What's new

Vacation Destination?

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I haven't been on vacation in long time(Besides overseas). Recently I had chance to go Chicago. I drove on my own. I took sibling around for one day. First to Chicago mall then one of their Museums. While both were nice. I didn't find interest in spending at mall as almost everything was very expensive. Besides some clothes/watches. My biggest complaint was driving. Honestly this was worst experience driving through this city. It wasn't so busy but I'm not familiar with area and relied on google maps which gave me wrong directions have of time. Worst part is being able to find parking space. I could not for the life of me find parking spots besides valet parking.

This was getting on my nerves on made me want to leave next day. Which I did. Chicago is not good place for driving. If you have apartment at heart of city it is better to walk. And I don't have that. The weather isn't great either.

But it revived feeling in me that I want to have a vacation. Preferably on my own. I don't like having responsibility of others nor any annoyances. Some things I would like:

1. Warm weather
2. Nice historical sites which I can tour without waiting in 5 hour line
3. Good food
4. Nice tourism shops to get some keychains or other things
5. Maybe an affordable tour to view historical sites
6. Decent shopping malls

I was first thinking of areas like Florida or California but they are party places. I do not want to party. I want to relax my head off after upcoming college semester. At same time I was considering possibly doing Umrah.

So what came to mind:

1. Turkey(Great meddietrean food, historical sites, natural sites, possible affordable?) @Sinan @T-123456
2. Italy(For historical sites, other than that I don't know)
3. Saudi Arabia(Religious sites)
4. Pakistan(Nice nature sites here, nice capital as well, gun range? ) @DESERT FIGHTER @Selous
5. Iran(nice capital, any nice sites to see there?) @haman10 @JEskandari

China.
not one of the big cities on the coast.
maybe Sichuan??

China.
not one of the big cities on the coast.
maybe Sichuan??

I don't know about China. Not familiar with their culture/food/peoples. I prefer somewhere in Middle East or near Asia. European nations with rich history are fine too. I would like to see some nice historical sites.

@Falcon29 - If you come to Pakistan don't mention that you're a Palestinian; no one would charge you anything and that'll rob our economy of some precious foreign currency earnings ! :mad:

I'm gonna come to settle score with you. :lol: :P

if you arent a scared p.... you shouls visit Pak ... specially Gilgit Baltistan..

if you arent a scared p.... you shouls visit Pak ... specially Gilgit Baltistan..

Not scared of anything, went to Sinai and Gaza. Pakistan and Iran is normal destination. :)

I just not sure what to do there.

I haven't been on vacation in long time(Besides overseas). Recently I had chance to go Chicago. I drove on my own. I took sibling around for one day. First to Chicago mall then one of their Museums. While both were nice. I didn't find interest in spending at mall as almost everything was very expensive. Besides some clothes/watches. My biggest complaint was driving. Honestly this was worst experience driving through this city. It wasn't so busy but I'm not familiar with area and relied on google maps which gave me wrong directions have of time. Worst part is being able to find parking space. I could not for the life of me find parking spots besides valet parking.

This was getting on my nerves on made me want to leave next day. Which I did. Chicago is not good place for driving. If you have apartment at heart of city it is better to walk. And I don't have that. The weather isn't great either.

But it revived feeling in me that I want to have a vacation. Preferably on my own. I don't like having responsibility of others nor any annoyances. Some things I would like:

1. Warm weather
2. Nice historical sites which I can tour without waiting in 5 hour line
3. Good food
4. Nice tourism shops to get some keychains or other things
5. Maybe an affordable tour to view historical sites
6. Decent shopping malls

I was first thinking of areas like Florida or California but they are party places. I do not want to party. I want to relax my head off after upcoming college semester. At same time I was considering possibly doing Umrah.

So what came to mind:

1. Turkey(Great meddietrean food, historical sites, natural sites, possible affordable?) @Sinan @T-123456
2. Italy(For historical sites, other than that I don't know)
3. Saudi Arabia(Religious sites)
4. Pakistan(Nice nature sites here, nice capital as well, gun range? ) @DESERT FIGHTER @Selous
5. Iran(nice capital, any nice sites to see there?) @haman10 @JEskandari
Brother I actually live in South Africa so regarding Pakistan I think you should ask @DESERT FIGHTER @FaujHistorian @Armstrong @Pakistani shaheens etc.
But if it is vacations you want then look no further than South Africa :) SA is beautiful, hospitable, diverse and amazing. The amount of activities you can do in SA there is no country that can compete. You can sight see, hunt, fish, fly, paraglide, sail, scuba, snorkel, swim, go for a safari etc. I am a fairly well traveled guy but I can tell you that I have yet to see a land that I like more than Africa (except Pakistan of course :) )

Brother I actually live in South Africa so regarding Pakistan I think you should ask @DESERT FIGHTER @FaujHistorian @Armstrong @Pakistani shaheens etc.
But if it is vacations you want then look no further than South Africa :) SA is beautiful, hospitable, diverse and amazing. The amount of activities you can do in SA there is no country that can compete. You can sight see, hunt, fish, fly, paraglide, sail, scuba, snorkel, swim, go for a safari etc. I am a fairly well traveled guy but I can tell you that I have yet to see a land that I like more than Africa (except Pakistan of course :) )

I should take that into consideration. Thanks for letting me know. :)

120322025348-south-africa-karoo-fracking-3-horizontal-gallery.jpg
giraffe.jpg
naturebeauty-1.jpg
naturebeauty-32.jpg
paarl-south-africa.jpg
Springboks.jpg
Wallpaper-Ideas-South-Africa2.jpg

Depends on what you are interested in?

City scene. That has stores/restuarants. Nature sites, I remember some here posted photos in a thread of Pakistani mountains and other things like that. They look very interesting. Historical sites too, I'm sure you have Islamic sites there.

ever considered visiting Australia ???
try Tasmania

Never considered, what is there? Stuff like this looks very nice(in Greece):

Melissani_Cave_[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom