What's new

Varyag ready to sail?

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
There are lot of navy officers appear in the dock. :coffee:

[video]http://you.video.sina.com.cn/api/sinawebApi/outplayrefer.php/vid=55443010_1314731975_Ox23GipuDmKP+Eh0HTWxve0D+/cXuvDojG+wv1GkJA5PE1XaapmcZtkE4CjWFqwbrz0xHcZkeP8w kkR5Zatb3zctaggahVE/s.swf[/video]

Still alot of junk laying on the flight deck, so I'm guessing no. The officers are probably there to familiarize themselves with the ship prior to bringing it into service. If I have to take a rough guess, I would say September or October before it leaves port.

Even a smoky ship but with appropriate sensors & the ability to carr 20-30 planes will prove pain in the a$$ for westerners. Chinese naval ambitions can be seen in their training, production of naval versions, & their developments in CIWS systems like the type-730; plus they are also developing some nice OTH-SW radars (CEIEC Surface Wave-OTH (SW-OTH) Radar) . Will make their ability to discover VLO targets relatively improved in the sense that even if they can't guide missile upto VLO target till its terminal impact they can atleast direct their planes in specified directions

Some news articles put the trial date as July 1 and the launch date as October 1. But again, one has to question the accountability of these sources.

Back
Top Bottom