What's new

Usa's 5th and projected 6th gen Fighters are FAILURES !

Радж Синха

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
USA ' s 5th gen fighter ' stealth ' fighters are ' not worthy ' !

>
Okay so firstly I share the news , and then I discuss in details .

.....................................................................................................................................................................

!! US Navy's 6th Generation Fighter Jets Will Be Slow and Unstealthy !!

The U.S. Navy’s next generation air superiority fighter will not be “super-duper fast” or employ much in the way of stealth, a senior navy official announced on Wednesday.

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert, the Navy’s top officer, divulged some details about the Navy’s so-called Next Generation Air Dominance F/A-XX fighter jet during a speech at an industry conference.

> “I don’t see that it’s going to be super-duper fast, because you can’t outrun missiles.” Greenert said, the Washington Examiner reported.
> “And you can’t become so stealthy that you become invisible — you are going to generate a signature of some sort,” he also noted, adding
> “You know that stealth may be overrated…. If something moves fast through the air and disrupts molecules in the air and puts out heat – I don’t care how cool the engine can be – it’s going to be detectable.”

In lieu of stealth and speed, Greenert said that the F/A-XX would gain access by deploying “a spectrum of weapons” that could suppress enemy air defenses.

Greenert made the remarks while speaking at the Naval Future Force Science and Technology Expo in Washington, DC.

His concerns about speed and stealth appear to be valid. As USNI News notes, the proliferation of high-speed anti-air weapons to America’s potential adversaries greatly reduces the value of speed. Stealth also is a wasting asset, as Dave Majumdar recently explained on The National Interest:

“Russia and China are already working on new networked air defenses coupled with new radars operating in the UHF and VHF-bands that threaten to neutralize America’s massive investment in fifth-generation fighters. Fighter-sized stealth aircraft are only optimized to perform against high-frequency fire control band radars operating in the Ku, X, C and portions of the S-band.”

That the next generation fighter will gain access primarily by suppressing enemy air defenses also isn’t entirely surprising. After all, the Navy already employs the Boeing EA-18G Growler, an electronic warfare variant of the the F/A-18F Super Hornet, one of the planes that the F/A-XX will eventually replace.

Still, Greenert’s claims about the declining value of stealth and speed pose some stark questions for the armed forces and American taxpayers. The U.S. has spent decades and hundreds of billions of dollars developing and fielding the “super-duper fast” F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, both of which rely on stealth to be effective. These fifth generation aircraft are expected to be the foundation of the U.S. fighter fleet for years to come. If their capabilities quickly become inadequate to meet America’s security needs, the U.S. could find itself facing a glaring fighter gap.

It’s little wonder then that the military is already fast at work trying to develop the next generation X-plane even though the F-35 JSF is not even operational yet. Unfortunately, these sixth generation fighters might not operational until 2035.

................................................................................................................................................................................
So ,

1. Stealth ? The stealth fighters aren't actually invisible as it seems . If the 6th gen fighters will be unstealthy then think about the 5th gen fighter . It maybe much more visible to the enemy radars .

2. Next gen tech ?

5th gen fighters do not carry anything ' out of the world ' class technology that may outrun the 4.5 gen jets . Us's 5th gen fighter Lightning II has slower speed , and has lesser manoeuvrability .
It will be fitted with same missiles too. It's lethal capability is it's ' stealth ' . But now that is totally questionable .

Till today we were aware of that fact that Russian S 400 systems are equipped with stealth jet tracking radars and missiles to engage them . And China succeeded to track stealth fighters .

After the news came out in public , we started to have serious doubts over actual stealth capability of those aircrafts ..And there may not be only one or two systems which can track them , but there could be MANY such systems which can track them .

I myself talked with many people and they keep knowledge over radars and such things , they often said that there are radars for sure which may track those jets , it's not only Russia's S 400 and they say that it is ' Not much hard to make , not at all ' ..

4. Time factor : The 6th gen fighters will only be operational on 2035 , there are 20 years left to do with it . Yet , we are already aware of the fact that stealth is not a sure thing . We have 20 years to produce a radar which may easily track them .

5. Physics is on our side : When an airplane goes by air , it produces heat , let the engine shut down , still it's speed will create friction in the air molecules and produces heat . None can change that . Even if human masters physics and bypass that , it is very much unlikely to get such kind of tech in foreseeable future .
...........................................................................................................................................

So , the future of SAM and RADARS are brighter than ' Stealth ' next gen aircrafts .
USA'S Trillion dollar defence project might be part of a big SCAM to misuse tax payer's money ! SO BEWARE ! When Someone offers you a Lightning II / Any other 5th gen aircraft in exchange a big money , then you know what to do .

