What's new

'Very difficult' to oust Russia from Ukraine in 2023 - top U.S. general Milley

I think Putin's gameplan is to keep the war going for atleast another year, and up the pressure and get better terms for the end of the war dynamics. The US general election in 2024 will be interesting. Currently the Republican Party is in a civil war between the Neocon faction and the Trump/Tucker Carlson wing which wants to pull out of Ukraine. If the US foreign policy apparatus implodes like it did in the 2016 election, when Clinton who wanted an intervention in Syria lost, then Its very unlikely Europe will "go it alone", and potentially capitulate without US backing and facilitation of support.

There are interesting political dynamics going on in America right now. I, who was a lifelong blind Democratic Party supporter, switched to vote for Trump in 2020 because I saw Dems as even more warmongering than Repubs then/now.
In my own circle, there are two American friends who are so polarized in their views that in our house parties, they have yelled at each other over political differences!!! The lady said to the guy: "Why don't you shoot yourself!?' just a few months ago. This was the second time she lost her temper. Needless to say, it soured our parties! All we, as hosts, could do was to change the subject and calm down the situation. But what's very interesting is that the guy--a blind Dem supporter is disillusioned with the foreign policy, especially about Ukraine. But, unlike me, he is too rigid to change his political stance. The lady was/is a Conservative/Republican and a blind Trump supporter. And yet, mysteriously to me, she supports the NeoCons' war against Russia. Her position is at odds against what a typical Trumpian/Tucker Carlson supporter would do. I try to avoid discussing politics with her. She was in our home just two days ago where she watched some geopolitcal movie with me wife--I stayed away. She was trying to convince my wife that supporting Ukraine against Russia is the best thing to do. I disagree with her. To me this is a NeoCons' war--business interests and war profiteering!! And I am glad there are at least some Repubs who are against this war.

As far as Europe is concerned--they are $ussies! They are nothing without America! A bunch of spineless people who couldn't even attack a C-grade power like Libya without American help!

It's not for you to add up, said this hundred time in the 12 years since, the management saw all the documentation here, I mean you can say whatever you want, but at the end of the day, I keep claiming it, you keep saying I am not, and I supposed you probably had been reporting like crazy in that 12 years I was on this forum, and the management did nothing, if you still cannot pick up that hint, I think you never will.

And no, I will not answer you any question either, again, I don't really care what you think.

Hey, Zelensky isn't satisfied with Western efforts. What do you have to say?

Hey, Zelensky isn't satisfied with Western efforts. What do you have to say?
I don't think arming Ukraine with 3 Brigade worth of Mechanise IFV is "Not satisfy".

They want Leopard tank and we are not the one producing them, I will have to say go ask the German.

But because of your strange story, everyone will be puzzled and curious, your mother moved to Vietnam because of WW2 and Chinese civill war, and you become a Chinese.. how can it possibly happen? You should by a Vietnamese by any logic. right?
go ask the management. I am done talking about this, I mean, 12 years. How many more time should I have talk about my background, I literally wrote a post on my background, no, THIS FORUM wrote a post ON MY BACKGROUND. you can go look at it if you like.

I don't care about what you think, I mean you can continue to say this or that, that ain't going to change the ground reality.

go ask the management. I am done talking about this, I mean, 12 years. How many more time should I have talk about my background, I literally wrote a post on my background, you can go look at it if you like.

I don't care about what you think, I mean you can continue to say this or that, that ain't going to change the ground reality.
But this is so strange, it can't happen, your mother is a Vietnamese, you are Chinese, and you don't know where you were born..., this is so wierd

I don't think arming Ukraine with 3 Brigade worth of Mechanise IFV is "Not satisfy".

They want Leopard tank and we are not the one producing them, I will have to say go ask the German.

go ask the management. I am done talking about this, I mean, 12 years. How many more time should I have talk about my background, I literally wrote a post on my background, no, THIS FORUM wrote a post ON MY BACKGROUND. you can go look at it if you like.

Yeah, but the delay and refusal is killing Ukrainians...

by magic......

Again, everything I claim i have backed up to the management, if you want to ask for proof, go ask the management, I am done talking, 12 years is enough to make such post. And I don't really care about this, if you care so much, go find out yourself.

Man, they are really onto you...

@hyperman @F-22Raptor
Funny to See Americans think
download.png
188,000 Russians soldiers killed - wow what a propuganda statistic ??

RT claims
download (1).png
33,000 Russians soldiers combined killed.

Meanwhile
ukr.png
the Puppet master Zelynskie says via his loud mouthed media since war began 500 / day Russians are getting killed on daily basis !!! Now calculate since Feb 2022 upto now total Killed (11 months(x30) X 500 daily) = 165,000 total Russians killed -- what a Joke of Ukraine propuganda ??
And yankees actually believe this Figure?

You told me by magic and I m agreeing with you, must be magic, I totallly agree.
Truly magic I guess, mother Vietnamese, father American, born in US, and you Chinese, yes, nothing short of a miracle.
oh, just checked it out, but your mother is a Vietnamese and you were born in US, how come you became a Chinese?

So you are talking about WW2, so your mother moved to Vietnam before PRC, just like overseas Chinese living in Malasia and Indonesia, Your mother then was not Chinese, we don't consider overseas Chinese Chinese citizens of PRC. But how come you are Chinese? If your mother birthed you before PRC and left your in China, you would be over 70 years old by now.
But all your stories don't add up, where were you born then?
@waz @LeGenD can you come here and shut down this 12 years old Nationality talk??

Been doing this since day 1, kind of tired we still talking about it now. And it's kind of getting old. And this is seriously off topic.

Funny to See Americans think View attachment 912399 188,000 Russians soldiers killed - wow what a propuganda statistic ??

RT claims View attachment 912400 33,000 Russians soldiers combined killed.

Meanwhile View attachment 912401the Puppet master Zelynskie says via his loud mouthed media since war began 500 / day Russians are getting killed on daily basis !!! Now calculate since Feb 2022 upto now total Killed (11 months(x30) X 500 daily) = 165,000 total Russians killed -- what a Joke of Ukraine propuganda ??
sure, Russia lost 30,000, is that why they mobilised 300,000 and still only manage to claw into Soledar after 5 months of fighting with said 300,000 mobilised soldier??

Dude, you have to be really naive to think the 30,000 is legit number. You don't replace 30,000 with 300,000 and have virtually no progress. And that is before any sane military strategist will tell you invading army always lose more than defending army.

sure, Russia lost 30,000, is that why they mobilised 300,000 and still only manage to claw into Soledar after 5 months of fighting with said 300,000 mobilised soldier??

Dude, you have to be really naive to think the 30,000 is legit number. You don't replace 30,000 with 300,000 and have virtually no progress. And that is before any sane military strategist will tell you invading army always lose more than defending army.
I totally agree the Russian killed figure is much more than 33k but even as the invading army.
The Russians have efficiently pulled back from Kherson in total defeat 2 months ago.
Now they have mobilized & attacked much better yet keeping their losses to bear minimum.
I am not saying their losses are 33k but no way near 188k that Allies claim.

I totally agree the Russian killed figure is much more than 33k but even as the invading army.
The Russians have efficiently pulled back from Kherson in total defeat 2 months ago.
Now they have mobilized & attacked much better yet keeping their losses to bear minimum.
I am not saying their losses are 33k but no way near 188k that Allies claim.
I wouldn't say their attack is keeping to bare minimum, they pour men over in Soledar into artillery range, from all the video and report of fighting i see the Russian probably loss upward to 2-3000 men taking the town. Ukrainian probably losing half those number.

188k probably at the high end, I would guess around 120-140k loss, which would make sense for the 300,000 mobilised replacement.

PS by loss I mean dead and wounded. As in non-recoverable casualty

I wouldn't say their attack is keeping to bare minimum, they pour men over in Soledar into artillery range, from all the video and report of fighting i see the Russian probably loss upward to 2-3000 men taking the town. Ukrainian probably losing half those number.

188k probably at the high end, I would guess around 120-140k loss, which would make sense for the 300,000 mobilised replacement.

PS by loss I mean dead and wounded. As in non-recoverable casualty
Yes I agree that figure to be in par with invading army losses. 120k-140k losses combined (dead + injured).

Personally I believe pulling out of Kherson without a single dead soldier & re-mobilize & attack in Soledar was brilliant tactic.

@hyperman @F-22Raptor
Funny to See Americans think View attachment 912399 188,000 Russians soldiers killed - wow what a propuganda statistic ??

RT claims View attachment 912400 33,000 Russians soldiers combined killed.

Meanwhile View attachment 912401the Puppet master Zelynskie says via his loud mouthed media since war began 500 / day Russians are getting killed on daily basis !!! Now calculate since Feb 2022 upto now total Killed (11 months(x30) X 500 daily) = 165,000 total Russians killed -- what a Joke of Ukraine propuganda ??

It’s 188,000 killed and wounded. Russian killed is over 60K+.

Chance of Trump win 2024 is near zero, you just need to look at Mid-Term 2022, and then the debacle of House Speaker vote, Trump brand is gone and has been since 2020. Everybody know it but Trump.

On the other hand, US already pledged support post 2024, and if they are going to pass the other bill that secure that 45 bil lodged last December passed both house (Definitely Senate, highly likely Congress) then US support to Ukraine would remain at least until 2026. With or Without Biden in power.

lol, I don't know if you just read the title and decided to post stuff. This is NOT what he said at all.

He said most war ends with negotiation, and it's US job to have Ukraine at the best position as possible to negotiate when the time come. Nobody expect Ukraine to roll over EVERY Russian position which include Crimea and Donbas, you can't undo 8 years of occupation in just 1 year of fighting, Crimea alone would have take Ukraine at least 5 years to claws back if they want to.

The goal is and always roll back Russia to pre-2022 line, it's not at all realistic to take Crimea at the end of 2023. You will need a navy for that.
The Russians may leave Crimea if the terms of the sanctions against them are reduced, but everyone doubts Putin would be willing to make that decision.

Putin will probably be assassinated by his own people as part of some back channel deal.

Back
Top Bottom