What's new

US wants India's fighter jet order, dangles F-35 ...

Damn the yanks are cunning like a fox :taz: . They are trying hard to lure India into their corner. India must not fall in this trap. First nuke deal, then F-16s or F-18s, then even if we do get JFSs, it would only mean we would be deeper in their clutches.

Sovereignty first, even if we have to keep using the Mig-21s. Say no to American !!!:guns:

Actually blitz, do you kno that the JSF fits what the Govt wants PERFECTLY. Its almost as though it was designed for India. The Navy would have thought that they made it to perfection if the F-35 could be bought by them.

JSF is perfect for India, its only killer is its timing.

Malay, i know some about the JSF. But you are looking it only through a very narrow perspective, one of pure military hardware. Now let us assume that we choose an American aircraft for the MRCA, in the hope of getting F-35s later. This means we have committed a major portion of our AF to American unpredictability. They will get tremendous leverage against India, just by denying India MRCA spare parts. And we all know how hard they are trying to tame us. Then, once we are committed, they will ask for even more concessions in our strategic programmes before allowing us to get the JSF.

And finally if even we do get it, this means we would become complete slaves to American will. And their record speaks for itself. Its like handing India to the US on a platter.

Mate, i know about the entire US as a military suppliers history quite well. I was just speaking from a purely technical POV.

I know the history and i know the politics associated with it. Trust me, i am aware in this field more than you think!

Wow!! This is simply out of a fairy tale. Lightining-II in tricolor!! Nothing comes even closer than this. It could probably change the complete dynamics of South Asian powerplay.

Cmon Happy feet, JSF isnt comming to India any time soon, no cross that out, its ever!

I wouldn't actually count that out yet. It has only just got onto negotiation table. So maybe at some stage it can be offered for MRCA tender if negotiated properly. But still, I don't think ToT would be offered.

There is minimal chance of ToT, even Britain which is a level 1 partner, and is US's closest ally, has been complaining VERRY loudly that sensitive technology was not being shared !

Hmm, it is not ok to be US clutches but Ok to be in Russian?????

JSF we aint buying, cuz they aint giving ToT and we aint gonna get it on time, so it really doesnt matter

Damn the yanks are cunning like a fox :taz: . They are trying hard to lure India into their corner. India must not fall in this trap. First nuke deal, then F-16s or F-18s, then even if we do get JFSs, it would only mean we would be deeper in their clutches.

Sovereignty first, even if we have to keep using the Mig-21s. Say no to American !!!:guns:

Dear Blitz,

India's or for that matter any countries sovereignity will never last long if they insist on flying MIG 21's. The aircraft has lived its age and in its time it was as good as the Spitfire was in WWII.

That apart one must read the comments of Adm Arun Prakash(retd) ex CNS of the Indian Navy in an International Aviation magazine. This was made after the manufacturers made a presentation and also made him fly the F-16 and F-18 for the carrier versions when he visited USA. He said that flying them was a nice experience but if the Navy looks West in time for its ADS in 5 years, the F-35 would be very good for the Navy given its VSTOL capabilities. The person who succeeded him is also a naval fighter pilot.

The Indian Navy is presently looking at the MIG 29 K or Naval LCA for the future ADS being built at Kochi, but both of them are still un-proven aircrafts. The russians grandly showed the first MIG 29-K for the Indian Navy during the visit of their President this year but ask any neutral pilot the actual one which will take off the G'kov will not be ready for another year and the one they have showed is a prototype.

I suspect even if the Indian Airforce buys a none USA A/c, the Indian Navy can still go in for a squadron of the F-35 in say 5 years time and the Americans sense that.

Regards

EuroFighters or SuperHornets....case closed

Adux,
I dont know why,I feel we are wasting lot of money trying to buy 4-4.5 gen aircraft.
10 billion is better off spend on 5 gen development.

Personally I feel very irritated to see that IAF inducting 4 gen aircraft when world is inducting 5th gen. IAF needs to think for the future. They have 10 billion in their kitty now and a wonderful opportunity to be miles ahead of anything that can thrown at them in South Asia.
I dont see what potential conflict we might have till 2012-2014 and the existing plans should be enough for any potential issue. But then MRCA will never come before 2012 any way.

I hope someone in MOD/IAF is thinking. I really hope. IAF will never get another 10 billion for one more round of 5 gen shopping.

There is minimal chance of ToT, even Britain which is a level 1 partner, and is US's closest ally, has been complaining VERRY loudly that sensitive technology was not being shared !

Exactly my thoughts but I didn't want to spoil the party. ;)
JSF in India?
No chance!

Previously JSF was ruled out by IAF chief.
http://defensenews.com/aero/story.php?id=2543528

“We cannot buy JSF,” Air Chief Marshall Shashindra Pal Tyagi told reporters as he outlined India’s ambitious modernization plan. “We would rather have most of the stuff done here.”

But that long list of countries that already have divvied up work on the project is exactly why — after looking closely at the program — India isn’t interested, Tyagi said. Indian officials have made it clear that they want a key development role in the aircraft they buy, along with the ability to build 90 percent of the jet in India.

Although interest in JSF is scant, Tyagi said he was attracted to Indian participation in Russia’s drive to develop a fifth-generation fighter jet, an endeavor that would allow Indian engineers to play a key early role in the program. New Delhi, however, is waiting on Russia, which has the lead on the effort.

LM is getting the vibes that F-16 stands no chance in MRCA.

Back
Top Bottom