What's new

Varyag is just a training aircraft carrier, Service in 2011.

cross1993

Reaction score
Now China's aircraft carrier(is not Varyag) is manufactured in Changxing Island.
There are two aircraft carriers being manufactured in Changxing Island. displacement 78000t, Expected 2012 service.

186edf37f5.jpg

5618482820110227012319053_640.jpg

5618482820110227012334067_640.jpg

Is the 2nd pic just for comparison purpose? Cos it has a massive northrop grumman sign on it :-)

But if the Chinese boys said it is an aircraft carrier, then it is an aircraft carrier, evidences be damned.

Well need for evidences are overrated anyway. If they wanna call an oil tanker a carrier, you should let them. Jesus said not to judge anyone right?

Varyag was just a ship hull when it was sold to China, it gonna be rebuilt by Dalian Shipyard.

Jiangnan Shipyard, on the other hand, is the biggest and the most advanced shipbuilder in China. It was the shipbuilder of Type 052C, for sure they gonna build the indigenous AC as well.

The first step is to build two 80,000 tons class CVs, then later with two 100,000 tons class CVNs equipped with electromagnetic catapult.

I am really disappointed by the negative attitude of some posters. Mistakes can happen anywhere, and is not confined to one section of people. Constantly claiming that the Chinese posters are the only ones to stick misleading illustrations on widely-varying text sounds terribly close to racism, and can only be a very low-IQ way of responding to the post. A big ship is a big ship; whether the precise illustration is that of a super-tanker or of an aircraft carrier is really not the point.

I suggest that instead of being negative for the sake of being negative, we should follow the example of the poster who saw the positive side of things, and pointed out that, leaving aside aircraft carriers for the moment, China had achieved superiority to South Korea in shipbuilding.
This looks like a supertanker hull

But if the Chinese boys said it is an aircraft carrier, then it is an aircraft carrier, evidences be damned.

[/QUOTE]

Well need for evidences are overrated anyway. If they wanna call an oil tanker a carrier, you should let them. Jesus said not to judge anyone right?

pics are definitely tankers

Yep but nice to know that China is building supertanker though. I heard we passed South Korea as the world's top ship builders.

I am really disappointed by the negative attitude of some posters. Mistakes can happen anywhere, and is not confined to one section of people. Constantly claiming that the Chinese posters are the only ones to stick misleading illustrations on widely-varying text sounds terribly close to racism, and can only be a very low-IQ way of responding to the post. A big ship is a big ship; whether the precise illustration is that of a super-tanker or of an aircraft carrier is really not the point.

I suggest that instead of being negative for the sake of being negative, we should follow the example of the poster who saw the positive side of things, and pointed out that, leaving aside aircraft carriers for the moment, China had achieved superiority to South Korea in shipbuilding.

It's ok. No biggie.

Be sure to check out the Chinese dynasty thread, there's been some interest discussion there.

[/QUOTE]

sir i was not being "negative" merely pointing out what i see, i have no illusions about china's carriers plans, they will build them, probably building them now. and yes china recently beat out SK in ship building, but the quality still needs to be worked on but of course that doesnt take away from the achievement.

sir i was not being "negative" merely pointing out what i see, i have no illusions about china's carriers plans, they will build them, probably building them now. and yes china recently beat out SK in ship building, but the quality still needs to be worked on but of course that doesnt take away from the achievement.

South Korea doesn't have any quality either. China's shipbuilding quality will beat Japan by 2015.

Back
Top Bottom