The Boeing F/A-XX ( 6th gen ) concept design :

Boeing_F-A-XX_2013.jpeg

>

.....................................................................................................................................................................

The U.S. Navy’s next generation air superiority fighter will not be “super-duper fast” or employ much in the way of stealth, a senior navy official announced on Wednesday.

Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert, the Navy’s top officer, divulged some details about the Navy’s so-called Next Generation Air Dominance F/A-XX fighter jet during a speech at an industry conference.

> “I don’t see that it’s going to be super-duper fast, because you can’t outrun missiles.” Greenert said, the Washington Examiner reported.
> “And you can’t become so stealthy that you become invisible — you are going to generate a signature of some sort,” he also noted, adding
> “You know that stealth may be overrated…. If something moves fast through the air and disrupts molecules in the air and puts out heat – I don’t care how cool the engine can be – it’s going to be detectable.”

In lieu of stealth and speed, Greenert said that the F/A-XX would gain access by deploying “a spectrum of weapons” that could suppress enemy air defenses.

Greenert made the remarks while speaking at the Naval Future Force Science and Technology Expo in Washington, DC.

His concerns about speed and stealth appear to be valid. As USNI News notes, the proliferation of high-speed anti-air weapons to America’s potential adversaries greatly reduces the value of speed. Stealth also is a wasting asset, as Dave Majumdar recently explained on The National Interest:

“Russia and China are already working on new networked air defenses coupled with new radars operating in the UHF and VHF-bands that threaten to neutralize America’s massive investment in fifth-generation fighters. Fighter-sized stealth aircraft are only optimized to perform against high-frequency fire control band radars operating in the Ku, X, C and portions of the S-band.”

That the next generation fighter will gain access primarily by suppressing enemy air defenses also isn’t entirely surprising. After all, the Navy already employs the Boeing EA-18G Growler, an electronic warfare variant of the the F/A-18F Super Hornet, one of the planes that the F/A-XX will eventually replace.

Still, Greenert’s claims about the declining value of stealth and speed pose some stark questions for the armed forces and American taxpayers. The U.S. has spent decades and hundreds of billions of dollars developing and fielding the “super-duper fast” F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, both of which rely on stealth to be effective. These fifth generation aircraft are expected to be the foundation of the U.S. fighter fleet for years to come. If their capabilities quickly become inadequate to meet America’s security needs, the U.S. could find itself facing a glaring fighter gap.

It’s little wonder then that the military is already fast at work trying to develop the next generation X-plane even though the F-35 JSF is not even operational yet. Unfortunately, these sixth generation fighters might not operational until 2035.

................................................................................................................................................................................
So ,

1. Stealth ? The stealth fighters aren't actually invisible as it seems . If the 6th gen fighters will be unstealthy then think about the 5th gen fighter . It maybe much more visible to the enemy radars .

2. Next gen tech ?

5th gen fighters do not carry anything ' out of the world ' class technology that may outrun the 4.5 gen jets . Us's 5th gen fighter Lightning II has slower speed , and has lesser manoeuvrability .
It will be fitted with same missiles too. It's lethal capability is it's ' stealth ' . But now that is totally questionable .

Till today we were aware of that fact that Russian S 400 systems are equipped with stealth jet tracking radars and missiles to engage them . And China succeeded to track stealth fighters .

After the news came out in public , we started to have serious doubts over actual stealth capability of those aircrafts ..And there may not be only one or two systems which can track them , but there could be MANY such systems which can track them .

I myself talked with many people and they keep knowledge over radars and such things , they often said that there are radars for sure which may track those jets , it's not only Russia's S 400 and they say that it is ' Not much hard to make , not at all ' ..

4. Time factor : The 6th gen fighters will only be operational on 2035 , there are 20 years left to do with it . Yet , we are already aware of the fact that stealth is not a sure thing . We have 20 years to produce a radar which may easily track them .

5. Physics is on our side : When an airplane goes by air , it produces heat , let the engine shut down , still it's speed will create friction in the air molecules and produces heat . None can change that . Even if human masters physics and bypass that , it is very much unlikely to get such kind of tech in foreseeable future .
...........................................................................................................................................

So , the future of SAM and RADARS are brighter than ' Stealth ' next gen aircrafts .
USA'S Trillion dollar defence project might be part of a big SCAM to misuse tax payer's money ! SO BEWARE ! When Someone offers you a Lightning II / Any other 5th gen aircraft in exchange a big money , then you know what to do .

Boeing_F-A-XX_2013.jpeg

Your analysis seems to be devoid of any understanding of the USN. Unlike the Air Force, the Navy hates stealth and sees its limitations, hence the focus on electronic warfare instead of stealth platforms.

Stealth Vs. Electronic Attack - USNI News

Stealth is not magic, it can't stop everything. Hell, our oldest Spy-1s could detect stealth aircraft based solely on the radar's power output. It put out so much energy that nothing was truly able to hide from it, the AMDR will have 30x more power than the current Spy standard.

Raytheon: Air and Missiles Defense Radar (AMDR)

The US, the Navy in particular, knows the limitations of stealth, hence why it is placing less focus on future stealth projects and increased focus on Electronic Warfare.

Home -
Electronic Warfare Center

Navy Forges New EW Strategy: Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare « Breaking Defense - Defense industry news, analysis and commentary

Navy Places Priority on Advancing Electronic Warfare | DoD Buzz

US Navy to equip MQ-8C UAV for electronic warfare - IHS Jane's 360

Opinion: U.S. Navy Entering New Future of Electronic Warfare - USNI News

Electronic warfare was part of my job in the USN, we are much more concerned about electronic countermeasure than placing our eggs into the stealth basket. Hopefully the Air Force wakes up from its stealth dream soon too.

Please tell me you're not being serious. Your analysis is strange to say the least.

Also, here's the link to the OP

CNO Greenert: Navy’s Next Fighter Might Not Need Stealth, High Speed - USNI News

Note, it doesn't state any of the doom-saying in the OP's analysis (though the article is accurate), it just speculates on the future of stealth. A future which is of yet unwritten.

Last edited:
Your analysis seems to be devoid of any understanding of the USN. Unlike the Air Force, the Navy hates stealth and sees its limitations, hence the focus on electronic warfare instead of stealth platforms.

Stealth is not magic, it can't stop everything. Hell, our oldest Spy-1s could detect stealth aircraft based solely on the radar's power output. It put out so much energy that nothing was truly able to hide from it, the AMDR will have 30x more power than the current Spy standard. The US knows the limitations of stealth, hence why it is placing less focus on future stealth projects and increased focus on Electronic Warfare and speed.

Please tell me you're not being serious. Your analysis is strange to say the least.

Good evening man , I think we met before lol .
Anyway , as you are from Usa , I understand that truth hurts .
The lightning II is primarily defined as " all weather stealth multirole fighter " , and now you say that Usa don't give priority to the stealth ? That's strange .
You said : " The US knows the limitations of stealth, hence why it is placing less focus on future stealth projects and increased focus on Electronic Warfare and speed " ..Read the news , it will be of less speed .
Probably lesser manoeuvrability too . My analysis is not strange , it is you that talking strange that usa doesn't puts priority over stealth , when they promotes ' stealth ' feature when they try to sell the jet to other countries / fool other countries ....

Electronic warfare was part of my job in the USN, we are much more concerned about electronic countermeasure that placing our eggs into the stealth basket. Hopefully the Air Force wakes up from its stealth dream soon too.

Also, here's the link to the OP

Note, it doesn't state any of the doom-saying in the OP's analysis (though the article is accurate), it just speculates on the future of stealth. A future which is of yet unwritten.

[/QUOTE]

So may I say that , Russia ' thrashed ' the stealth dream of USA ? :)
They tried and tried , but everytime Russia came up with a generation ahead with their anti aircraft missiles and radars ?
Now they are focusing on electronic warfare , So how long time is left when I will hear from you that , ' electronic airfare has it's limits so US don't give priority to this anymore ' ?

>

So ,

2. Next gen tech ?

Boeing_F-A-XX_2013.jpeg
It's LIKE saying body Armor will get advanced so no point in using guns at war . NONSE Headers .

By 2030 Technology OF Stealth will be out of our imagination.

uhmm 1st stealth was never meant to be invisible in the first place , it reduces the detection range thus giving the fighter an upper hand in range when it comes to dealing with SAMs.

2nd F-35 has a lot of new weapons developed just for it , Cuda for example , smaller while packing the same range and
enabling the F-35 to carry about 10 - 12 of them. Just one example , there are many others.

3rd In this age , US can easily map out the SAM network of the country,
enabling the fighters to completely avoid them and deal with them outside of their range.

then why is Russia/China so desperate to develop a 5th gen ????

>

So ,

2. Next gen tech ?

Boeing_F-A-XX_2013.jpeg

Why don't you study up a bit, here's a few links about our EW capabilities, then come back and make a new analysis. Right now your analysis is speculatory, over-exaggerated and unsupported by nothing other than your emotions and words. Provide evidence, I have, it shouldn't be hard for you either.

And don't use the "new member, can't post links" excuse. Work around that limitation, we all were new members once.

