What's new

Vehicles Used By Indian Air Force

Every IAF installation will have a Quick Reaction Team (QRT), depending on the size and nature of the base this QRT will either be made up of DSC/IAF police or for the most sensitive installations Guruds will be in place. Aside from that all IAF installations have armed DSC/IAF Police providing perimeter protection (on the gates and such).

There in no either/or. Its more like and at the operational bases. DSC and IAFP handle all the routine tasks at Gates; making entrys etc. The other guys are on the security detail at emplacements etc; and then there are elements of QRTs on reserve call.

There in no either/or. Its more like and at the operational bases. DSC and IAFP handle all the routine tasks at Gates; making entrys etc. The other guys are on the security detail at emplacements etc; and then there are elements of QRTs on reserve call.

Nope,i think Abingdonboy is right here.

I dont think Garuds gaurd every base in India.DSC personnel Armed with INSAS and SLRs are mostly seen everywhere along with MP.

I dont know what you mean by operational bases but Garuds are mostly present in sensitive bases like Srinagar,Avantipura,Udhampur etc.

I think we've talked about this in the past bro. Yeah, Indian military bases on the whole are almost excessively protected/guarded. At least this is what I've heard from many sources.
Its become more guarded after terrorists struck PAF bases. IAF learnt some lessons from that.

People if u guys have seen modi's convoy then there is a car(scorpio) in his convoy which was got a huge radar on it....what is the purpose of that car???

PS - i see his convoy almost every week

Nope,i think Abingdonboy is right here.

I dont think Garuds gaurd every base in India.DSC personnel Armed with INSAS and SLRs are mostly seen everywhere along with MP.

I dont know what you mean by operational bases but Garuds are mostly present in sensitive bases like Srinagar,Avantipura,Udhampur etc.

I meant all major operational bases; not just front-line ones.

these vehicles are more older than mig-21

Some of them are, viz the Ambassadors; not the others. But thats only the outside shell which has that retro look. The Drivetrain and Mechanicals are new, and have no connection whatsoever to what went inside the original design of the Ambassador.

Of course; they do not take to the air.

Indian officers and soldiers do not have the same level of luxury their Pakistani counterparts have.

A colleague of my dad in the PAK Army once told him in Africa serving under the blue berets that how Pakistani Officers easily get plots and other facility which unfortunately our officer dont get.

People if u guys have seen modi's convoy then there is a car(scorpio) in his convoy which was got a huge radar on it....what is the purpose of that car???

They are probably Jammers to disable IED's and Mobiles on the route.

It's not a radar but a jammer.

An example from Dr MMS's convoy (black Tata Safari):

austerity_pm_2-350_090413082644.jpg

Its become more guarded after terrorists struck PAF bases. IAF learnt some lessons from that.
At the time I know the Indian military conducted a through review of their base security but to be fair the Indian military base security was already top-notch BEFORE the attacks in Pakistan.

Yup...but i assure every Indian on this forum that the security is very tight...Infact out of the 3 times in the past 1 year i have been to a AF base i have had very tough time with the security on 2 occasions despite having permission from the Central Govt and higher ups.

They keep eyes on you so much so that you feel suffocated despite it being a peace area and not a filed base.

Bro, that's the way to do it! Naturally you are only as strong as your weakest point so great if even the less sensitive IAF bases are protected in such a way.

Like you say these guys are only doing their job.

Last edited:
you have not seen our shaktiman truck yet... I have seen it used as troop carrier as well as school bus. :laughcry:

ontopic: I have been to a navy base where my friend was working.... zero security.. that was many years ago...

Indian officers and soldiers do not have the same level of luxury their Pakistani counterparts have.

A colleague of my dad in the PAK Army once told him in Africa serving under the blue berets that how Pakistani Officers easily get plots and other facility which unfortunately our officer dont get.

IMHO that is fortunate rather than unfortunate...

our officers do get plots as my father has got one....

our officers do get plots as my father has got one....

Dude,my entire family is in the Army..none of my relatives got a flat and i have everyone from a Major General to Major in my family.Army doesnt give any plots nor does it get you any discount.

Ya the Govt gives plot to a matyr's family.

Dude,my entire family is in the Army..none of my relatives got a flat and i have everyone from a Major General to Major in my family.Army doesnt give any plots nor does it get you any discount.

I think he was talking about the projects that the Army itself undertakes under welfare scheme? You would be better informed but don't the Army has its own Residential Projects like other Ministries of the Govt?

obviously they do not give it for free......but they roll out schemes for officers under the respective development authority like jaipur development authority(JDA) in our case...(my father is a major in territorial army)...and these schemes make plots quite affordable for all those officers who wanna buy land...and its a first come first get type of scheme and the types of plots may vary with the designation of officers....and there are limited plots only

Back
Top Bottom