What's new

US Tries to Stifle Chinese Space Advances

Uh just like what you're doing now? Pretending to be all righteous and knowledgeable about military more than others makes it even less tolerable than a troll. Heck anybody here can find a story or two or a military friend and used their experiences and apply it to here. This is forum not a grammar school. You're taking a small case of misspelling and turning it into a major deal (I know your game, try something else). I worked with my Platoon Sergeant, Squad Leaders, and Team Leaders and other soldiers of my units on more important issues, such as maintenance on vehicles, equipments, condition of the units, and welfare of the soldiers. An officer can delegate his tasks to get things done for the units, but he/she can NOT delegate his/her responsibilities. It is hard and a heavy burden, but never the less, I loved it. At the end of the day, me and my Platoon Sergeant would go to gym and lift weights with some of our other fellow soldiers at Ft. Rucker. After that we either go out to see a movie or go outside the base and eat at the local restaurant. Everybody worked and earned their respect through hard work, bravery, and competence. So, if you still hold proper spelling to be the sole important duty of an officer (maybe in the Air Force), by all means "high speed" go for it.
The kind of low level fraternization you mentioned is not unknown by the public and is tolerated by all the services but your argument sounded awfully 'canned' and like it come from a civilian understanding of how this kind of fraternization come to be: that it is the officer who somehow grant an honor or lesser privileges to his men to be in his presence. The truth is that it is the other way around. It always has and will be the NCOs who make up the backbones of every professional militaries. If an officer earned his NCOs' respect, it will be they who will give the officer the privilege of being within their circle. If anything, this kind of low level fraternization give the young officer even less of an excuse to misspell the rank of those who serve him and withstand his wrath if anything goes wrong.

Details matter and when I had the responsibility of signing off an aircraft as 'Code-One' for one or two pilots to trust their lives to me, I take details seriously. When the aircrew look over the books with my signatures in the appropriate fields, they expect me to take those details seriously, details that they do not know and could kill them and not necessarily in the air. When I converse with an (alleged) officer on an anonymous Internet forum, and I have many times elsewhere, I expect a certain level of sophistication in his language commensurate to his university education and experience in military life. Yours do not measure up. If you are not who you claimed to be, those details will expose you. Be careful.

Go "beat your meat" with the picture of your dad and uncle making out in the out house some more!

Thanks, but im straight. I prefer beautiful young women for that.

You of-course, are free to hit it off with your pet dog, or goat for all i care. Im just into all that 'wild' stuff like you. Sorry bud :tup:

You of-course, are free to hit it off with your pet dog, or goat for all i care. Im just into all that 'wild' stuff like you. Sorry bud :tup:

Yeah but does beautiful women likes you back? Hey there's a billy goat over there at the bar making sweet eye contact with ya. I think it's your type.

Lol....:rofl:

<Moron proof editor>

ethug22.jpg

The kind of low level fraternization you mentioned is not unknown by the public and is tolerated by all the services but your argument sounded awfully 'canned' and like it come from a civilian understanding of how this kind of fraternization come to be: that it is the officer who somehow grant an honor or lesser privileges to his men to be in his presence. The truth is that it is the other way around. It always has and will be the NCOs who make up the backbones of every professional militaries. If an officer earned his NCOs' respect, it will be they who will give the officer the privilege of being within their circle. If anything, this kind of low level fraternization give the young officer even less of an excuse to misspell the rank of those who serve him and withstand his wrath if anything goes wrong.

Details matter and when I had the responsibility of signing off an aircraft as 'Code-One' for one or two pilots to trust their lives to me, I take details seriously. When the aircrew look over the books with my signatures in the appropriate fields, they expect me to take those details seriously, details that they do not know and could kill them and not necessarily in the air. When I converse with an (alleged) officer on an anonymous Internet forum, and I have many times elsewhere, I expect a certain level of sophistication in his language commensurate to his university education and experience in military life. Yours do not measure up. If you are not who you claimed to be, those details will expose you. Be careful.

NCOs are the backbone and the officers are the brains and leader of the units. A lot of things can and will always go wrong either it's personal or equipment. NCOs are specifically responsible for training soldiers (even officers when they are candidates or cadets). That's why there two separate systems of leadership and responsibility. The NCO does the day to day routine duties, such as physical fitness of soldiers, skill assessment of soldiers, and well being of the platoon. The officer does all the planning that coordinates with the CO (company commander) and XO. He/she makes careful decisions based on the mission plan given to them by the CO. The Platoon Leader then coordinates with his Platoon Sergeant (NCO) about how to accomplish the mission and tasks at hand. I expected a more professional approach coming from an NCO that has 10 years of service when blogging on these threads. If you can't handle my language and way of approaching the subject matter, then my suggestion to you is don't bother engaging at all if it offends you. Common military courtesy applies in both garrison and in the field. It's teamwork that will help the platoon survive the fight.

self delete since im not interested in homo talk.

NCOs are the backbone and the officers are the brains and leader of the units. A lot of things can and will always go wrong either it's personal or equipment. NCOs are specifically responsible for training soldiers (even officers when they are candidates or cadets). That's why there two separate systems of leadership and responsibility. The NCO does the day to day routine duties, such as physical fitness of soldiers, skill assessment of soldiers, and well being of the platoon. The officer does all the planning that coordinates with the CO (company commander) and XO. He/she makes careful decisions based on the mission plan given to them by the CO. The Platoon Leader then coordinates with his Platoon Sergeant (NCO) about how to accomplish the mission and tasks at hand.
More 'canned' comments that are insignificant to the subject.

I expected a more professional approach coming from an NCO that has 10 years of service when blogging on these threads.
And I have given you that due respect to your alleged history.

If you can't handle my language and way of approaching the subject matter, then my suggestion to you is don't bother engaging at all if it offends you. Common military courtesy applies in both garrison and in the field. It's teamwork that will help the platoon survive the fight.
No offense taken. No NCO is going to jump up and down screaming bloody murder that you misspelled his rank. But what we will do is look at you with a different perspective, usually a notch down. Take another view...How would YOU like it if your commander repeatedly call you leftenant instead of lieutenant? Not only that, whenever he write your performance report, he even spelled it that way instead of the common abbreviation. Respect works both ways and it will be quite fast that you will lose respect for this person for the lack of respect he has shown to you, even if you are only a second louie.

Where I work, there is a retired Force Recon Marine maintaining the fab. Within walking distance from my desk is a CVD tool owner and former Navy medic used to be attached to various SEAL teams. My immediate supervisor is former Army with all the Infantry badges. To a man, all agree that even a 'butter bar' should know how to spell 'sergeant'. No one is expecting Shakespearian prose here, but for a claimed military man and a leader of troops, at the very least know how how to spell out the ranks of your service.

Poseurs on anonymous Internet forums do not pass themselves off as 'lowly' noncoms or technical USAF geeks. They are more often than not officers, always give themselves 'scary' handles and make claims of being in badassery units. So for you to come on here claiming to be a US Army officer but do not know how to spell the simple 'sergeant' rank of those he relies heavily upon is inexcusable in my book and right now mark you as a potential poseur.

No offense taken. No NCO is going to jump up and down screaming bloody murder that you misspelled his rank. But what we will do is look at you with a different perspective, usually a notch down. Take another view...How would YOU like it if your commander repeatedly call you leftenant instead of lieutenant? Not only that, whenever he write your performance report, he even spelled it that way instead of the common abbreviation. Respect works both ways and it will be quite fast that you will lose respect for this person for the lack of respect he has shown to you, even if you are only a second louie.

Where I work, there is a retired Force Recon Marine maintaining the fab. Within walking distance from my desk is a CVD tool owner and former Navy medic used to be attached to various SEAL teams. My immediate supervisor is former Army with all the Infantry badges. To a man, all agree that even a 'butter bar' should know how to spell 'sergeant'. No one is expecting Shakespearian prose here, but for a claimed military man and a leader of troops, at the very least know how how to spell out the ranks of your service.

Poseurs on anonymous Internet forums do not pass themselves off as 'lowly' noncoms or technical USAF geeks. They are more often than not officers, always give themselves 'scary' handles and make claims of being in badassery units. So for you to come on here claiming to be a US Army officer but do not know how to spell the simple 'sergeant' rank of those he relies heavily upon is inexcusable in my book and right now mark you as a potential poseur.

Like I said before, anybody can make up a story and pretending to be someone whom they aren't. Since you worked near a military base and hanging out with the personnel I can see where you get all the infinite resources.

Back
Top Bottom