Firstly , that is unfortunate that you bring new member topic , as it has nothing to do here . I can copy paste , I am not illiterate lol .

secondly , do you really think you understood my post above ?

I posted a news which was said by navy personnel of USA , not me .
I generally talked about Stealth feature which is not even in doubt but is sure that it is a US propaganda to fool other countries , to make them buy it .

And next , you now come up with electronic warfare capability ,
You may have better knowledge than me in this area , but what I have learnt after talking to many american is that , they live in theories , not in reality ..

Theories about EA capabilities of US is mesmerizing , but what makes you think that you should underplay your ' enemy's ' capability in this specific topic ?

I can't post links , but you should know it already , " Donald Cook news ? "

What frightened the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea?"

The State Department acknowledged that the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized ever since their vessel was flown over in the Black Sea by a RussianSukhoi-24 (Su-24) fighter jet which carried neither bombs nor missiles but only an electronic warfare device.

This video shows the USS Donald Cook sailing into the Black Sea to position itself near Russia’s territorial waters.

On 10 April 2014, the USS Donald Cook entered the waters of the Black Sea and on 12 April a Russian Su-24 tactical bomber flew over the vessel triggering an incident that, according to several media reports, completely demoralized its crew, so much so that the Pentagon issued a protest [1].

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawk missiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta [2], contained a Russian electronic warfare device called Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about to be - with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed - repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.

Vladimir Balybine - director of the research center on electronic warfare and the evaluation of so-called "visibility reduction" techniques attached to the Russian Air Force Academy - made the following comment:

"The more a radio-electronic system is complex, the easier it is to disable it through the use of electronic warfare."

A video presentation of the US Aegis system. Currently installed on the most sophisticated US Navy warships and in the process of being set up throughout the entire range of NATO naval forces, this missile defense system was completely knocked out in the Black Sea by a Russian electronic warfare device.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

You may avoid the fact that EA capabilities is Us's next gen's next lethal characteristics , but actually it is not .
I would prefer Stealth , as you started this project at first , but now after getting smashed looking towards EA capabilities , which has already proven to be sick ....Theories are good ,
war happens in reality , not on theories . Yes , if , going to fool others by propaganda and making scams , then it's okay ...No problem .
:)

Funny you should mention the Donald Cook, that's been discussed before... and that story proven BS before too:
Not really , it's another lie to hide a lie .... :) Be happy with it , if you want .
I only want to say that 5th gen fighters are good , even 6th gen fighters are good , but Usa should stop boasting about it , and make such a high budget , and stop fooling other countries . You are american , and you should also protest about it for making trillion dollar project in such things :D why not to make WWII era planes by 2 million dollar / plane ..
Get 300000 planes in the sky , run the enemy aerospace .:P It will be more terrific , and will strike panic . lol

then why is Russia/China so desperate to develop a 5th gen ????
I don't know about China , but Russian FGFA is of much lower price , it is only 100 m $ . And they don't boast about it much ..
It maybe a improved version of 4.5 jets , but Usa plays as it's lightning II is made by aliens :D .

uhmm 1st stealth was never meant to be invisible in the first place , it reduces the detection range thus giving the fighter an upper hand in range when it comes to dealing with SAMs.

2nd F-35 has a lot of new weapons developed just for it , Cuda for example , smaller while packing the same range and
enabling the F-35 to carry about 10 - 12 of them. Just one example , there are many others.

3rd In this age , US can easily map out the SAM network of the country,
enabling the fighters to completely avoid them and deal with them outside of their range.
Piece of cake ! Then why Usa did not want Russia to sell the S 300 sams to Iran ?
They could jam them too , they already have F22 raptor with superior EA capability hmm ?

Not really , it's another lie to hide a lie .... :) Be happy with it , if you want .
I only want to say that 5th gen fighters are good , even 6th gen fighters are good , but Usa should stop boasting about it , and make such a high budget , and stop fooling other countries . You are american , and you should also protest about it for making trillion dollar project in such things :D why not to make WWII era planes by 2 million dollar / plane ..
Get 300000 planes in the sky , run the enemy aerospace .:P It will be more terrific , and will strike panic . lol

I don't know about China , but Russian FGFA is of much lower price , it is only 100 m $ . And they don't boast about it much ..
It maybe a improved version of 4.5 jets , but Usa plays as it's lightning II is made by aliens :D .

at full rate production the price of F-35 will be pretty cheap

Lockheed Martin last month announced it expected the F-35 unit cost to decline to $80-$85 million by 2019, the current cost of an F-35 is $115 million.

Lockheed Martin (LMT) to Deliver 43 More F-35s in $4B Deal with Pentagon

Back
Top Bottom