one can level up significantly

getting absolutely owned, and I'm almost still at the start looking for that mechanic in the bog to fix our train

Hey Risen! In Navi's Japanese voice. Lol.

Haha, brilliant.

ALTTP and Link's Awakening were the best in my opinion, but I would put OOT and Windwaker after those.

They are the better games, no doubt, but OOT was one of the very first truly good open world RPGs that I played. Being as young as I was at the time, I guess there's a bit of nostalgia and romanticism in it for me.

When are we going to get AC set in Pakistan?
Can you imagine? AC Khyber, AC Lahore, etc. Set in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
An AC set in the Hindu Kush region would actually have great potential as there is a direct connection between the Nizaris of the Middle East and those of Greater Badakhshan (Agha Khanis as we call them today). Not hopeful at all though as AC like to pick settings which their player base are familiar with. I mean barring the 1st AC, Origins and Black Flag, all others are based in Europe or the US. Even the next AC is rumored to be set in the Viking era. AC's based in China, Japan, Hindu Kush, Central Asia would be amazing.

If only. We'll need a lot more global cultural presence before that ever happens. The closest we've come is Arbaaz Mir in AC Chronicles. Doubt it counts though.

Also waiting for a fighting game character who is Pakistani or Afghan/Pukhtoon. Would be great. Now that Shaheen and Rashid are out, maybe a possibility. Arsalan Ash too. Long overdue

That I can see happening soon.

I bought the base game just for the mod back then. I changed the setting, it still has to cycle through the names of factions. Maybe there is a mod to disable it, I I don't know.

Did not remember that at all. Was just talking about the settings options, no clue about a mod of such sorts.

Age of Empires 3 Asian Dynastie has you playing as 1857 revolt army against the British. Bahadur Shah Zafar is an important part of the campaign. However they Hinduized an otherwise Muslim empire and most of the units are Mughal origin. They tactlessly named it Indian...

Playing the market, yet again.

ps: Decided to move the discussion here so as not to derail that thread.

pps: Sorry for the late reply, buds. Hope you guys are doing well. This whole coronavirus thing just made me fall off the map. Silver lining is that since then I've been able to complete Spiderman, Shadow of War, Titanfall 2 and replay half of Uncharted 3.

Haha, brilliant.

They are the better games, no doubt, but OOT was one of the very first truly good open world RPGs that I played. Being as young as I was at the time, I guess there's a bit of nostalgia and romanticism in it for me.

If only. We'll need a lot more global cultural presence before that ever happens. The closest we've come is Arbaaz Mir in AC Chronicles. Doubt it counts though.

That I can see happening soon.

Did not remember that at all. Was just talking about the settings options, no clue about a mod of such sorts.

Playing the market, yet again.

ps: Decided to move the discussion here so as not to derail that thread.

pps: Sorry for the late reply, buds. Hope you guys are doing well. This whole coronavirus thing just made me fall off the map. Silver lining is that since then I've been able to complete Spiderman, Shadow of War, Titanfall 2 and replay half of Uncharted 3.

I am actually pretty deep in the gaming scene in the US, I go to conventions and stuff.

In my undergrad and high school days, I even designed and built some games. Nothing special, but it gave me alot of appreciate for the work which needs to be put in.

I was heavy also in Age of Empires 3, many Turks play online.

Recently I have been playing Animal Crossing with the little ones. Great stuff, esp with the lockdown and everything.

Do good things in this game. Dont kill anyone who shouldnt be killed. You'll get good ending.
So, what are we playing during the lockdown ?

Finally got Metro: Exodus

A sandboxed Metro game with outdoor areas to explore.. fuckin' perfect !

Shame about the Cyberpunk delay, that would have been perfect to ride out this BS

I'm soooooooo excited for this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/rumor-a-resident-evil-4-remake-is-in-development/

I have booked re3 remake at my library. It'll be awesome ONCE corona goes away. Meanwhile I'll play the demo.

I am actually pretty deep in the gaming scene in the US, I go to conventions and stuff.

Nice! Growing up in Pakistan, I didn't have that option, sadly.

In my undergrad and high school days, I even designed and built some games. Nothing special, but it gave me alot of appreciate for the work which needs to be put in.

That is pretty cool. My video game designing experience began and ended with tic tac toe in VB during the first term of my undergrad.

I was heavy also in Age of Empires 3, many Turks play online.

I still haven't played AOE 3. Too many games in the library still awaiting my attention. University's CS 1.6 clan and batch clan for Dota during undergrad would be the peak of my competitive gaming career, I guess. That said, WOW would be the single most played game in my life. Played it for more than 12 years with small hiatuses here and there. Eventually life got too busy to allow me to dedicate enough time to it. Since a couple of years now it's just been my PS4 and some games here and there on the PC.

