What's new

Victory Parade. May 9, 2018

It is, and its even better to see it live. I never had a chance till now though. I have been on a 7th November, but 9th may it's harder, even more when you don't live in RF.

Who's that handsome fella? Awesome picture with that tank helmet, thanks for posting that!
Looks like a lot of fun; nothing like seeing an overwhelming amount of some of the most powerful military equipment in the world. Hope you had a blast. :tup:

Russia: Military parade marking the 73rd anniversary of the Victory Day

Reviewed parade footage for anniversary of passing of relative who was veteran of Red Army in WWII.

Not entirely happy with the WWII part. All peoples should be honored who fought beside the Red Army. That means including at least one or two French troops - the only Western nation to send forces to fight on the Soviet front. (It's a matter of taste whether to include the flags of the post-U.S.S.R. ex-Soviet states.)

Not sure all the different Red Army uniforms and victorious regimental flags were there. If the Soviet Navy was represented then I missed it. Is there a guide published of the parade for the benefit of tourists or foreigners?

Also, British & American equipment should be in the parade - I didn't see any - to honor the massive materiel support provided by these two allies. (I know these were included in some past parades because Khuruschev wrote about it in his memoir.)

I find these matters a strangely emotional issue for me. Probably because I had to listen to this veteran's screams at night as his nightmares made him relive his horrible wartime experiences whenever he stayed to visit. My personal feelings seem tied to this - that if Russia doesn't see fit to honor the sacrifices of those who fought for it, then I'm not going to care a hoot for today's Russian leaders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom