What's new

Vertical Launch Astra Based Air Defence System (LLQRM) Under Development

so?...............will we then stop making SAM

seeker can be sourced

How are you going to target a craft / missile which is 300 KM away, I am not saying that we don't need to stop Making SAM. We need to think first for AKASH SAM and to increase to 100 KM MRSAM the one which we are co-developing with Israeli's. As They are master in this field and Russia is not willing to Share seekers technology.

They want to simply sell S300 PMU and S400 Models to India.

How are you going to target a craft / missile which is 300 KM away,
same way we able to hit 200 km away by AAD missile

I am not saying that we don't need to stop Making SAM. We need to think first for AKASH SAM and to increase to 100 KM MRSAM the one which we are co-developing with Israeli's. As They are master in this field and Russia is not willing to Share seekers technology.

They want to simply sell S300 PMU and S400 Models to India.
all you said is ok...............but for how long are going to make this midget missile with range less then 100 KM which @Tshering22 is pointing

in today's war our opponents will use SOW at greater range then 300 km if we don't have a least 300 km SAM......how we are going to defend

you cant keep on being defensive ........it need to be offensive
at less then 100 KM we will not able shoot any aircraft ..............only the SOW .............what if we have 300 kM SAM used to shoot the aircraft before it unload its SOWs

DRDO need to turn AAD missile (which already has a range of 200 KM)into full fledged SAM -cum-Terminal ABM like SM-6 or HQ-19

If this project is pursued, then sooner or later the Maitri will be rendered redundant.

Once again, Prasun K. Sengupta's take on the possible development path for the Astra missile has been
(or rather, is hopefully being) turned into reality.

Many country has tried this. SPYDER sam system is product of this 'method'.

Raytheon successfully tested launching AMRAAM missiles from a five-missile carrier on a M1097 Humvee. This system will be known as the SLAMRAAM (Surface Launched (SL) and AMRAAM). They receive their initial guidance information from a radar not mounted on the vehicle. Since the missile is launched without the benefit of an aircraft's speed or high altitude, its range is considerably shorter. (wikipedia)

Why can't we have a SAM system that can reach 300+ Km

What is this obsession with adding little by little
A 250+ km range SAM is under development if you believe Dr. Avinash Chandar.

A 250+ km range SAM is under development if you believe Dr. Avinash Chandar.

I remember him talking about it. But that was just an extension of the Pradhyumna BMD (Prithvi+Advanced AAD).

We need something like S-500s, complemented by Akash and then final layers of Barak and Maitri.

And this should not be for just metro cities but also for critical installations.

India should participate in the S-600 program.

Any confirmations?

I used the word "should". :D

No i mean s600. S 500 is already developed or in the later stages of being developed. S600 would be the next variant and India and Russia should work together on that one.

Is it anounced? Has work on it been started?

Back
Top Bottom