Recently I have been playing Animal Crossing with the little ones. Great stuff, esp with the lockdown and everything.

I bet. Seen the reviews and it seems quite fun.

Do good things in this game. Dont kill anyone who shouldnt be killed. You'll get good ending.

I'm soooooooo excited for this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/rumor-a-resident-evil-4-remake-is-in-development/

I have booked re3 remake at my library. It'll be awesome ONCE corona goes away. Meanwhile I'll play the demo.

I loved it on Gamecube when it came out, RE5 was good also.

Nice! Growing up in Pakistan, I didn't have that option, sadly.

That is pretty cool. My video game designing experience began and ended with tic tac toe in VB during the first term of my undergrad.

I still haven't played AOE 3. Too many games in the library still awaiting my attention. University's CS 1.6 clan and batch clan for Dota during undergrad would be the peak of my competitive gaming career, I guess. That said, WOW would be the single most played game in my life. Played it for more than 12 years with small hiatuses here and there. Eventually life got too busy to allow me to dedicate enough time to it. Since a couple of years now it's just been my PS4 and some games here and there on the PC.

I bet. Seen the reviews and it seems quite fun.

I am mostly a Nintendo gamer and RTS guy. I love the Switch, so many great games. I also let little ones play it without worrying.

I was into FPS in undergrad, but the scene is too toxic and i got sick of Call of Duty gameplay.

Very excited for Age 4 and Age 3 remake at the moment.

I can't believe Blizzard blotched Warcraft 3 remake...

Whatever is not on Switch, I just get on my PC. I partially built it myself so it can run games very well on high FPS and resolutions.

I am mostly a Nintendo gamer and RTS guy. I love the Switch, so many great games. I also let little ones play it without worrying.

Sadly, I moved from Nintendo since the N64. However, have always wanted Nintendo as a second consoles. Probably, when the little one grows up a little more.

I was into FPS in undergrad, but the scene is too toxic and i got sick of Call of Duty gameplay.

Cent percent. That's actually why I only played matches within the Uni or for the Uni.

Couldn't agree more on Call of Duty. Titanfall 2 is the first FPS in more than a decade that I actually enjoyed.

I can't believe Blizzard blotched Warcraft 3 remake...

Ironically, I'm a little happy that Blizz isn't what it used to be. Makes me believe that I'm not missing out on much when it comes to WOW. Like when I couldn't properly play the WOD expansion for WOW, I was pretty pleased that it turned out to be bad. I know, it's selfish.

Whatever is not on Switch, I just get on my PC. I partially built it myself so it can run games very well on high FPS and resolutions.

PC Master Race.

Any adult who plays video games is a socially awkward depressed loser.

@krash I love this trailer, apparently it beat AC Odyssey reveal trailer views in just 2 days.

Interesting that they go for Arabic traveling scholar Ibn Fadlan's take on the Vikings and his humanist view of their culture (perhaps the only neutral text we have on them.) He described them as the most beautiful in looks and in actions among all people in the world, so impressed he was while living with them.

@krash I love this trailer, apparently it beat AC Odyssey reveal trailer views in just 2 days.

Looks really good! Just wish that they change the name. Get that irk every time they make an AC game in a region which had nothing to do with the historic Middle Eastern orders of the Hashishis/Assassins. I know, I'm just being whiny.

Interesting that they go for Arabic traveling scholar Ibn Fadlan's take on the Vikings and his humanist view of their culture (perhaps the only neutral text we have on them.) He described them as the most beautiful in looks and in actions among all people in the world, so impressed he was while living with them.

That sounds epic. Had no idea. Thought that they were just trying to cash in on the hype around everything viking these days.

Looks really good! Just wish that they change the name. Get that irk every time they make an AC game in a region which had nothing to do with the historic Middle Eastern orders of the Hashishis/Assassins. I know, I'm just being whiny.

That sounds epic. Had no idea. Thought that they were just trying to cash in on the hype around everything viking these days.
Yes...it would be risky relying on AC games for any sort of sound historical analysis.

The Vikings were actually pretty brutal towards dark ages Brits, the Romans were even more brutal. The real history of Europe is very gory, totally unlike these idealised love-ins we get exposed to spasmodically by hipster historians.

Great games though.

Looks good. I really hoped they would go to some Middle Eastern or even try out an East Asian country because so many European countries have had AC games by now. Still Valhalla looks like a solid addition. The only negative for me is the lack of any major sites that one can visit and explore during this period and place. Yes we have sites like Lindisfarne and Winchester but after Athens and the pyramids of Giza this will feel a bit off and for me AC has been all about exploring amazing historical sites like renaissance era Florence or medieval Jerusalem. Am looking forward to how they depict the Uppsala Temple though (if it even is).

Back
Top Bottom