What's new

Vertical Launch Astra Based Air Defence System (LLQRM) Under Development

RCI is already developing a Ku-band active radar seeker for Astra. Its a derivative of an existing version of an active radar seeker developed by RCI.

System qualification is expected this year.

MMW seeker and IIR seeker has already been developed by RCI.
Yes I know, even the MMW seeker is already developed, but a pretty heavy for production version, need some refinements.
The IIR is already on par with International standard. The ARH seeker is already developed for Astra, going for ground testing. And the first test will be done in 2017.

Even the AAD seeker is also developed, at this test was with Indian seeker, but it failed. :(

Yes I know, even the MMW seeker is already developed, but a pretty heavy for production version, need some refinements.
The IIR is already on par with International standard. The ARH seeker is already developed for Astra, going for ground testing. And the first test will be done in 2017.

Even the AAD seeker is also developed, at this test was with Indian seeker, but it failed. :(

The Astra seeker is a toned down version of the AAD seeker. It is being system tested right now in RCI.

Seems like you have trouble reading enlish as well, I am not speaking French either so why don't you stop trying to be cute?

Yes it is not a complete Indian design but a Russian inspired one just like the Brahmos and every Indian made weapon in arsenal. That is what I mentioned in my previous post but seems like you have sand in your eyes. The designers did not make the similarities between Akash and SA-6 because they were a fan of SA-6 design. Arjun, LCA, Indian ballistic missiles, ships etc. have MASSIVE foreign input in design and equipment.

Emotional fools like you believe Indian weapons are 100% indigenous without having an iota of sense. Keep living in your fantasies.
Oh please. I didn't start being the smart-alec about the SA_6/Akash missile relationship here.

Here's another oldie. Do you recognize the Dutch Flycatcher? It is mated to a modified Russian OSA missile and bolted onto a BMP2 chassis. Tada.... Trishul SP-SAM
defence_trishul_20030630.jpg

Trishul2-1.jpg~original

ii8e2muzpn47eg.jpg
IMG_2309.jpg

Osa-AKM_9M33M3.jpg

Bulgarian_SA-8.jpg

Last edited:
Oh please. I didn't start being the smart-alec about the SA_6/Akash missile relationship here

So you think the physical similarities between Akash and SA-6 is just a co-incidence, right?

And Trishul was shut down because of it being an abject failure.

Indian weapons are either a rip-off or a ToT of foreign weapons. In fact ToT is now an open demand by India when India buys foreign weapons and yet some people have the audacity to claim India designs its own weapons.

So you think the physical similarities between Akash and SA-6 is just a co-incidence, right?

And Trishul was shut down because of it being an abject failure.

Indian weapons are either a rip-off or a ToT of foreign weapons. In fact ToT is now an open demand by India when India buys foreign weapons and yet some people have the audacity to claim India designs its own weapons.

So u think Indians are not designing and such a wuss in copying they demand ToT.

So u think Indians are not designing and such a wuss in copying they demand ToT.

I don't think that my friend, it is a fact that very deal made by India in past 10-20 years has involved ToT. MMRCA was a big headache because many companies refused to part with technology that took them years of research to develop.

Build T-90 tanks? ToT. Need modern aircraft? ToT. Need modern missiles? ToT. And oh, India still does not have source codes for Brahmos.

India is too much reliant on foreign co-operation and ToT. India does not "manufacture" T-90 tanks, it "assembles" the kits sent by Russia.

I don't think that my friend, it is a fact that very deal made by India in past 10-20 years has involved ToT. MMRCA was a big headache because many companies refused to part with technology that took them years of research to develop.

Build T-90 tanks? ToT. Need modern aircraft? ToT. Need modern missiles? ToT. And oh, India still does not have source codes for Brahmos.

India is too much reliant on foreign co-operation and ToT. India does not "manufacture" T-90 tanks, it "assembles" the kits sent by Russia.

We don't have source codes for brahmos ? :o:

We don't have source codes for brahmos ? :o:

Yes we don't unless I am mistaken or Russians have finally agreed. India cannot sell Brahmos to a 3rd country without Russian consent, I hope you were aware of that. The Brahmos is a modified/improved version of the Yakhont missile and is massively Russian in nature. I suspect Indian involvement has been the finance like in FGFA.

The designers did not make the similarities between Akash and SA-6 because they were a fan of SA-6 design. Arjun, LCA, Indian ballistic missiles, ships etc. have MASSIVE foreign input in design and equipment.

LMAO...

So the Russian threats never occurred? A simple Google search exposes your hollow claims.

What non sense ?

LMAO...

What non sense ?

Problem with having a conversation with emotional keyboard patriots like you is that you are immune to logic. If I say India has the most powerful military on earth you will jump up and down and applaud every word I type. I post a bitter fact and you start crying foul.

Keep your LMAO in your pocket. Without ToT India R&D is non-existent. Prove me wrong if you can.

Back
Top Bottom