What's new

'Veena Malik is a bookie'- says Delhi-based cricket photographer Dheeraj Dikshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nonsense thread!!

Mods please do the needful!

You are new, you dont know the derogatory sense in which madam jana has been using it for years.
For years....But you joined 5 months ago.... damn multiple IDs.

And also explain what derogatory. India is Bharat and Bharat is India. So Indian is Bharti and Bharti is Indian.

:agree: you need to be upfront about things which take up for discussion.

Exactly what does it mean?

Does it mean the you watch 'bharatiya masala media' as a part of your work related research, and no other motives?

for Pakistan its Pakistani. For Bharat its Bharti.

If word **** is used then be prepared for ****** and *********

:what: How about just Indian? The rest of the world calls us that.. why can't you

If you're gonna call us Bharatiya spell it right.

I dont know whats my fellow indians have the problem with bhartiya

I don't seem to understand why we are teaching each other the ABCs instead of posting our take on the story at hand, and reply to the articles of the OP.

IT'S DEROGATORY! I don't know what's up with the Indian members here, but I KNOW it's being used in a derogatory way.
Yeah right....Just because you think you know.....

Guys, the problem is that in India no one refers to Indians as Bharatis... They do say Bharatiya Pradhan Mantri... (Indian PM) or Bharatiya Sena (Indian Army)...
(as in the sense of 'belonging to') but never as Bharatis to the people of India and that the reason why some Indians do not like the word being used.

For people of India they would use Bharatiya Janata which is a more appropriate word for Indians and most would agree.

If you hear Urdu News. You'll notice its called Bharti in Pakistan like Bharti wazireazam ney waghera waghera. They dont say bhartiya wazireazam ney

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Tell me whats wrong with Bharti.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with 'bharti'
'bharti' is a nown while 'bhartiya' is adjective...

'bharti' can be a name of person (divya bharti etc), company(airtel bharti, prasar bharti etc)

'bhartiya' indicates that a person or property belongs to Bharat i.e. India

@ BENNY

Its how we call it in Urdu. Bharti. In hindi or sanskrit it could be Bharati but in Urdu Its bharti.

Mjnaushad sir ji, i can use word from what we speak here in kerala about many things.

There is no word called bharti .. the only word is a sanskrit word .. how can a sanskrit word be transformed into whatever word in another language..

There are more than 28+ official languages here , if all start their interpretation of words saying this is what is here in my language , things can go wayward.

All Indian know Bharti only as a mobile phone company and any future reference of that word be considered by me as a reference to tha airtel and its mobile phone offers, nothing else.

For Bharat its Bharatiya... not bharti.. thats the name of a cellular phone company who owns airtel.

Anyway Bharat is a Sanskrit word.. I am happy that you guys says it everyday in speech.. I think lots of people have problem or start itching when they need to type the word indian, so are typing bharti instead which gives them immense pleasure. :lol:

yeah correct......:rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom