What's new

Verifying reports of faulty Chinese parts in def equipments

Ambitious.Asian

Reaction score
August 08, 2012, 18:07

New Delhi: The government is verifying media reports claiming that a large number of faulty Chinese spare parts have been used in the defence equipment sold by the US, Defence Minister A K Antony told Rajya Sabha on Thursday.

"There have been media reports that the faulty spare parts made in China have been used in the defence equipment being sold by US, which are being verified," Antony said in his written reply.

The Minister said this in reply to a question on whether the government was aware that a large number of faulty Chinese spare parts have beenb used in the defence equipment that were being sold by the US.

Antony also tabled a list of various defence equipment purchased from America during the last five years.

The list included Indian Naval Ship Jalashwa, UH-3H helicopters, Harpoon missiles, Long Range Acoustic Devices, modern hull penetrating periscopes, side scan sonar, C I30J aircraft, sensor fused weapons, C-17 Globemaster-III, P-8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft, Quick Reaction Team (QRT) boats, etc.

Replying to a question on acquisition of 126 fighter aircraft for the Indian Airb Force, Antony said, "The proposal for procurement of the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) is currently at the stage of commercial discussions."

The proposal will be considered further after the Contract Negotiations Committee (CNC) concludes its deliberations and submits its report, he added.

In reply to a question on corruption in defence deals, Antony said, "Complaints regarding irregularities in defence procurement are received from time to time. These complaints are examined and appropriate action taken."

Informing the House on the preventive steps taken to deal with these irregularities, the Minister said, "The Defence Procurement Procedure contains stringent provisions to ensure highest degree of probity, accountability and transparency."

Procurements are made only from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), authorised vendors, government sponsored export agencies and through inter-governmental route, he added.

"An Integrity Pact is also signed with bidders for all procurement schemes costing over Rs 100 crore," Antony said.

The Defence Minister also denied that premier defence research agency DRDO has not developed any quality product which could be used by the armed forces.

He tabled a list of arms, equipments, systems and missiles which have been developed by the DRDO and have already been inducted into the Services.

The list included some major systems such as Prithvi Surface-to-Surface Missile, Dhanush and Akash weapon system, BrahMos supersonic cruise missile and Pinaka Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher.

`Verifying reports of faulty Chinese parts in def equipment`

LoL.....Made in China always makes me a little :D bit Angry :P

LOL these defense contractors in the US are hit by defense budget cuts and world economies too and have to resort to buying cheap third rated parts. Buyers must beware!

@ AmbitiousAsian

Why blame China when you are buying procurements from the US. Is it China's fault when the US defense contractors trying to save money?

Why blame China when you are buying procurements from the US. Is it China's fault when the US defense contractors trying to save money?
I agree. We need to submit to the fact that China dominates the manufacturing Industry. They are here to stay, for a long time.

I don't think faulty is a correct word here. "Generic" should have been used.

Its not true!! Its propaganda!! Just like the below images .. they were first,American and the rest of the world copied from them !!
ridiculous-fake-products-in-china-part-2_14.jpg
chinese-fake-products-027.jpg
ridiculous-fake-products-in-china-part-2_17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom