What's new

US unlikely to contain China's rise

put your foot in U.S shoes.
if china now is the only super power, it will contain U.S, no wonder.
so this is a challenge that a rising power has to face. God bless china.:)

谢谢您!我和您的感觉完全一样!美国不可能限制中国的!
还有巴基斯坦这样亲密的兄弟,在支持我们!
Thank you! I feel exactly the same and you! United States can not restrict China's!
Pakistani brothers so close, in support of us!

In todays world every country is so inter dependent on others that it is unlikely that two super power would like to lock into a fighting . the only way USA can contain china's economic and military rise without damaging its own economic situation significantly is to make India and China in to a war

I disagree that the US wants to contain China, or anyone. Like the smallest nations, the US wants to protect its interests - and US interests are best served by a rising China. Similarly, China's interests are best served by working together with the US.

Excluding the Chinese themselves, consider that it has been the US that is most responsible for China's rise to date - via investment, opening of US markets, and all the related (bad for the US) policies that have helped China to lift millions of its citizens out of poverty and become the world trade powerhouse it has become.

Had the US wished to contain China, it could have done so. Instead, beginning in 1973, it chose another road anmd hopefully, that road will benefit everyone. Who wants a return to the cold war era, where smaller countries made up "spheres of interest" and chose (or were chosen by) their "big brother?" How much more stable, secure and profitable for all if countries collaborated as they wished on the projects of their choosing and with the support of both China and the US.

Perhaps it appears as wishful thinking, but I believe that scenario is the one envisioned by the US in 1973, and despite twists, turns and growing pains, remains the vision today. Remember, China's "descent" is just a blip in time. For centuries, China was the richest, most advanced country in the world. The US gamble is that China's rise and time will erode the small-minded and sometimes openly-aggressive thinking of China's aging, communist leadership; and that younger Chinese will complete China's evolution and rise in a way that benefits all.

Back
Top Bottom