What's new

USA offers 24 F-16 jets to Indonesia

Calm down you've to think deep in order to get what I said.

Budget concerns forced Indonesia to refuse an earlier US government offer of a newer model of Fighting Falcon, the F-16 C/D.

AS I KNOW Indonesian gdp is very close to TURKEY , why they have money problem then...>>>

USA offers 24 F-16 jets to Indonesia

Indonesian Military chief Adm. Agus Suhartono said he has been studying an offer of two squadrons of F-16 A/B Fighting Falcon fighter jets from the US.

He said although it was a grant, he had to calculate the cost of maintaining the 24 aircraft. Indonesia-US ties were also a consideration, he said as quoted by Antara news agency.

The Obama administration lifted the military embargo on Indonesia in July due to “improvement on human rights”. The embargo was levied more than a decade ago after repeated human rights abuses in Timor Leste perpetrated by the Indonesian Military.

Budget concerns forced Indonesia to refuse an earlier US government offer of a newer model of Fighting Falcon, the F-16 C/D.

Indonesian Air Force chief of staff Air Marshal Eri Biatmoko said the military needed three squadrons of fighter jets for air security.

RI studies F-16 offer | The Jakarta Post

What! A "Ring of Hamburgers" in the making??? :azn:
Bagus!!

AS I KNOW Indonesian gdp is very close to TURKEY , why they have money problem then...>>>

Indonesia doesn't have threat from other countries, so they have different priorities. Besides Turkeys population is less than 1/3rd of Indonesia.

It's in response to them considering JF-17.

That is what I thought too, US wants to prevent Indonesia buying JF-17 because China has 50% share. They want ASEAN to be on their side to counter China's influence.

Giving away A/B model of F-16 won't cost USA much since these jets are more likely already retired from service and parked in a desert.

The versions of F-16s offered to Indonesia are too outdated. JF-17 can out perform them, maybe there'll be some bribing, on behalf of the US.

As much as I'd like to see Indonesia choosing the JF-17, I think it's unrealistic because they are developing a 5th gen fighter with S. Korea.

kf-x.jpg

As much as I'd like to see Indonesia choosing the JF-17, I think it's unrealistic because they are developing a 5th gen fighter with S. Korea.

kf-x.jpg

That and the fact that China is reportedly offering ToT with the FC-1 themselves to anyone interested.
Whether Indonesia goes for JF-17 / FC-1 or the Sukhois, it is better of not becoming victims to US scams.

kf-x.jpg

It takes about 20 years from concept to operational service for a new jet, could be even more for a 5th Gen fighter. Whereas JF-17 can be make available in a few short years, it still stands a good chance to get Indonesian contract.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom