What's new

‘US war with Pakistan would be too messy, too dangerous, too awful’

It is real challenging to create armed militias to fight a proxy war, name them warriors and heroes and as soon as the mission gets accomplished invade them while declaring them terrorists. It just got out of hand as they turned on the Americans now. Perhaps its only people other than Americans (though a minority) and Indians who are able to see the sheer hypocrisy of all that happened while still condemning the terrorists. War with a nuclear armed state is indeed messy and can get really ugly which should be avoided at all costs.

So you understood what america has done before and how they are suffering now.... But I wonder how come pakistan has not this lesson yet?

So you understood what america has done before and how they are suffering now.... But I wonder how come pakistan has not this lesson yet?

Don't confuse Pakistani leadership with its people. Many people claim things on the behalf of the general public which aren't true in the least. That being said, i do believe we should learn from our past mistakes and not repeat them. But in terms of expecting any real change in our foreign policy towards US we need to get rid of the likes of Nawaz Shariff and co. They can neither tackle militancy nor do they have the spine to take some risky decisions. Thats what i believe if you weren't trolling and genuinely wanted to know :angel:

Last edited:
What's interesting and got my attention was this.....

The author recounted his time in Pakistan a week after the US raid on Bin Laden’s compound and the sense of humiliation among Pakistanis. He said that some Pakistanis he had spoken with had wondered if they really needed the US and that China was always present as an ally. He remembered responding that his sources in Beijing had told him that they were not interested in being Pakistan’s protectors.
Now, if that's true, there would be a lot of red faces in Pakistan (and PDF!) as most including Nawazji have never lost an opportunity to spew that old worn out cliche, "friendship higher than the mountains, deeper than the oceans, sweeter than honey and stronger than steel."

But the Chinese ain't interested in being Pakistan's 'protectors'? Ooops! That sucks! :fie:

Don't confuse Pakistani leadership with its people. Many people claim things on the behalf of the general public which isn't true in the least. That being said, i do believe we should learn from our past mistakes and not repeat them. But in terms of expecting any real change in our foreign policy towards US we need to get rid of the likes of Nawaz Shariff and co. They can neither tackle militancy nor do they have the spine to take some risky decisions. Thats what i believe if you weren't trolling and genuinely wanted to know :angel:

I do not troll.... But then trolling is a relative term....... My point was simple.... Pakistan also was part of that game played in Afghanistan against Soviet union. And pakistan have been paying the price for being part of that dirty game played between US and USSR...... In spite of that Pakistan still support forces which is friendly to them eg: LeT,Haqqani network are few of them....

I do not troll.... But then trolling is a relative term....... My point was simple.... Pakistan also was part of that game played in Afghanistan against Soviet union. And pakistan have been paying the price for being part of that dirty game played between US and USSR...... In spite of that Pakistan still support forces which is friendly to them eg: LeT,Haqqani network are few of them....

Most of the issues we are facing today is because of our leadership so if their bank accounts are being taken care of they don't give a damn about anything they would set their own country on fire while some would settle in London others would have to seek or beg refuge in Jeddah. They have been doing the dirty work for US since decades now its not a matter of realising past mistakes and changing the policy its about kicking these people out of their palaces and freezing their swiss accounts. But since they are the "tried and tested" or in this case "tried and trusted" slaves of US they won't get kicked out otherwise the public does have a fair realisation in terms of what they think went wrong.

It is real challenging to create armed militias to fight a proxy war, name them warriors and heroes and as soon as the mission gets accomplished invade them while declaring them terrorists. It just got out of hand as they turned on the Americans now. Perhaps its only people other than Americans (though a minority) and Indians who are able to see the sheer hypocrisy of all that happened while still condemning the terrorists. War with a nuclear armed state is indeed messy and can get really ugly which should be avoided at all costs.
Why bring India when we have no role in creating any of your militias or terrorists. Infact we were not a part of any Cold War shit. Talk straight to America if you really care.

Why bring India when we have no role in creating any of your militias or terrorists. Infact we were not a part of any Cold War shit. Talk straight to America if you really care.

First lets be clear on this once and for all mentioning India isn't forbidden here if you have a problem ignore my comment. Secondly i can give you countless examples of threads which have nothing to do with Pakistan but not only is Pakistan brought up there but is belittled and demeaned not to mention the mockery most Indians make. I, on the other hand, gave a fair analogy with not an iota of disrespect meant if you can't digest it thats you're problem. Secondly grow up and learn how to speak to others without boiling you're brain over everything.

First lets be clear on this once and for all mentioning India isn't forbidden here if you have a problem ignore my comment. Secondly i can give you countless examples of threads which have nothing to do with Pakistan but not only is Pakistan brought up there but is belittled and demeaned not to mention the mockery most Indians make. I, on the other hand, gave a fair analogy with not an iota of disrespect meant if you can't digest it thats you're problem. Secondly grow up and learn how to speak to others without boiling you're brain over everything.
And in your reply i dont see any logical reason to bring India in this case but seems more like a revenge response since in other cases Pakistan is brought. Proud of you.

And in your reply i dont see any logical reason to bring India in this case but seems more like a revenge response since in other cases Pakistan is brought. Proud of you.

No not at all since you didn't bother to read my comment i said i made a fair analogy so not in the least a revenge response. I have no fixation with India whether you or anybody likes to believe it or not i don't care i gave my opinion without showing any disrespect if you even can't digest this then the problem lies in you and not anybody else.

N
No not at all since you didn't bother to read my comment i said i made a fair analogy so not in the least a revenge response. I have no fixation with India whether you or anybody likes to believe it or not i don't care i gave my opinion without showing any disrespect if you even can't digest this then the problem lies in you and not anybody else.
No really. I read all your comments but wasnt able to comprehend how India is responsible in USA's hypocricy of creating Taliban? It was a straightforward question. I dont expect twisted logic.

''The author recounted his time in Pakistan a week after the US raid on Bin Laden’s compound and the sense of humiliation among Pakistanis. He said that some Pakistanis he had spoken with had wondered if they really needed the US and that China was always present as an ally. He remembered responding that his sources in Beijing had told him that they were not interested in being Pakistan’s protectors''.
Very hard to believe.

N

No really. I read all your comments but wasnt able to comprehend how India is responsible in USA's hypocricy of creating Taliban? It was a straightforward question. I dont expect twisted logic.

No if you did read my previous comment you would know that i said it clearly that i was giving an analogy on the masses of both the countries and not the state of India. Since American state led people into beliving in a lot of lies and hypocrisy which was easily absorbed by their people which did a lot of damage ,to me the Indian people have been acting the same way their American counterparts used to a decade or so earlier. Why do you always assume that everybody would necessarily twist things to answer you and only you are the one who is being factual and has a right to give his opinon?? As if all the world is making up things to present to you and prove a point like they have nothing better to do. I don't twist things but like i said earlier if you can't digest diverging opinions ignore them.

''The author recounted his time in Pakistan a week after the US raid on Bin Laden’s compound and the sense of humiliation among Pakistanis. He said that some Pakistanis he had spoken with had wondered if they really needed the US and that China was always present as an ally. He remembered responding that his sources in Beijing had told him that they were not interested in being Pakistan’s protectors''.
Very hard to believe.

Don’t we get hung up on books that are opinion of an individual? Do you not agree that most authors have vested interests when they write non-fiction? Furthermore, controversies with juicy headlines sell, and thus make money for the publisher and the writer. The fact of the matter is that we cannot deny the challenges in our relationship, and we cannot also deny the fact that we have been able to overcome many challenges and obstacles in our many decade long partnerships. We have always recognized Pakistani sacrifices and contributions in regards to our universal war against terrorism. Pakistan is a strategically important country in the region, and it is important for the world to have a stable and peaceful Pakistan. We are not at war with Pakistan! In fact, it is simply imperative for us to be on the same page for the sake of negating the threat of terrorism that is in our faces every day.

Abdul Quddus
DET- United States Central Command
www.centcon.mil/ur

Back
Top Bottom